INGO Handgun Classifieds Where are the deals, or at least common sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    A little off topic but several of you have mentioned it. Pictures. I understand where you're coming from but you also need to consider you don't know every situation. In my case, I absolutely can not post pictures from my phone since the recent forum format changes and my phone is the only internet that I have. So I should just not use the classifieds anymore because of something that is out of my control? This is the only place that I can't psst pictures. If you want pictures I have no problem sending them to you, and there can be more of then in more detail than you would get on here anyway. There are also older generations that may not have the computer savvy to psst pictures at all. If you are uptight enough that you would pass up something you want simply because of a lack of a picture in the thread,I probably wouldn't want to deal with you anyway.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    A little off topic but several of you have mentioned it. Pictures. I understand where you're coming from but you also need to consider you don't know every situation. In my case, I absolutely can not post pictures from my phone since the recent forum format changes and my phone is the only internet that I have. So I should just not use the classifieds anymore because of something that is out of my control? This is the only place that I can't psst pictures. If you want pictures I have no problem sending them to you, and there can be more of then in more detail than you would get on here anyway. There are also older generations that may not have the computer savvy to psst pictures at all. If you are uptight enough that you would pass up something you want simply because of a lack of a picture in the thread,I probably wouldn't want to deal with you anyway.

If you can get on the web on your phone you can post pics... Its called photobucket. If i cant see its quality its not worth my time to drive up for something dented broken, scratched or covered in UTG crap

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I havent kept up on the handgun classifieds lately, since I am transitioning to rifles. However, there are a lot of people who like to play the game. They like to nickle and dime you when buying and selling just for the win. As the popularity of INGO has grown, so has the population of members that do this. Is there anything inherently wrong with this? In my opinion, no, there is not. The classifieds are all about negotiation. If you see a gun you want at a price you don't like, see if they will accept a lower price or make a trade. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Although, I do see adds from time to time that make me wonder how much meth that person has smoked.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

It sounds like we agree 100% I will pass on your sale and you will pass on my buy. Thats ok though cause there will always be other buyers and other sellers. I'm not giving you a hard time I'm just being honest that I won't PM you for a picture unless it is a super duper great deal. No picture means a harder sell. Just my :twocents:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    So who do we need to worry about? Do I need to ask for ltch, ethnic background, and demographic area before proceding? Is Greenwood absent of caucasian felons?

I bought a sweet little LCP from a white guy in Greenwood, in the Gander Mountain parking lot. He was from this INGO list many speak of. I think I got a good deal on the gun and nothing bad happened in the process. I even went there alone. Of course I had a loaded SP101 on my side.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought a sweet little LCP from a white guy in Greenwood, in the Gander Mountain parking lot. He was from this INGO list many speak of. I think I got a good deal on the gun and nothing bad happened in the process. I even went there alone. Of course I had a loaded SP101 on my side.

I saw what you did there :lmfao:

Hope you like the LCP.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess I don't understand the entitlement frame of mind. Just because there is a gun you want listed in the classifieds doesn't mean you are entitled to get it at the price you want. Part of the fun of looking for a gun is to find the best deal. Sometimes if I really want something badly then I will pay a little more. Sometimes for a more common model I can wait and shop around. I never get mad at a seller's price because it's their gun and they can ask what they want. I do sometimes laugh when I see prices.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Then again, I sometimes laugh at retail prices too. Yesterday I saw a website charging $1800 for a S&W 686 with an MSRP of $849.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It sounds like we agree 100% I will pass on your sale and you will pass on my buy. Thats ok though cause there will always be other buyers and other sellers. I'm not giving you a hard time I'm just being honest that I won't PM you for a picture unless it is a super duper great deal. No picture means a harder sell. Just my :twocents:

I will not chase someone around for pics anymore. I have done that and it is a hassle and wastes a lot of my valuable time. Time valuable only to me but hey, it is mine.
    I am one of those older guys with weak "Google-Fu" and I can post up pics. I take the time to prepare and I also give rd. count if I have that info, reason for selling, price range, location and how far I am willing to roll out to meet. If a gun hangs out to long with a lot of hits and no PM's it is obvious I have put to high an expectation of return on it.
    Get a way to download your pics from phone to an e-mail account, save them and upload to photobucket or some other pic storage forum. If I can do it there is absolutely no excuse for anyone else not to take the time to prepare a good ad for potential buyers to view. Do not ask someone to chase you around for the info that should already be in the ad. If all you have is a phone there is a friend or family member that will let you use the laptop to make this happen. If not.....then find a way. Sounds a bit lazy to me but that is JMHO.
    If the post is missing this info I blow on to the next one. I want to see the gun, judge condition, get a feel for the seller from the ad content,make a decision to PM with offer or move on.

