• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    To confirm the 1000 lb club I am referencing is back squat, deadlift, and bench press. I am maybe at 725. Bench is only 225 a.t.m. which is basically my body weight. 275 deadlift is all I have done with decent form. 225 squat is the highest I have worked with so far.
    to put in perspective I am roughly 6'2" and around 230 ish lbs.
    Trying to keep my stamina along the way as that always seemed to be my strength. lol in high school repped the 45 lb bar on bench press 151 times. man that is tiring.
    My problem is purchasing the equipment or making my own to use being my limitation. Also looking into a pedal bike.

6'3" here and got up to 225 squat then got right quad tendonitis and had to quit. Second time and it takes a long time to heal, about a year for me. Too old and need to stick to lighter weights and more reps.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    6'3" here and got up to 225 squat then got right quad tendonitis and had to quit. Second time and it takes a long time to heal, about a year for me. Too old and need to stick to lighter weights and more reps.
    I feel your pain. This time last year a pull a groin muscle playing indoor soccer. Took me about 9 months until I could do any barbell squats again, and that was with light weight. That was awful.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Kirk how can you do that for 48 minutes? I would be bored, exhausted, etc.

We did a lot of barbell work and then did 3 rounds for a total of 18 minutes of:
    0-1 minute: kettlebell swings
    1-3 minute: pushups
    3-6 minute: kettlebell lungs

My total was 259 reps. Lowest for the gym but I felt good. I did a 35# KB

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today's group workout was a bit different. Teams of three.

One person at each position. One person starts rowing and the B position is 3-rounds Cindy until 3000m completed. When Cindy is done rotate positions until 3000m done. Then person in position A goes to 150 push press, b does 2-rounds Cindy and so on. My wife was my partner along with another guy. Took us 25:40 to do it.

A:
    3000m row
    150 push press (I did a 45# bar)
    90 sit-ups

B:
    3-rounds Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats)
    2-rounds Cindy
    1 round Cindy

C:
    Rest

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Rough chipper workout on Friday, then another with a partner on Saturday. That was a lot of reps... I blew up on the handstand push-ups. :(

Friday:
    60 Wall Ball shots (20lbs to 10' target)
    50 Burpees
    40 Power Snatches (75/55)
    30 Pull-ups
    20 HSPU (handstand push-ups)

Saturday (w/ a partner, split reps however):
    2k row
    100 kettlebell swings
    80 burpee box jumps
    60 pull-ups
    40 push-ups
    20 no-push-up burpees

Endurance workout looks awful tonight: 30 minutes of 1 minute max calories, 1 minute rest.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'd just vomit at home instead of doing it there fishnhunt :):
    Yeah, it's gonna be pretty terrible. That 1 minute row is going to get nasty quick.

I may chicken out and do the normal class tonight, which is not much better lol. 12 minutes of ascending sets of wall balls, with 5 hang power cleans between each set. I hate wall ball shots....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am not flexible enough to do that. Overhead squat kills me because I can't get the weight far enough back to balance. I'm getting better at it, slowly

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Todays gym time, an hour of Snatches, strict presses and push presses followed by front squats 5x65%, 5x 75% and 85% to failure and finished it with 15 minutes of 5 pull ups, 10 lunges and 15 situps as many rounds as possible. ended up with 11 rounds. Back at it tomorrow then rest day on Wednesday

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Todays gym time, an hour of Snatches, strict presses and push presses followed by front squats 5x65%, 5x 75% and 85% to failure and finished it with 15 minutes of 5 pull ups, 10 lunges and 15 situps as many rounds as possible. ended up with 11 rounds. Back at it tomorrow then rest day on Wednesday

Is that self directed or with a trainer? Sounds very crossfittish.

i did a lot of weight today and it hurt my main workout. We did Fran, I used 75# and bands for pull-ups, ended up doing ring rows the last 20 or so

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Do you guys have a protein intake goal? I eat what I eat but have started adding about 45g of protein powder daily. I try to do a pre-workout drink if possible too. Not sure if that actually helps or not.

I want to say 2g/kg is what we were taught for gaining muscle but it's been a long time.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Do you guys have a protein intake goal? I eat what I eat but have started adding about 45g of protein powder daily. I try to do a pre-workout drink if possible too. Not sure if that actually helps or not.

I want to say 2g/kg is what we were taught for gaining muscle but it's been a long time.

I have a protein shake a day. I stopped doing shakes for a year and then recently started up again. I've noticed a big difference and have crushed through my plateaus. I probably only get around 100 grams of protein a day though. I should probably start paying attention to it again

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Is that self directed or with a trainer? Sounds very crossfittish.

i did a lot of weight today and it hurt my main workout. We did Fran, I used 75# and bands for pull-ups, ended up doing ring rows the last 20 or so

The first hour is my programming the second half is a Crossfit class. Ive been doing CF for 4 years or so. I quit for a year and worked only on my Olympic lifting then started back doing the CF class this Jan 01. As of now i am doing two days on 1 off then 3 days on and 2 off...or as close to that as I can get with my schedule.

My quick and dirty numbers
    Front squat 255
    Back Squat 285
    Clean and jerk 231
    Snatch 175
    I aim for 200 grams of protein a day

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I drink a protein/recovery shake after each workout, and sometimes an additional bar depending on how gassed I feel after or if the workout was especially long or rough. I'm sure I should be eating more in general than what I do, but it's a work in progress. My eating habits, even when really poor as they've been lately, don't effect my weight too much but I can feel the difference lately in the gym.

Endurance workout looks awful tonight: 30 minutes of 1 minute max calories, 1 minute rest.
    This was rough. :puke:Felt like I was dying 5 rounds in. High round of 24 calories, low round of 17, for a total of 311 over 15 minutes of work. I'd be happy if I didn't have to look at a rower again for a few weeks....

Top Bottom