• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    This is why I keep my eyes peeled for weekend events. Not to go out and get harassed by LEO's, but to think about what was going through the minds of the onlookers once guns were being handed back to their respective owners. "they must not have been doing anything wrong... wait, why were they stopped then?" would have been my first though, and triggered my own research.

I will say that I'm a bit saddened by the fact that I couldn't be there, but a big part of me is very happy I couldn't make it, seeing as I probably would have said something to the officer that would have gotten me slapped by several people in here, or I would have crapped myself when the LEO's walked up and started the questioning. I know it's nothing to be scared of, but I've always had a thing against authority,but I would have been very uncomfortable by myself. With a group I probably could have kept a level head and followed suit.

Still waiting for one I can get to. My paycheck on Friday will tell me how many vacation hours I have, I may get out of work and go to the next event.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Perhaps not bring the long guns? Like Frank said, if the M5 wasn't there,'there may not have been any problems.

I'm all for OCing and carrying long guns. I wish we lived in a world where you could do it without getting strange looks. But it's not like that. People are scared to death of guns.

I think if you are going to hang their view, you shouldn't scare them. Ease into it. Set up a booth, a conference,'something downtown, and have a demonstration. Teach people who are interested.
    Pass out flyers. Talk to them. And OC while doing it. But don't frighten them.'you'll just get MWAG calls.

What you are talking about costs hundreds of $$$ and what we did only cost me a parking ticket ;)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Perhaps not bring the long guns? Like Frank said, if the M5 wasn't there,'there may not have been any problems.

I'm all for OCing and carrying long guns. I wish we lived in a world where you could do it without getting strange looks. But it's not like that. People are scared to death of guns.

I think if you are going to hang their view, you shouldn't scare them. Ease into it. Set up a booth, a conference,'something downtown, and have a demonstration. Teach people who are interested.
    Pass out flyers. Talk to them. And OC while doing it. But don't frighten them.'you'll just get MWAG calls.

So, what? Surrender our right to carry and possess long guns because some people are scared? You are young, perhaps you aren't aware of the decades spent kowtowing to those scared, "Americans," and all we got in return was the near total elimination of our right to keep and bear arms. That tide didn't turn until some people adopted a more upfront, confrontational stance and flat refused to submit to the will of those who wish to strip us of our freedom. And such hard headed confrontation continues, and will continue, to be a necessary part of our fight to reclaim our rights.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

Yep, for all we know there was a criminal plotting an armed robbery or a shooting spree; they saw all the armed citizens, pooped in their pants and went home to change.

Good job guys!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So, what? Surrender our right to carry and possess long guns because some people are scared? You are young, perhaps you aren't aware of the decades spent kowtowing to those scared, "Americans," and all we got in return was the near total elimination of our right to keep and bear arms. That tide didn't turn until some people adopted a more upfront, confrontational stance and flat refused to submit to the will of those who wish to strip us of our freedom. And such hard headed confrontation continues, and will continue, to be a necessary part of our fight to reclaim our rights.

Did I say anything about surrendering our rights? I said I wish we lived in a world where we could carry a frigging long gun without the looks.

I'm just saying to get people to change their views, you have to ease into it. And that's what the reason for this get together was.'changing views.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Did I say anything about surrendering our rights? I said I wish we lived in a world where we could carry a frigging long gun without the looks.

I'm just saying to get people to change their views, you have to ease into it. And that's what the reason for this get together was.'changing views.

And sometimes, the views that need changing is that of government agents who feel they can break the law and attack American citizens with impunity. They need to know there will be consequences... whether it be in the form of complaints and lawsuits from those damaged, or in the form of other people like me who wouldn't dream of going to the bother of carrying a ten pound beast of a long arm downtown now being willing to join others in doing so just to actively assert my rights by rubbing their face in it and daring them to violate the law again. And again. And again, until either some honest officers do the right thing and put a stop to the illegal activity being conducted by their brethren, or the city gets tired of being repeatedly sued and losing.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Guns, just like midgets get looks in public. Its just not as common as a homeless guy, that asked if I was carrying a 40cal 1911.:D

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    -2 to Officer C.M. Highsmith and Officer J.C. Elliot, Indianapolis Metro PD.

(That's why I CC.)

Two more officers who have shown themselves to be the enemies of law-abiding citizens. Sickening.

So the police have accomplished their goal. :n00b: There's nothing wrong with CCing, but when you do it out of fear, it's a sad thing. No need to be ashamed of your weapon---we are FREE MEN here, and if the police have an issue with it, then so be it. It'll come back to haunt them at some point.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Had we not been violated by LEO's, our education would have gone much better, as we had flyers to hand out and show that citizens can peaceably assemble, armed and not cause any problems...the LEO CAUSED the problems.
    The two walks downtown prior to this went off without a single burp.;)

Thanks for clarification, ATF. Thanks for your efforts.

Top Bottom