• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm in the southern tip of the state, and we are in a very busy time of the year, for me anyway, I fully support this concept, and would be interested in maybe doing this down here, closer to home. Maybe some of the other southern IN guys would be interested.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    How about "WE THE PEOPLE" as a catchy name?

We could set this up as an orgainization all over the state. do coordinated efforts in major areas.

the name is great btw. perhaps maybe we can tie into OBama's campaign slogas more closley? it would be a fun bit o' confusion for Obama's followers who are anti-gun.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    How about "WE THE PEOPLE" as a catchy name?

Right on. WE THE PEOPLE is awesome. I am down with this idea very much. If its close to me Im there whenever possible. Multiple events and starting a Statewide organization would do tons to spread the message if it can get off the ground. Im down to help with the Wayne County area if you start to organize around here.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I really think the name of the organization should refer to guns, or firearms, in the title to avoid confusion about what it is if the purpose is to enhance firearms awareness and generate publicity about gun rights.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm out to pack and get ready for the shoot tomorrow...

I trust you guys to have a lot of good ideas. I'll see what we come up with tomorrow as well!

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    I'm in.

I'm an "adopt a block" volunteer with KIB (Keep Indianapolis Beautiful). It's more of a "good weather" program but...

My plan this winter is to get a snow blower and help keep the sidewalks clean and help out elderly neighbors by shoveling driveways etc. Of course sometimes I sport OC and firearm enthusiastic gear... This is just my personal way of contributing to my community and "quietly" sharing my enthusiasm for the 2nd amendment. I wonder if we could have something similar to "adopt a block" for this community? That way participation would be unrestricted to a specific location (other than the presence of a neighborhood)

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    "Gun owners for kids"

Colaborate Toys for Tots with the 1500

Everybody that brings a toy gets 1 dollar off, like mentioned above.

The Badlands even does this for off roaders!

Possibly involve a canned food drive also!

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Perhaps we could coordinate one event a month? culminating ina dinner? ( to find restaurants friendly to OC) maybe coordinate these events at 3+ cities throughout the state?

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Count me in, date & time depending.

As far as a name, what about Ambassadors of the Second Amendment?

Now, a few of my thoughts on the subject. Just thoughts, so if they're off base, feel free to say so.

First of all, my opinion is that whatever we come up with ought to center around us, a/k/a responsible, law abiding gun owners, being out in the public eye demonstrating the FACT that guns, and ownership of, are not the root of evil and violence, rather the opposite. A range session could be organized later and attended by anyone who's interest at the OC event is great enough for them to come out for it. In other words, Step One is to get out there and make ourselves seen and heard, Step Two is "hands on" time for anyone from Step One who "sees the light" so to speak, a/k/a "Conversion Time" :D

Second, whatever we come up with most likely would go further towards our goal of spreading the word if we "go it alone", as opposed piggybacking with another entity such as Habitiat or Toys for Tots. Nothing wrong with those groups, that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is if the goal is to get the word out that gun ownership in not evil, then all attendees need to be on board with OUR message. We'll get "watered down" if we're mixed into another agenda/event.

Third, whatever we come up with should if possible be something that will allow us to the opportunity to engage conversation with anyone who has questions about what we're doing and why we're doing it.

Fourth. This will be the unpopular one.

IMHO.... this needs to be limited to A) INGO members in good standing, or B) anyone whom an INGO member in good standing is willing to personally vouch for. I suggest this for security reasons, ONE well placed anti whackjob with even an airsoft gun could very well not only ruin this great idea, but set the public's opinion of gun owners back into the stone age. This could be kept in check pretty easily, with some simple name badges or something that would be kept under wraps (PM only, etc.) until the day of. No name badge = no thanks, don't need your help. If we're doing a particular thing on someone else's property, we could ask that we be the only ones approved for open carry for that day. That probably sounds harsh, and that we're doing the same thing the anti's do to us, but I really like the whole idea and I'd hate to see it sabotaged by anyone.

Just my :twocents:, gimme a minute to get my flame suit on........

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Another thought I meant to put in my previous post but forgot:

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US NEEDS to make sure we understand that ANY attempt by an anti to draw one of us into an argument or even a debate is to be avoided at all costs. Pretend they're INVISIBLE and move on with what we're doing.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    ReSSurrected-
    I understand your concern with antis as we saw plenty of attempted fraud at Tea Party events and they could try similar tactics for our events. However, I think an effective and simple filter is to verify LTCHs. Anyone open carrying should have one anyway and it is highly doubtful that an LTCH-holder is an anti.

Your point about avoiding provocation should be a given, but is worth a reminder.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Which one?

ULootWeShoot.jpg
    I think we just found the name for our "Doing good deeds Group"! :laugh:

Top Bottom