INGO Handgun Classifieds Where are the deals, or at least common sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I agree with the OP!

I started a thread like this and I got dogged.

Id rather just go to gander mtn, after all,
    the managers there carry their entire selection and there great guns.

Jimmy

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Those who predicted this at the beginning of the "panic" have all been proven right.

When you buy high, you have to either take a loss, keep the item, and the lesson learned, or look like an ******* and try to sell it for way more than its worth.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree with the OP!

I started a thread like this and I got dogged.

Id rather just go to gander mtn, after all,
    the managers there carry their entire selection and there great guns.

Jimmy
    LOL! I think your gonna get dogged for admitting you go to gander mountain :):
    i know your not finding any deal on guns there. You might as well roll up your money and smoke it or give it to me :) than give it to that rip off place.
    Seen a used gen 3 glock 26 with standard sights for 599. WHAT A GREAT DEAL! :):

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    LOL! I think your gonna get dogged for admitting you go to gander mountain
    icon_lol.gif

i know your not finding any deal on guns there. You might as well roll up your money and smoke it or give it to me
    smile.png
    than give it to that rip off place.
    Seen a used gen 3 glock 26 with standard sights for 599. WHAT A GREAT DEAL!
    icon_lol.gif

I won't spend a dime in their commie store

Yep I know. Same with voting idiots into office. They line right up.

You need to stop posting under the influence.

Commie store??? LOL

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have gotten some really good deals on guns just cruising along Meridian and Illinois streets and Capitol Avenue north of 30th Street.

You don't even need an appointment
    The transactions are quick as the sellers always seem to be in a hurry
    The sellers really have some dope prices on guns
    They must be anti LEO because they always say "You ain't the police are you"
    They must have a vending business as well because they always ask me if I need any coke. Silly boys I'm a Pepsi guy.

I know what you're thinking "That Gluemanz28 is a smart guy" You can thank me later for the great tip. :cool:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I have gotten some really good deals on guns just cruising along Meridian and Illinois streets and Capitol Avenue north of 30th Street.

You don't even need an appointment
    The transactions are quick as the sellers always seem to be in a hurry
    The sellers really have some dope prices on guns
    They must be anti LEO because they always say "You ain't the police are you"
    They must have a vending business as well because they always ask me if I need any coke. Silly boys I'm a Pepsi guy.

I know what you're thinking "That Gluemanz28 is a smart guy" You can thank me later for the great tip. :cool:

Flip them in Chicago and you can really make some cash. :yesway:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I would like to clarify my original post. I love the classifieds. I have made over 10 tranactions in the last 120 days for a total of close to $5000, buying and selling. Everyone I met has been very nice. There are plenty of good guns at good prices in the forum now, and even some deals that could be flipped for easy cash. My only point was it seems as of late there is more crazy crap then normal. There is always some crazy ads. But lately it seems like there is more. Could be the holidays, or it's been a year or so since the scare. Both of these reason or others could be to blame. Most in this thread seem to agree that as of late it's a little crazier then normal.

I still don't understand sellers who are not noobs trying to sell a $400 gun for close to $1300 because it has mag cut outs and a bunch of other custom work. You are not going to get your money back for that stuff most of the time. Some AR work is the exception, and even there it's not likely. You can't take a basic car like a Honda Civic that you paid $6000 for, and put $20,000 into it and expect to get your money back. It's not a classic, it's a Honda. The same goes for Glocks, and M&P's and many other guns. They are great guns, but they are not classic Colts, your not getting your money back from it. It is tuff as hell to sell a $400 gun for $1300 because of the work you have done to it, when its the Honda Civic of guns. Same thing with all "zombie" custom work guns. Your $600 SIG is not going to fetch you $1500 because you made it a zombie killer. It is not going to happen. But I guess you can't blame a guy for trying.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    indydrew1, I decided to take a few minutes and look at your profile. You joined us 8/29/13 and immediately went to the classifieds. You did most of your transactions in Sept. and Oct. some within days of joining. It seems to me like you must like the classifieds. I did also look at what you sold your Glocks for, I don't think you gave anyone a smoking deal either.
    You did not over price, but you certainly didn't give any away either.
    As far as your opinion on the current state of the classifieds, they have always been about the same. Yes there are some over priced guns in both sections. And most of us on here do our home work on what items are worth, the guy running the 2 HK 91's in the long guns is way out of touch. I had a good friend of mine struggle to get $2000 out of one not too long ago.
    He would be lucky to get $1800 to $2000 out of them. I don't think anyone on here is going to come close to his asking prices or $2700 and $2800.
    But no doubt he will just keep bumping them over and over until he realizes he is way to high on them.
    He may or may not figure it out, but it's not my place or anyone Else's to tell him what to price them at. Anyway, I doubt it will change, people will price their guns, ammo and accessories at what they feel they are worth, the ones priced right usually sell within a few days of being posted.

