• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As well as push-ups, pull-ups, and dips. Any exercise that uses multiple muscle groups.

Those were the basic main groups but pull-ups are also great. Push-ups you can do at home but if you don't have the equipment those major four have to be done at a gym. I have laid off the gym for a bit because of my knee and shoulder. Gettin old. Takes forever to heal.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Also, it is suggested that if you go below around 1500 calories a day that you take at least a multi-vitamin. That is just about the only time I take vitamins. I do take a daily joint care whatever it is just in case it helps.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    8 miles today.
    smileys-cycling-617699.gif

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've hit the Y 2 days in a row. I used to work out 5 days a week, it's my immediate goal to continue to hit the Y on both weekend days, and at least 2 evenings through the week.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've hit the Y 2 days in a row. I used to work out 5 days a week, it's my immediate goal to continue to hit the Y on both weekend days, and at least 2 evenings through the week.

Nice, "hitting the Y" is great exercise if you do it right! I try to hit the Y vigorously for 20-30 minutes at least 5 times per week. :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Nice, "hitting the Y" is great exercise if you do it right! I try to hit the Y vigorously for 20-30 minutes at least 5 times per week. :)

Yeah...I would like to as well. I checked your profile, I have a few years on you, trust me once you hit your mid 40's your just not as interested as you are in your mid 30's.
    But hey, if you have someone that puts up with your hairy sweaty body....rock on.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah...I would like to as well. I checked your profile, I have a few years on you, trust me once you hit your mid 40's your just not as interested as you are in your mid 30's.
    But hey, if you have someone that puts up with your hairy sweaty body....rock on.

Well, I have a few years on you and the interest never goes away but the plumbing doesn't always work like it used to. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You guys are hilarious!

I am going road biking for our student veteran organization next Sunday. We are doing a 20-mile route and we can do it more than once. One guy is planning to do it three times. I am planning on just one for now. Ten miles is as far as I've ever ridden at one time.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You guys are hilarious!

I am going road biking for our student veteran organization next Sunday. We are doing a 20-mile route and we can do it more than once. One guy is planning to do it three times. I am planning on just one for now. Ten miles is as far as I've ever ridden at one time.

20 miles is about the limit of my behind. I have a friend that is a year older than me that does 100 miles at a time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You guys are hilarious!

Can you take breaks or is it 20 miles without any break?
    If you have a nice lunch break in between you can easily do 20 if you are used to 10.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Can you take breaks or is it 20 miles without any break?
    If you have a nice lunch break in between you can easily do 20 if you are used to 10.

We will be able to do whatever we want, but I want to do it with the group. I rode a couple of times with one of the guys and I was able to keep up. We will see how it goes.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    We will be able to do whatever we want, but I want to do it with the group. I rode a couple of times with one of the guys and I was able to keep up. We will see how it goes.

Well tell the entire group to stop with you. :):

Bring bacon sammiches and they will want to stop with you for a lunch break.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well tell the entire group to stop with you. :):

Bring bacon sammiches and they will want to stop with you for a lunch break.

Can't stop! Won't stop! To the end! All the way! :rockwoot:Turkey bacon sandwiches does sound good.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The Wife and I are up to about 5 mile rides, but the pace is rather leisurely and I'm still fairly certain the hills are going to kill me. Already much easier than when we started though!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    ...the pace is rather leisurely...

With a leisurely pace my best is 11 miles and that took a little less then 2 hours.. If I go hard maybe 7 miles is my limit. I think if I did another leisurely ride I could probably go more then 11 miles. The only reason I stopped at 11 miles the last time was because it was 10 PM and I wanted to go home. :)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Back to the gym tomorrow. My work schedule might actually allow me gym time 4 days this week :D I figure that during football season I'll do weight maintenance, then try and lose weight again after

Top Bottom