INGO Handgun Classifieds Where are the deals, or at least common sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I tried to reassure him that a white guy from Greenwood was not the type he needed to worry about.

So who do we need to worry about? Do I need to ask for ltch, ethnic background, and demographic area before proceding? Is Greenwood absent of caucasian felons?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    What gets me is when people say

1) "If it doesn't sell I will just keep it" Wow no kidding? I thought if it didn't sale you would be giving it to an INGO member for free like to a real nice guy named Gluemanz28

2) "This is my last bump before it goes on Gunbroker" Do you think that we will pay the ridiculous price to keep it off GB :dunno: and besides that I don't like to be threaten pal :stickpoke:

3) "Selling my pride and joy" equals the seller probably likes it more than I do and his price proves that.

4) "No pictures posted. It's a Glock 19 if you have seen one you have seen them all" I'm not concerned about them all I'm concerned about the one that I am going to go out of my way to meet and purchase from you. My time has value just the same as yours. It the poster can't take the five minutes at most to post a picture of the actual gun then they are not serious enough for my time.

5) I can't meet or I have to back out on the deal due to fact that my wife's prize cat needs braces or the famous my kid is sick

ok I will get off my soapbox now :soapbox:

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythang View Post
    So who do we need to worry about? Do I need to ask for ltch, ethnic background, and demographic area before proceding? Is Greenwood absent of caucasian felons?

I am sure the op meant nothing by the statement and does not need to justify himself by answering my questions. They were not meant to incite an argument. I was not there and don't know the situation.

I have walked away from a deal due to a person saying he was a good guy and stated he was an ex gun dealer when asked to present ID and ltch. His refusal raised red flags and I walked. Being overly cautious when selling a firearms is not always a bad thing. I am sure the op provided little reason to raise red flags and it was just a the inexperience of the seller.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    WOW, thanks I did not know that. Craigslist for a gun would be kind of crazy. Some would not see the difference between INGO and Craigslist, but I see a big difference.

Please, what's the difference between Craigslist and INGO? I'll bet you can't come up with a reasonable difference...

I've seen you post this more than a few times. ArmyMP was banned, so are you saying you have come back with a different user name, but still brag that you are a formerly banned member?

Would you be offended if he said yes? :P Btw, That's a joke, I know the :rulez:

OP, skip over the ad if you're that upset by the price. I've gotten a deal or two from the classifieds. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    yes a agree. alot of times people tent to sell used guns for the same price as new. sometimes even ask more. guns do hold there value though. but i have trouble buying many guns on here. i have found some good deals though.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It was just a small sale last Wednesday during there normal Market Day. About 11 handguns and maybe 8 or 9 long guns. They all sold for crazy numbers, most for new prices. However Christies does have an auction coming up on 1/25 all guns 300+. Earls also has an auction on 1/1 with about 100 guns and other items. Also some mentioned there is a online auction on 1/1 with no buyers fee.

Someone else mentioned that there was Facebook gun sales, in various groups? Anyone know what groups these are, they would have to be local FB groups unless your using an FFL. Id bite if there was fair pricing.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Please, what's the difference between Craigslist and INGO? I'll bet you can't come up with a reasonable difference...

OP, skip over the ad if you're that upset by the price. I've gotten a deal or two from the classifieds. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

I see a very big diffrence between INGO where you have to make 50 posts, its heavily moderated, and its all gun people who mostly know the law. And a completely unmoderated (for the most part) board filled with anybody. I understand it does not take much for someone to lie/fake get to 50 posts on INGO, but it seems far safer to me then Craigslist. It may just be perception.

As for skipping over, I do. And there are plenty of deals and fair prices in the forum. My only point was it seems like lately there is more crazy crap then normal. I wondered if this and to do with the scare and people now trying to dump there guns they overpaid for in time for Christmas cash.

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got some great deals in the classifieds, most recently a LNIB Gen4 Glock 26 for $425. It's just like eBay, Gunbroker, Armslist, etc. Do your homework.
    What ticks me off in the INGO classifieds are the ads with no location, no selling price in WTS ads, and offers to send pics. These seem to be most common among 50 post wonders.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've got some great deals in the classifieds, most recently a LNIB Gen4 Glock 26 for $425. It's just like eBay, Gunbroker, Armslist, etc. Do your homework.
    What ticks me off in the INGO classifieds are the ads with no location, no selling price in WTS ads, and offers to send pics. These seem to be most common among 50 post wonders.
    Just report them. Makes it easy for the Mods to clean them up

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood

GEN 4 Glock 26 for that price is a very good deal. Want to sell it for $460?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Would you be offended if he said yes? :P Btw, That's a joke, I know the :rulez:

No, I wouldn't be offended at all. However, the question was addressed to another member and not you. I'm glad that you know the rules, but I want to be sure others do, as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am sure the op meant nothing by the statement and does not need to justify himself by answering my questions. They were not meant to incite an argument. I was not there and don't know the situation.

I have to respectively disagree with you in regards to the OP's remark about the white guy from Greenwood. It was not necessary in his post especially if we wouldn't understand unless we were there. It also was not necessary to prove that he was a reputable person to deal with. There is always a little truth in every joke. Although the Op was not joking with the potential buyer he still said he was a "Trust worthy white guy from Greenwood"

I believe that the Op's intentions were honorable and not intended to come across as racist but to others it may not seen that way.

My approach is to seek my saviors direction in everything I do. I have a theory called "Swimming up Stream" If a deal starts to go south and requires me to start jumping through hoops or goes past a certain timeframe I back off and let the seller know my interest have ended. "Swimming Upstream means I'm not supposed to have the item for several reasons. One being that a another person besides me is supposed to have it.

If the buyer started getting flakey about trust issues then I would have passed on the deal. No Swimming Upstream.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Not a great deal

How much would one cost new from the LGS? I would assume free would be a "great" deal for someone looking for a Gen 3, but what price would you consider to be a great deal for you, but also fair for the person selling?

Top Bottom