• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It was hard, but I didn't eat a piece of toast for breakfast this morning. I made an egg omelette out of egg beaters, with fresh spinach, tomatoes, cheese and turkey bacon. Yea yea, I know the Paleo Diet says NO cheese, but screw 'em. One slice of cheese is not going to kill me. And I LIKE my Cobey Jack cheese on my eggs.

In a couple hours, I'll have my protein shake and almonds. Then for lunch, will be tuna with spinach and tomatos.
    Followed by another shake and almonds.

Dunno what supper will be yet.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I most often have bacon and eggs in the morning which I have two or three slices of bacon and two eggs or an omelet with two whole eggs and four egg whites, usually with mushrooms in it and hot salsa on top when I am lifting. A recovery protein drink if I work out and usually just a sandwich for lunch and then something for dinner around 500~700 calories if I can (If I have worked out and can add more calories) and top it off with a later snack of Greek yogurt with honey and almonds which is a replacement for what I used to love at night, ice cream. If I can't add calories I sometimes just have the yogurt for a late dinner. I weigh everything with a kitchen scale, they are cheap.

I am 6'3" and now 235 lbs and my calorie count to lose two lbs a week is 1460 since my job is sedentary. Not much but it is working and at that level, I can over indulge once in awhile like I did this weekend. I went over my calorie count Sat and Sun about 1000 each day but that is my maintenance calorie count so should not put on weight, just lose less that week. Beer and pizza and visited Indy's new distillery, Hotel Tango. Just gotta do it once in awhile.

BTW, if you get the chance you should check out Hotel Tango on Virginia avenue. Great atmosphere and they will at some point in time start distilling for whiskey. Right now they are only distilling small amounts of white liquor. Whiskey takes more time.

Last edited:

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    Starting Monday, I'm going to start the Wendler 5/3/1 workout program hot and heavy. I'm also going to start the Paleo Diet as well. Going to cut out the grain in my diet.

You need serious carbs for that workout and the paleo will leave you without the energy to make gains as well as recover. I am sorry to be a buzz kill but you will most likely feel great for a short period of time followed by always wanting to take a nap. Just my 2 cents but I have seen diet/workout combos like these and they are not the way to go. Do the lifting and carb up. After you do 3 months of putting on muscle then do paleo if you want.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You need serious carbs for that workout and the paleo will leave you without the energy to make gains as well as recover. I am sorry to be a buzz kill but you will most likely feel great for a short period of time followed by always wanting to take a nap. Just my 2 cents but I have seen diet/workout combos like these and they are not the way to go. Do the lifting and carb up. After you do 3 months of putting on muscle then do paleo if you want.

I agree with you. But, I'm using the paleo diet to help cut out grains. I am still getting enough carbs, just from healthier options.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just back from the gym and errands. Legs kept cramping up on the treadmill so I did more weights instead

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I've been counting calories with MyFitnessPal for three weeks now and starting my second week of P90X tonight. Lost 6 lbs so far. Tired of bein chubby. Gotta stick with it!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Chugging plenty of water during exercise and since. I've been peeing like a Russian race horse :D I picked up some bananas at the store too which should help

You need to hydrate before excercise or you will get cramps. Drinking during helps replace fluids but you are probably in a deficit to begin with. I should know, I don't drink enough water during the day before exercise.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been counting calories with MyFitnessPal for three weeks now and starting my second week of P90X tonight. Lost 6 lbs so far. Tired of bein chubby. Gotta stick with it!

I did P90X two years ago during the Winter and it works pretty well. I could see a difference. I built a pullup bar in the garage and bought some bands to help with the pullups. Only problem I have had was with my shoulders afterwards but I am old and more prone to damage. Both flared up then went away but my left shoulder pain came back to stay it appears.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You need to hydrate before excercise or you will get cramps. Drinking during helps replace fluids but you are probably in a deficit to begin with. I should know, I don't drink enough water during the day before exercise.
    My better half is always telling me to drink more, so I have spent the rest of today heeding that advice

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:+1:

I alway drink before, during and after a workout.
    The most important is probably what you drink before though.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Fun fact:

I just had to buy a couple new pair of pants...

2 sizes smaller than my current wardrobe!! :rockwoot:

:yesway:

Just stop wearing pants for a while insteading of keeping buying smaller ones.Buy only new ones once you reached your goal, you will save money that way. :dunno:

Top Bottom