• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    FishnHunt, I've got family in "Busco! Thinking about attending a firearms course with my kiddos in Fort Wayne. Maybe, maybe not. Anyways, post noon chow workout comes from Pat McNamara hisself!

Steel silhouette at 20 Yds, 2 boxes 10 yds apart and perpendicular to the target and centered.
    On the buzzer draw and fire from the first box, sprint to box 2, shoot, back and forth until dry.
    For me that's 8 rounds in a 327. Easy day keeping it under 30 seconds with all hits.
    Started missing towards 27 and 25 was embarrassing marksmanship.

Now my heart is pumping and my brain is rocking! Back to studies.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    20 yards to target
    3 stations zig zag back to the 20 yard line
    Sandbag,picnic table, 327 and some good boots
    First round 100 air squats, face away from picnic table and grab bag from ground, twist and place on table, twist other way and grab then place on ground (1/2 Rep) pick bag up, do the deal in reverse (1 complete Rep) for 10 total reps. Face target at 20 yard line, draw and fire two, sprint the zigzag and fire two at each station ending up back at starting point for last pair.

Next round 75 squats, everything else the same, then 50,then 25

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    that seems like a fun workout, and getting used to shooting with your heart rate up

Today we added box muscle ups, basically a muscle up starting from a box. I used the shorter pull up bar and was able to do a few, with a 24" box :)

Five rounds of various stuff with these are one movement. First round I made 1/3, then 2/3, then 3/3, then 4/5, then 6/7 :rockwoot:

Finally figured it out a little

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Nice, doc. Muscle ups are not something I'm particularly good at. I always have to remember how to perform them before a workout.

Today 50 man makers with a sandbag. Then shot dot torture

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I added some plank to my workout today.
    It's been a while since I've done it (because nobody likes the plank) so I couldn't last as long as I used to.
    I did a bit over 4 minutes today (then a short break and 3 more minutes), my last record was over 5 minutes last time I performed it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Today marks my 5th day back at the gym. Still trying to ease my way back and not overdo it. The soreness is real. :n00b:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Going down to my first CrossFit comp of the year in Richmond tomorrow, goal as usual in these is to not get last place. :D Good variety of workouts in this one, so it should be fun.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    3 targets increase in size from 8" square 10 yds from shooter, directly behind that is medium silhouette at 14 yards and directly behind that is a full silhouette at just short of 20 yards.

The idea is to get broke off real quick, then begin looking straight down the targets, shoot the first target (only one clearly visible anyways), strafe to the left, shoot tgt #2, strafe to the right past center and shoot tgt #2, strafe further left and shoot #3, then all the way to the right and hit #3, then left and #2, and right and #2, and back to center and #1 for the last of eight rounds.

Each round begins with an overhead sandbag run down and back totals ~100yds, drop bag and it's about 20 yds to the firing position.

Last round was 65:40 with one miss. Not gonna lie, I was a bit broke off but I had to give you something good or nothing at all. I was beginning to miss as I got tired and my times improved and I lost concentration. My sixth round was supposed to be the last one but I missed 3 times. That's deplorable. Had to do it again.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Spent some time on the rowing machine over the weekend. I am quite happy with the purchase. This will be good cardio I can work into my routine.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I managed to make up a WOD on Saturday that I missed due to travel last week. It was an 8 minute AMRAP. 2 thrusters, 2 burpees over the bar, 4 Thrusters, 4 Burpees over the bar, and so on counting up by two each round.

I made it to 12.

I won't be doing the Open at this point which my gym will be very disappointed in. I have less than 100 WOD's since I started and there are just too many movements I can't perform and even with scaling if you can't even do one, you don't advance through the workout if I understand it correctly.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I signed up for the Open just for fun and motivation. I still have a long way to go before I'm close to where I want to be. We did the Bergeron Beep Test today. First round took 0:58, didn't make time the second round, and ended up doing 4 rounds plus 5 thrusters in 7 minutes. Oh well, I'll try it again down the road and see if I improve. To be fair, today we did it after a 12 min. E(2)MOM of back squats and pistols, so legs were already feeling the burn.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I managed to make up a WOD on Saturday that I missed due to travel last week. It was an 8 minute AMRAP. 2 thrusters, 2 burpees over the bar, 4 Thrusters, 4 Burpees over the bar, and so on counting up by two each round.

I made it to 12.

I won't be doing the Open at this point which my gym will be very disappointed in. I have less than 100 WOD's since I started and there are just too many movements I can't perform and even with scaling if you can't even do one, you don't advance through the workout if I understand it correctly.
    Did you look back at the scaled workouts from the last two years? I would say with 100 workouts down, you'll have more than enough experience to get through the Open. That's pretty close to where I was when I did my first Open in 2015. Just my two cents.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Did you look back at the scaled workouts from the last two years? I would say with 100 workouts down, you'll have more than enough experience to get through the Open. That's pretty close to where I was when I did my first Open in 2015. Just my two cents.

I have. So, for example right now I am unable to jump rope. Both from a technical ability and even if I could string more than 5-6 together, after about 20, my Achilles would be toast. And I'd bet a nice pistol that jump rope will be in at least one of the workouts.

Plus, I am on the ragged edge of staying uninjured right now. In the atmosphere of a competition I'm pretty sure I'll push too hard and end up injured and out for a long time recovering.

I know, excuses. But it is reality for me.:)

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I have. So, for example right now I am unable to jump rope. Both from a technical ability and even if I could string more than 5-6 together, after about 20, my Achilles would be toast. And I'd bet a nice pistol that jump rope will be in at least one of the workouts.

Plus, I am on the ragged edge of staying uninjured right now. In the atmosphere of a competition I'm pretty sure I'll push too hard and end up injured and out for a long time recovering.

I know, excuses. But it is reality for me.:)
    Fair enough sir, I get the reasons. Better to know your limitations than break yourself. At least you're in the gym and working. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom