• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thursday: 4 exercises, 30 seconds each, 25 times around (50 minute workout).

1. Heavy bag
    2. Wheel of joy (ab wheel)
    3. Snatch and press (I used 35lbs)
    4. Step up with medicine ball.

I did not have time to stretch. Paying for it today by hobbling around. Will fix myself after work tonight.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I set my PR for deadlift today. Most I had done was 255 twice. Today is did that three times, then 285 once and 300 once. Could have done more but it was time to move on

WhatTheHill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    About four months ago I started making healthier decisions. I stopped soda altogether and made healthier food choices along with eating less. Since then I've lost 30 pounds. I'm still wanting to continue with losing weight but I'm kind of at a stand still. I work full time graveyard so it's tough to get in the gym. The time I spend awake and not at work I spend with my family or my girlfriend.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Three would look pretty cool. I bet I could do it now if I tried since 300 went up well enough. I had both hands facing me instead of one in and one out, I heard a rumor it's easier to lift heavier weights with that other approach so I'll try that next.

Today was an awful squat day. Our gym is doing a month of Olympic lifts and today was snatch and clean. Warmup was a lot of squats and other stuff then the actual workout was 5, 5, 5 back squats, then 2x10 back squats, then an 8-round tabata back squat with 45#.

I did 155# on the back squat 3x5 and 135# on the 2x10. Going to hurt tomorrow

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Three would look pretty cool. I bet I could do it now if I tried since 300 went up well enough. I had both hands facing me instead of one in and one out, I heard a rumor it's easier to lift heavier weights with that other approach so I'll try that next.

Today was an awful squat day. Our gym is doing a month of Olympic lifts and today was snatch and clean. Warmup was a lot of squats and other stuff then the actual workout was 5, 5, 5 back squats, then 2x10 back squats, then an 8-round tabata back squat with 45#.

I would like to find a gym close enough to me to be able and do such things. It seems my best choices are charter fitness and planet fitness without spending big money for a cross fit gym.
    Nicely done Doc. I have not done 300 yet but I did 275 twice on deadlift. My goal this year is to make the 1000lb club. I would also like to keep my cardio up. Looking to hit the gym hard after graduating next month.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've never heard of the 1000lb club. I could probably join the 675 club now :):

All of the crossfit gyms and even the national organization post their workouts online daily. You really don't need a crossfit gym if you can self-motivate and have the stuff available somewhere else

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've never heard of the 1000lb club. I could probably join the 675 club now :):

All of the crossfit gyms and even the national organization post their workouts online daily. You really don't need a crossfit gym if you can self-motivate and have the stuff available somewhere else

675 is a lot better than all of the guys out there not lifting doc! A 300lb dead lift is nice, if start getting your squat up and that dead lift I bet will climb! I am needing to get after my deadlift, I need to strengthen my lower back I think. I am also needing to strengthen my grip a lot. Sadly I'm having to use straps right now because my rows and deads have seemed to rise without the grip.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Nice work on the deadlift Doc! I bet you can do 315# with a mixed grip. That's not a huge jump and the grip will make a big difference, especially if you don't have exceptional grip strength.

Is that deadlift, backsquat, and what else? Shoulder press or bench press?
    I believe it's deadlift, back squat, and bench press. Even with a 355# deadlift, I am depressingly far away from that number.

I'm going to be really glad when the weather gets nicer and our gym's Endurance class starts running again. Getting extremely tired of that dang rower....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nice work on the deadlift Doc! I bet you can do 315# with a mixed grip. That's not a huge jump and the grip will make a big difference, especially if you don't have exceptional grip strength.

I believe it's deadlift, back squat, and bench press. Even with a 355# deadlift, I am depressingly far away from that number.

I'm going to be really glad when the weather gets nicer and our gym's Endurance class starts running again. Getting extremely tired of that dang rower....
    I only deadlift with a mixed grip unless I'm doing clean dead lifts, but it's been awhile since I've done those. You can also mix in some lifts with lifting straps. I guess adding up my 1 rep maxes you described puts me in the 1,370 club ;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm not hulking out like you folks. I'm dropping weight. From 232.0 to 196.6 since the beginning of the year to today. Once the biggest loser is over this Friday I'll probably start working on my muscle gain.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Nice. Pronated grip on deadlifts really help your grip strength. I can't even do over 400 lbs with a pronated grip, but I have baby hands which also makes it worse. You will LOVE the mixed grip. Most will say only use the mixed grip when you have to, but I use it on anything over 2x bodyweight. I don't notice any imbalances.

Denny347 said:
    I guess adding up my 1 rep maxes you described puts me in the 1,370 club ;)

How much do you weigh Denny?

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    To confirm the 1000 lb club I am referencing is back squat, deadlift, and bench press. I am maybe at 725. Bench is only 225 a.t.m. which is basically my body weight. 275 deadlift is all I have done with decent form. 225 squat is the highest I have worked with so far.
    to put in perspective I am roughly 6'2" and around 230 ish lbs.
    Trying to keep my stamina along the way as that always seemed to be my strength. lol in high school repped the 45 lb bar on bench press 151 times. man that is tiring.
    My problem is purchasing the equipment or making my own to use being my limitation. Also looking into a pedal bike.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm not hulking out like you folks. I'm dropping weight. From 232.0 to 196.6 since the beginning of the year to today. Once the biggest loser is over this Friday I'll probably start working on my muscle gain.
    Haha at 5'-7" and 155 lbs, I ain't hulking nothing! Congrats on the weight loss sir!

To confirm the 1000 lb club I am referencing is back squat, deadlift, and bench press. I am maybe at 725. Bench is only 225 a.t.m. which is basically my body weight. 275 deadlift is all I have done with decent form. 225 squat is the highest I have worked with so far.
    to put in perspective I am roughly 6'2" and around 230 ish lbs.
    Trying to keep my stamina along the way as that always seemed to be my strength. lol in high school repped the 45 lb bar on bench press 151 times. man that is tiring.
    My problem is purchasing the equipment or making my own to use being my limitation. Also looking into a pedal bike.
    I haven't benched in forever, but if I had to guess a total I'd be around the 770-780 range. Current deadlift at 355, 265 back squat, so with a bodyweight bench (155) I'd be at 775.

Top Bottom