If you post a "Threat" to put on gun broker then just do it and again, save us some time. You have obviously priced your gun beyond the ingo market. Move on with your flip.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I don't understand the entitlement frame of mind. Just because there is a gun you want listed in the classifieds doesn't mean you are entitled to get it at the price you want. Part of the fun of looking for a gun is to find the best deal. Sometimes if I really want something badly then I will pay a little more. Sometimes for a more common model I can wait and shop around. I never get mad at a seller's price because it's their gun and they can ask what they want. I do sometimes laugh when I see prices.
    '
    And this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The search and acquisition is part of the fun. Meeting new people and the possibility of new friends and expanding your circle of shooting contacts is also a big part of this for me.
    Yes, I have payed a little extra for convenience and the right package.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Ive been around longer then the join date on this username, and it seems the classifieds are at there worst in a long time. Even worse then the scare and the holidays last year. Maybe its just me but I could always find at least something to buy, but lately I have a hand full of cash and I can't get a decent deal for anything. Users asking more then Gander prices for used guns, users asking $1700 for a $600 gun that they put a $1000 worth of work into? I mean it's nuts..... When you buy a plastic gun and put almost twice the original cost of the gun in custom work your not going to get your money back. Almost never! A used XDs 45 for $550 because your throwing in a stupid holster???? A Glock 19 for $600?? Hell you could buy it at Gander on Black Friday for $550 NEW!! I was at an auction last week where a Colt Python went for over $3000 after tax and buyers fees, a Glock 22 for over $500 in ok shape, when you can buy a new GEN 4 for $25 more. It seems a LGS is better then the forums lately, hell Gander is better then half the ads up. At least at Gander you get some points and they take credit cards and use lube. I know Im going to take some crap for this post but I know others have noticed the same thing lately. I just hope after the holidays I can find someone to take my money (in exchange for goods and services that is).

What happened to the holidays being a time when people unloaded guns they did not want for some Christmas cash at decent prices. I'm not asking to steal the guns, only fair prices. Could this be a result of the scare and uninformed owners trying to get back all there money after they regret what they bought? This only seems to be happening with handguns, as the long gun section has had some fair prices and decent deals. Some of them by shady folks, but you give and you get. There is an ad up for a new AR in the box never used for a decent price. But the only thing the guy has ever sold was fake Chinese knock off NFL jerseys that he sells as real, so that kind of scares me in a strange way. I know it shouldn't but it does.

By the way if you are buying NFL jerseys new with tags off a guy or a flea market, or Craigslist they are always fake. ALWAYS. And that is fine, I own several of the fakes, there are some very high quality fakes out there. But you should not be paying more the $40 for them, ever. You can always find someone selling them for around $30-$40 as you can buy them in bulk for less the $15 each. And by bulk Im talking 8 or more. There was one website still up that I was buying them in lots of 10 or more for $12 each shipped! So don't over pay for your knock off jerseys, they got almost nothing in them so haggle them down they will take it.

Anyway thanks for reading my ramble, lets hope after the holidays things return to normal.

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, Happy New year, and all that jazz.

:):.......1 o' them in there NOW.......Hahahaha :):

without go'n thru whole thread.......cuzz I ain't got the time (work)........I've bought and sold .......basic'ly.......sumthin' for sale's worth whut you will'n ta give...:dunno:

I've had 3 transactions with 1 member on here......an' when he list's it......can rest assured it whut he says it is.....:yesway:.......SEVral dudes that put stuff up I pay close attn to......cuzz when they DO.......it in perfect shape,and in LNIB condition....:yesway:

Far's the argument on price......?.......can always PM the seller......and negotiate it......if they will'n ta move on price.....they will......if not,then ya got the right ta move on. I've made offers on stuff like " I'm will'n ta go xxx amount on yer blah,blah,blah...." If they say "sorry,but NO I won' sell fer that".......then I usually say "Understand,dude.....good luck on it"