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Folks can offer a weapon for any price, with or without pics. Others can reply or they can surf on by, whatever they like. Just basic freedom and capitalism at its finest. I can come or go, buy or sell, be drunk or sober—whatever I chose (paraphrasing John Wayne playing Davy Crockett in the original Alamo). No one has any reason to complain. If one does not like what someone else is doing, move on! Just smile, or snicker, but keep your mocking and arrogance to yourself and let other folks do their own thing. It is none of your/our business.

Some folks do not know how to post pics. No problem. They will eventually get a sale or learn their lesson and improve their ad. If I am interested, I may ask for a pic; most likely I will head on to the next ad for the same type of weapon and do business there. Better marketing gets better results. Businesses learn or go out of business. Sellers in the classifieds will have the same experience. Learn or sell elsewhere. It's called capitalism.

In the old pioneer days, there were two types of people: Adventurers and Safers. The Safers played it safe and stayed in the East, prospering or enduring lives of quiet desperation in equal measure with their courage and ability. The Adventurers moved west. Many made their fortunes, bought land and established ranch dynasties still owned and operated by their great-grand children. Some went into business and prospered, leaving a great inheritance to their children and grandchildren. Some just managed to squeeze by, or came up empty in the gold rush, or lost everything on two of a kind to another dude's three aces. Some just lost their hair and left their blood as a legacy in a wide empty land. It's called freedom.

Come or go, buy or sell, whatever you chose. Just give the other guy the same freedom as you demand, and give them the basic respect of not mocking them about it. They just have not learned how to do business yet, how to survive in the real world. The Quick and the Dead by Louis L'Amour presents this basic idea in story form. Eastern guy moves his family west but wants to live without violence. He had enough fighting and killing in the War of Northern Aggression so he just wants to raise his boy, love his wife, and provide for their future by raising horses and cattle. Local bad guys want his goods and his woman. An indian-raised white guy takes a shine to the wife and the boy, and hangs around to see of the man will get tough or die. The husband learns, with a little help from the Indian white guy. BGs get killed, Indian white guy rides off into the sunset and the family lives happily ever after.

I suggest we let nature take its course in the INGO classifieds. Prices will fall when no one buys. Sellers will ad pics when no one buys. It's root hog or die. I call it freedom and capitalism.

:twocents: :ingo: :patriot:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I will agree that some folks don't have any sense: A 5K Honda isn't worth 20K b/c you added a Turbonetics T3 on it. If anything it's now worth LESS than 5K due to wear and tear just added.

Some folks don't understand the concept that firearms are just like cars: You take it off the lot, even if you don't fire it, it's used. Working at a gunshop before, I saw it all the time: Guy buys a gun, takes it home, wife flips out, takes it back into the shop then becomes ravenously angry that I won't give him his money back or if I am willing to give him cash back (despite their tirade that rapidly diminishes my patience), it's FAR less than he paid (about half).

The influx of new shooters, owners and new people to "the gun games" aren't going to know this. There isn't anything in the FAQ on INGO about gun pricing. There are no laws on gun pricing. They don't teach it in core curriculum at school. It's often bereft in bar room palaver. And people have little if any genetic history about a Glock being $400 used rather than $599. If you think any of the above is true, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy...

On the inverse, however, we have an influx of people that aren't willing to listen to things like safety rules, have mental issues, or see it as another "profit route" for them, such as the flippers. The panics bring out the worst and realistically, people new to the game think their gun is worth more b/c they saw what they went for when the panic was full on. They see how Gander Mountain pricing actually still attracts folks (the store is always busy) so they price accordingly. They haven't learned as we have that fire is hot and should have to learn the way we did: They price high, they won't sell.

The other side of the coin has become hard as well: I sell a Glock for $400, I will now have at least two morons per sale that will ask if I will take $250 for it, thinking that horse trading works with all people. Their market experience is based on horse trading, start low and meet inbetween, not understanding that at the price I put the weapon at that I have TONS of PMs on it and will disregard or treat an offer such as their $250 billing with disdain. But the sheer volume of these offers, lowballers as such, is disgusting. Since we have been inundated with "new members" it's become increasingly difficult to sell ANYTHING, people just want to look at pictures of guns and make idiotic offers, not understanding that I am selling a gun to send money to my Mom who is struggling with bills from the .gov shutdown, or needed for a project or that the excitement of the industry has waned for some due to this tsunami of stupid.

You don't have to buy. You don't have a moral obligation to "teach them a lesson" by demeaning them if they don't sell at a price you feel is fair. But don't waste other's time with whining about pricing or wanting pics of a gun that you really don't want to buy, just bored.

Top Bottom