• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm going to work on some specific events, I'll be in touch with anyone who wants to be involved.

Thanks for all the interest! I have some great ideas and I think it will be fun AND productive!

I'll be in class all day, but I plan on working on this over the next few days! I think organization is the KEY. Throwing it together all haphazard COULD do more harm than good, so I want to prepare accordingly.

:) thanks again everyone for your input and support!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm working on updating the list on the first page! Again thanks all for interest! Please don't be discouraged if you don't see your name on first post right away, I'm catching up when I can between classes! ;)

Feel free to keep sharing ideas, I will post some actual events, in the events section, and I'll try to keep everyone informed.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Callout for help! (And this one doesn't require you to do anything other than think)

I think it would be cool if we gave the people involved in this some sort of "team name" (sort of like the Indiana Zombie Response Team, only NOT zombie related)

The name should be catchy and should NOT use "INGO" as it is trademarked. So, I am sitting around after a test trying to think, but I have creative block. Throw out some ideas! Let's see what you come up with.

ANYONE is allowed to offer ideas.

Gun Owners for Better America?
    Indiana's Armed Cleanup Crew?

These are just silly suggestions to get the ball rolling...

I just think that if we have something catchy that people can remember, it would have a more lasting affect.

I'll check back later to see what we have, and I'll inject more ideas if I come up with anything.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Name: Indiana Community Support Group ???

The more members in an area that can work at the same time the better. A location in every major indiana tv market would be good. There is not a shortage of need.

Try to sign up during local news hours. Also, having a t-shirt or sweat shirt/hoody, made up that would identify us. Would also make us more noticeable in the news.

Once we have the number of firm volunteers, we make a press release. Send that to radio, newspaper, and tv stations. The press release should state who we are, what we are doing, when and where we will be.

A FAQ should be drafted, and all volunteers should have a copy, well before the volunteer day. Think talking points when talking to reporters.

and now for something completely different **************************

This is more for a fund raising idea. Wonder what it would take to put on a Indiana Gun Expo? Currently there are 27 advertiser/supporters. We could solicit other manufacturers for door prizes, and such. A raffle could be held for the group, to raise funds for local soup kitchens.

This would be next year, there isn't time to put something like that on. If done in the fall, you could request both toys and canned food, for a discount entry. Everyone under 16 free.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I think a shoot would be a good idea. SHows commonality. Maybe we could work with local ranges, charge a fee to shoot and donate it to a worthy cause.
    Adapting a stretch of highway is a BAD idea. It requires a day a month and you never can get people to show up.
    Heck, I'll shoot anytime.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Well some ideas to consider, is my general philosophy of helping ourselves first.

Perhaps we could find two -6 ranges in the state and organize some days to help them, with projects, or range development, cleanup etc.

plan OC diners in every major city throughout the state.

find a particular store of group interest to have shopping trips at,

Maybe we could find out if the human society, or local no- kill shelters would be up for OC dog walking ( pupies and guns would be a good image)

Maybe throw a police appreciation hog- roast and NFA shoot?

Something though that promotes general community interaction with the general public and many non shooters would also be nice? maybe hold info tables at farmers markets? ( i know a guy who does that in bloomington)

but I still like something in down town indy, that is overall seen a positive, would be great.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My sister is pretty active in the INDY volunteer scene. She runs the Rush Hour Recycling programs around town. The currently use ex-con/parolees from a transition-to-the-workplace agency, but she could talk to the recyclers about using us for an event (without the ex-cons around).

She is also pretty involved with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, which does all kinds of volunteer cleanup, recycling, tree-planting, etc.... They don't have a lot going on until spring, but she can keep us in mind for projects. I think they will have post-Christmas tree, paper, and box recycling events around town this year.

I kinda dig Jeremiah's OC dog walk idea.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Thanks for the posts guys!

I'm going to update the front page list this afternoon!

Eldirector: I would love an email address or some sort of contact info for your sister if you don't mind. I'd be interested to see if we can get involved in some of the spring events!!

Top Bottom