• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Not all Law Enforcement officers feel the same way as K40. There are those in the profession who are ardent defenders of the Constitution. :twocents:

Not flaming you---I just felt compelled to point that out. :)

True- and plenty of them on these boards. Our brothers who understand that it's not about arms, it's about freedom :patriot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Are LEO's required to take any type of refresher course on law and that sort of thing, or is it just once they get their badge, that's all the further educated they get?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    So being a "social retard" now gives police the authority to remove your rights? A lot of us may be in big trouble, myself included. I better go find my sheep costume, and Indymonkey...you might wanna stop talking about midgets for a while!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ok wait.

1 guy wearing a purse, another guy who had a MP5 wearing gear of the TAD, another guy who has a cartoon of Luigi and the Princess naked in bed toghether...

And we are making the "We arent social retards!" defense? :) /boggle

just jerking your chains guys. you know I love ya.

A friend of mine heard about this "incident", he is a older guy and a gun owner-concealed carrier, and his comment to me was "You know what we used to call carrying rifles in an urban area? Acting stupid and asking for trouble".

I tried to preach the OC gospel to him, but it was falling on deaf ears.

The OC education is a rough road, its not just the police that need convincing. Its other gun owners.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That guy seemed pissed when ATFC would not obey his order to disarm after LTCH was produced.

I've never seen a cop yet that didn't act like he just sat on a tack the instant any dissent appears in his view. They can rant all they want but don't dare be vocal in your own disagreement.

It's like that a lot when people have a position of authority. It's not just the police. Just let any regular, not geographicly specific, monkey get his hands on a big hammer and suddenly he's king.

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've never seen a cop yet that didn't act like he just sat on a tack the instant any dissent appears in his view. They can rant all they want but don't dare be vocal in your own disagreement.

It's like that a lot when people have a position of authority. It's not just the police. Just let any monkey get his hands on a big hammer and suddenly he's king.

This is most true in those that are most wrong.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Guys, I want to reflect back to one of the purposes of this event, which was supposed to be an education of the masses. Now, in this effort, please tell me how anyone was educated? The only thing I see that happened was a law-abiding citizen handcuffed and illegally detained, while another had his firearm illegally confiscated. Although those are the facts, all those secretaries, office workers, and even the couple at the cookie store probably saw was a bunch of 'crazy' people carrying guns and IMPD doing a great job of protecting their safety. I'm glad the media was not there. I could only imagine what they would report.

I understand the to-each-his-own factor, and that protest takes on many different faces. I just don't see the lesson conveyed in this, but I'm open to learn if I'm missing something.

A lot of people learned just how easily that can happen and just how little they can do about it.

They could have just as easily spent the next few weeks in jail with out bond or trial, interrogated off and on, only for the charges to be dropped if they were ever charged and then released. Happens all the time in Martin county.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    A lot of people learned just how easily that can happen and just how little they can do about it.

I wasnt going to do anything but stand there like a beotch and take it.

Wednesday might be different as I have time on my hand and might end up at the chiefs office.;)

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side

You could have told the LEO who handcuffed you that HE wanted a lawyer. When he asks why, response could have been "for my suit against you".:D

Probably not the wisest thing to say to someone who has you in cuffs with 4 buddies standing there...

Trying to learn the humor that's used here, forgive me.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    You could have told the LEO who handcuffed you that HE wanted a lawyer. When he asks why, response could have been "for my suit against you".:D

Probably not the wisest thing to say to someone who has you in cuffs with 4 buddies standing there...

Trying to learn the humor that's used here, forgive me.

The officer that cuffed him used the "well I know I'm going home tonight! Do YOU?" line..

Top Bottom