• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have finally progressed to doing bar dips without any assistance. Not super-duper like you guys, but good progress for me. I am even thinking that I could add a little weight next time.

I may give ring dips a try.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you put an edge of band under each Palm and then grip the rings it will help you stay stable. Doesn't make the lift easier other than you use less stabilizers.

Friday is one rep max clean and jerk. Looking forward to that

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Endurance testing last night means 1 mile time trials... my favorite :D 5:51 and 5:45 with 10 minutes rest between. I'll take that after not running for the last 5 months.

The 400m repeats I did the week before, now those splits were not pretty. Dropped 14 seconds from round 1 to round 4. :xmad:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Crap man, nice mile time!

I did a mile before and after workout two days ago. 9:30 and 10:15 I think.

today was a leg and grip killer:
    5 rounds of
    10 jumping lunges
    20 weighted box step up and over 2x35#
    10 box jump overs 20", I jumped up, then hopped down other side

took me 20:12

now I'm trying to get energized to do two miles of intervals, run at 7mph and walk at 3 in eighth mile reps

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ran 5k Tuesday down on the canal since it was dry out for a change. Happy to say it was my fastest 5k to date, 24:45. I could have gone faster but due to the temp and wind, it took me about 3k to get nice and warmed up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did my intervals. 13:50 for first mile, 11:30 for second. Ran at 7mph and walked between. Tomorrow is our timed mile fitness test. Hoping for just over 9. Then continuing this interval thing and shortening walking periods to get my mile time better before murph

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Endurance testing last night means 1 mile time trials... my favorite :D 5:51 and 5:45 with 10 minutes rest between. I'll take that after not running for the last 5 months.

The 400m repeats I did the week before, now those splits were not pretty. Dropped 14 seconds from round 1 to round 4. :xmad:

Those are pretty serious mile times. I doubt I could break 6 minutes at this point. Maybe if I put some real work in....not now though.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Snatching and accessory work tonight, and I need to start some additional gymnastics work. Need to get ring muscle ups and handstand walks figured out....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am starting to get that running bug again. I've never looked at heart rate zones before with running and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't own a fitness tracker or anything that reports heart rate, other than a finger pulse-ox. That actually does a very good job even at a full run. I'd like to see where my zones are and then make an effort to improve based on some standard training techniques, instead of just randomly running. We'll see.

My problem is I get excited about something and then go full bore and hurt myself. Going to limit to four days a week of serious running.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am starting to get that running bug again. I've never looked at heart rate zones before with running and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't own a fitness tracker or anything that reports heart rate, other than a finger pulse-ox. That actually does a very good job even at a full run. I'd like to see where my zones are and then make an effort to improve based on some standard training techniques, instead of just randomly running. We'll see.

My problem is I get excited about something and then go full bore and hurt myself. Going to limit to four days a week of serious running.

Doc, I was really into that. Even spent some time and money at the ball state hpl getting my zones figured out. Vo2 max and all that. It was in my ironman triathlon days. It definitely helped me when it came to endurance and recovery.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ran 5k Tuesday down on the canal since it was dry out for a change. Happy to say it was my fastest 5k to date, 24:45. I could have gone faster but due to the temp and wind, it took me about 3k to get nice and warmed up.

I'm amazed you are able to find kilometers in the US. ;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did 185 clean and jerk today. My max clean is 195 so I felt good about that

then AMRAP 8min
    4 clean and jerk 115
    6 pull ups
    8 lunges

i did 5 rounds exactly

checkled my HR, I got to running 6mph at elevation of 7. I was sucking air and was at 177. Puts the 181 (220-age) probably about right. I could have pushed harder but I have a wal directly behind my treadmill, not a good idea to push much harder

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yesterday's WOD took me 32 mins. Lowest HR I saw was 150, max 181

today was 2 miles of intervals on treadmill. Ran 3/16 at 6-6.2mph at 2 incline to get HR to 170 then walked until HR back to 135 and ran again

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    150 wall balls Friday, half Murph on Saturday, and front squats and squat cleans today. My legs are very unhappy right now....

Starting a 4 week meal plan today, wow that took way more meal prep time than I thought it would. I'm horribly slow at prepping/cooking food.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    150 wall balls Friday, half Murph on Saturday, and front squats and squat cleans today. My legs are very unhappy right now....

Starting a 4 week meal plan today, wow that took way more meal prep time than I thought it would. I'm horribly slow at prepping/cooking food.

I need to get more serious on my diet.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today was a fitness test.

3 rounds - I did in 16:20. 1:08 slower than in November but I did much more effort on the pull ups today. Last year was an elevated jumping pull up. Today was straight elbow jumping pull up.

15 burpees
    400m run
    15 pull ups

then I did 100 squats in a 20lb vest. I did a pull up after each set of 10, and cycled every 40s

Last edited:
    Top Bottom