• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    According to the link Doc provided the accuracy depends a lot on when you use your scale (after a meal, after a workout, if you drank water or not).
    It's just like a regular scale where it will give you a different reading depending on the time of the day.

I always use it first thing in the morning to try and eliminate those variables.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I always use it first thing in the morning to try and eliminate those variables.

and after I eliminate other things :shady:

today was push press. 3 lifts at top of each minute. Every 5 mins add 20 pounds.

i did 95,115,135,155. Got my three of 155 in the 16th round but was afraid I'd drop the bar if I kept going. My weight room has a stone tile floor :nono:

changing my diet this last week has really helped with definition and weight loss.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Getting better each week, can actually do clean & jerks now & front squats, as well as body weight walking lunges. Left elbow is giving me fits with "tennis elbow", working on grip strength & flexibility. Couldn't free hang from pull up bar 4 weeks ago, can for ~7 seconds now. Pants loose & shirts no longer popping at buttons. Long, long way to go, but at least I'm heading there now.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I need to work on my diet. That is what is holding me back from really getting where I want to be at this point. It just doesn't sound like very much fun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I signed up for an eight week Strongman training segment at my CF gym. Last night was first workout. Looks like it's going to be fun and I will get more strength training done.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Getting better each week, can actually do clean & jerks now & front squats, as well as body weight walking lunges. Left elbow is giving me fits with "tennis elbow", working on grip strength & flexibility. Couldn't free hang from pull up bar 4 weeks ago, can for ~7 seconds now. Pants loose & shirts no longer popping at buttons. Long, long way to go, but at least I'm heading there now.
    Awesome, glad to hear you're making progress!
    I need to work on my diet. That is what is holding me back from really getting where I want to be at this point. It just doesn't sound like very much fun.
    Me too. I have a lot of bad habits that need broken when it comes to food.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    and after I eliminate other things :shady:

today was push press. 3 lifts at top of each minute. Every 5 mins add 20 pounds.

i did 95,115,135,155. Got my three of 155 in the 16th round but was afraid I'd drop the bar if I kept going. My weight room has a stone tile floor :nono:

changing my diet this last week has really helped with definition and weight loss.

No chocolate in the hot tub anymore?

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Tonight's workout is work to a heavy 2 power snatch + 2 overhead squat, then...

30 power snatches
    30 overhead squats
    30 thrusters
    (all at 115#)

Should be interesting... :eek:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That sounds awful

ours was:
    3 DL at 80% max
    10 burpees
    3 rounds

6 DL at 70% max
    10 burpees
    3 rounds

9 DL at 60% max
    10 burpees
    3 rounds

i hate burpees. Took me 23:33

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did 5 rounds of Cindy after our WOD today. I am slow. I did the fifth one for time and took 52 seconds but I was gassed. I need to seriously work on my running and start doing squats with the vest. My vest did not come with shoulder pads :(

last year I did one jumping pull up and four ring rows per round. Hoping to do all pull ups this year if my hands survive

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did 5 rounds of Cindy after our WOD today. I am slow. I did the fifth one for time and took 52 seconds but I was gassed. I need to seriously work on my running and start doing squats with the vest. My vest did not come with shoulder pads :(

last year I did one jumping pull up and four ring rows per round. Hoping to do all pull ups this year if my hands survive

What is the scaling, if any for pull-ups? I am still using a band for assistance.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did ring rows last year, but bands would work too. Use a big one since there's 100 of them :(

our coach had someone stretch that band horizontal between j hooks and then just stand on it. Seemed a lot more stable than looping over the bar and trying to stay balanced

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did ring rows last year, but bands would work too. Use a big one since there's 100 of them :(

our coach had someone stretch that band horizontal between j hooks and then just stand on it. Seemed a lot more stable than looping over the bar and trying to stay balanced

Good to know. I'll see what my coach suggests when the day comes. I like the idea of stringing a band horizontally though I have gotten pretty good at jumping in and out of the band hanging down from the bar.:)

I'm down to a red band unless there is a lot of pull-ups. I'll have to see how much I progress in the next 6 weeks. At this point, I'll be thinking blue band.

Top Bottom