• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I really like the idea of street clean-up crews. It's cheap (a few logo'd vests and a couple cases of trash bags), doesn't require massive coordination, and is the kind of thing nearly nobody could ***** about.

I live on the west side in an area generally considered one of the cleaner parts of the city, and I've seen the same trash along the routes I walk for months if not years. If definitely would jump in on this.

Of course, we could clean up around gun-friendly businesses, first ;)

Last edited:

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Interested, but limited on time from here till the end of the year... schedule something and I will do what I can to attend...

You might consider something "hands-on" where individuals would need to interact with us in order to help dispel any fears or misconceptions/stereotypes that folks may have about those who carry. I'm thinking something like working in a soup kitchen, toys 4 tots, gift wrapping or something of that nature...

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Uhhhh, I can think of a few neighborhoods that need cleaned up! But that may involve a little too much attention to the handguns. :laugh::laugh:

ROFLMAO - you know, I was thinking that last night before I went to bed. Let's see, near east side, near westside......ah, well, hell draw a 2-3 mile circle around downtown. At least we could recycle the brass?

That's kinda the problem with the cleanup idea in my eyes. The worst trash areas are most generally sh*tty areas around town that probably aren't going to be receptive to our message, other than to show us their gats :):

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is beginning to sound a lot like the biker charity events to help show the public they aren't all gangs/thugs. Anyone have any insight on what they do that we might want to learn from?

I once heard Massad Ayoob reference the fact that gays were not successful when they initially were JUST 'in your face ' with a message like 'we're here and we're queer,' DEAL WITH IT.

More people were receptive to them when they took smaller steps and combined it with community activities to show that they weren't necessarily 'bad people,' just different.

Cru, how does it feel to be a 'Community Organizer' :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm going to contact some soup kitchens about helping out during Thanksgiving, I hope to find one that will allow OC during my volunteer time but I have decided to volunteer even if I can't find one.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm going to contact some soup kitchens about helping out during Thanksgiving, I hope to find one that will allow OC during my volunteer time but I have decided to volunteer even if I can't find one.

Let me know what you find. I may or may not be able to attend this, but if it's the day before or day after I might be able to.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I think it's a great idea. Not only for firearm awarness, but the good will as a whole. I would participate or donate time and resources depending on the specific event logistics.

Tag

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I'm interested. My schedule is filling up quickly but I'd try to make so time for this.

There should be 2 or 3 events a year. Whether it's for veterans, soup kitchens or adopt-a-highway. All leading up to your free training/shooting idea.

Toys-4-Tots is cool but what if you could get the Indy 1500 involved in that. A toy for 3, 4 or 5 bucks off a ticket.

Keep us posted.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    What if we stood in the middle of major intersections downtown and washed car windows while people were stopped at the lights?
    We could even have a donation bucket handy in case the nonthreatened, happy to have clean windows folks wanted to donate to our charity? :D

What ever we decide, it needs to be highly visible. I'm in, if it fits my schedule.

Top Bottom