• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It helps if you can articulate in your complaint that you are well aware of the ISC ruling regarding probable cause, and that this officer specifically violated it.

While the temptation is there to bring up the petty, stupid crap he said, it's better to leave it as "I was respectful towards the officer and the officer's statements to me showed a lack of professionalism and were unnecessarily condescending and disrespectful."

It would be good to have exact quotes when asked for examples, though.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't know about IMPD specifically. But I do know from other LE organizations that complaints against officers do have an effect. It may not be your specific complaint that gets any action, but they do get attention. The more of a pest you make of yourself, and the higher up you can get your complaint the more effect it has. The thing is, even the best and most respectful officer will garner complaints as that is the nature of the job. But if you can clearly articulate your complaint, back it up with witnesses, and take it as high as you can get, then you will have an effect.

Document document document, like any other problem employee, the kind that is always causing the boss extra work, paper work, explanations to his boss, ect,... the officer with the most complaints is rarely the one at the top of the promotion list.

Sooner or later the "complaint list" comes in to play even if it is only "the officer under investigation has a long running record of citizen complaints and charges of harrassment and excessive force..."

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    How do you know we don't? Most non-LEO INGOers assume that just because I am an LEO I will side with the LEOs 100% of the time. Just because I don't state my opinion or the side I take on INGO doesn't mean I don't support the INGO/non-LEO side of things in certain situations.

I wasn't referring to "certain situations", I was referring specifically to the thread over on officer.com. No offense intended...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It might be fun to make tomorrow's elections across the stae an OC / gun rights event on the state wide level.

Every one OC to the voting booth and if questioned why mention this event and showing solidarity with the rest of the legal gun owning and carrying public. Who ever you vote for or vote against, do it with the biggest flashy imposing weapon on your hip you own.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Well, I know this isn't supposed to be "us vs them", but our own j706 has made his feelings known over there... :rolleyes:

That I seen, and am incredibly disappointed that the only response was an agreement...

I would love to have a few LEO's to hang out with and argue laws and "rights and wrongs," it would help educate me as long as I was being pointed correctly.

I wouldn't bash on LEO's, their job has to suck enough as it is, without the constant attacks from other people, but sometimes it just calls for it, but in an organized fashion, and well.... "politely" isn't the word, but you get what I'm saying.:rolleyes:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    It might be fun to make tomorrow's elections across the stae an OC / gun rights event on the state wide level.

Every one OC to the voting booth and if questioned why mention this event and showing solidarity with the rest of the legal gun owning and carrying public. Who ever you vote for or vote against, do it with the biggest flashy imposing weapon on your hip you own.

Already planned on it. Wife told me she was going to OC to the polls before I even mentioned it to her!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, I know this isn't supposed to be "us vs them", but our own j706 has made his feelings known over there... :rolleyes:

First, let's please not turn this into an us vs their board thread as has been asked.

Second, the comment was ambiguous at best. Let's not jump to conclusions, and let's not crucify a fellow INGOer over this. :twocents: We're all entitled to our opinions.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

Many polling locations, including ours, are at a School or a Church with a School. Legally a no-no.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

He's made them known here, too. He thinks OC is stupid and tactically unsound. He's hardly the only person that shares that opinion.

But he also recognizes it as a right, is a strong supporter of our rights, and doesn't trample them.

We aren't going to agree with each other all the time. I don't care if cops, private citizens, or anyone else doesn't like OC... so long as they don't mistake their opinions for law.

I'm proud to count him as a friend. I trust him implicitly. He and I disagree on OC, but I don't think you'd find him behaving in an illegal fashion simply because of that. I know darned well he won't hassle folks for OC'ing, because the first time he and I met we'd just had an online fight about it, and I wore a big ass Beretta 92 out in the open for God and everybody to see just to get his goat. He refused to notice, and gave me a kitty cat.

There are grounds for thinking carrying an MP5 downtown is weird... I wouldn't consider doing it for a simple lunch get together, though I would now to make a political point. Just because I wouldn't do it, and the police don't like it, isn't grounds for government agents to deliberately break the law and violate citizen's rights. I guarantee most of those cops that DIDN'T hassle those folks today didn't care for the MP5 being carried like that, and many may not have cared for the OC display... but they behaved like professionals and obeyed the law. The problem comes from officers who choose not to do that.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I really dont want this to turn into a INGO -vs- officer.com debate. It makes me almost sorry I mentioned the thread I read on officer.com and mentioned it on here... PLEASE keep it civil...

INGunGuy

Oh and to all the LEO's out there that do their job day in and day out with little to no thanks, THANK YOU!!!

Top Bottom