Perty simple,really.......:dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have gotten and missed nice deals on INGO as well as other places, you can always read the ad and chuckle if you wants ame as armslist or gunbroker, then wait for the BTT or BUMP posts as the $900 Glock with "XTRAS" comes along, its a market, some people actualy do have $$$ and pay Dons Guns prices on stuff in the marketplace.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have gotten and missed nice deals on INGO as well as other places, you can always read the ad and chuckle if you wants ame as armslist or gunbroker, then wait for the BTT or BUMP posts as the $900 Glock with "XTRAS" comes along, its a market, some people actualy do have $$$ and pay Dons Guns prices on stuff in the marketplace.

Dons and Gander Mountain are packed all the time..........:dunno:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have done many deals on here. Most I would consider "fair" and I have gotten a few "good" deals on here too.
    If it's something I want, and you have a fair asking price, I will most likely buy it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I won't pay the same amount for a used gun that is within striking distance of brand-new prices at a LGS. For example, on Armslist, I recently saw someone asking $350 for a used Kahr CW that Bradis just had on-sale for $299. Sometimes the "extras" people include may justify a slightly higher price, but now it's a package that costs MORE than a new gun, especially if the gun itself is what I really want (though sometimes, extra mags and a holster can sweeten the deal).

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I buy/sell/trade here on INGO and Gunbroker and have a great time doing it.

You have to remember that the amazing deal is like a needle in a haystack, not needle in a needlestack.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I will always haggle and try to negotiate better pricing for any item I try to buy. That is part of the fun.

The exception to the rule is a post that Churchmouse posted for a 1911 Range Officer back on November that I will use for an example.

CM gave all the information needed to understand his selling position. He had already included the reduced price over what he paid.
    IMO asking him for lower pricing would have been offensive and not part of the fun haggle process.

He gave his reason for selling
    When it was purchased
    Round count
    Had receipt showing $129.25 more than asking price. (The haggle price was already adjusted)
    Gave minimum amount needed for gun in a softer tone more accepted instead of FIRM as most of us do
    Listed location
    Gave distance willing to travel
    Posted awesome pictures (I love the stand that the pistol mag well slides onto)

CM should teach classes for classified listings. I have posted his add below for reference to the people that need to take notes including me. His adds are well thought out and done with great detail and class. Here is some food for thought: If a person is that thorough in posting an add then I am more confident in buying from them as I feel that the same attention to detail was done on the gun and well taken care of.

If I'm looking for a car or truck to buy and the interior is trashed then more than likely the drivetrain was not taken care of as well and I will move on to the next vehicle on my list.

SOLD......................

Springfield Range officer.

After a budget meeting with Mrs Santa I was informed that my budget for Christmas was And I needed to get off the scrooge thing. I see here point...see avatar..
    With that in mind and looking at a custom ground up 1911 build I am offering up 1 of my 3 RO's

This gun was purchased new on 10/03/13. I have and will show the receipt to verify.
    It has had exactly 30 rds. cycled through it to verify function...thoroughly cleaned and put away.

I picked this one to sell as my other 2 RO's have received some love and are our primary range guns. This one has not been rotated into that duty.
    It was spot on accurate.

Gun is 99.999%

Receipt shows purchase price at $775.00....with tax out the door $829.25

I need to see $700.00 for this piece. That is a smoking deal on a RO this new.

NO TRADES

Speedway area.

Will consider travel depending on the deal made. No farther than an Hour from my house.

Thanks for looking.

-CM-

The spots on the slide are oil. Not marked up or stained.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The only problem I have with the classifieds is that now there seems to be a lot more members joining from the top of the state and it's too far away for is to get together for a face to face :):
    ive seen some sick deals in the north that I've had to miss out on

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The only problem I have with the classifieds is that now there seems to be a lot more members joining from the top of the state and it's too far away for is to get together for a face to face :):
    ive seen some sick deals in the north that I've had to miss out on

I agree with that. I am still rather new here, but enjoy looking at prices for things and found one that I would already own if it was closer to Indy. The drive time & gas spent to meet is not worth the savings in purchase price. IMO

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom