• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We just started meal prepping. It has helped me to have a predetermined portion and something to heat up quickly.

Do you have a treadmill? Walking for thirty minutes during a TV show is a good way to sneak in some cardio

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just finished my 7th crossfit workout, really liking it so far! Lots of scaling, but covered in sweat & sore every day. Diet is much cleaner, still needs work, but much better. Tough getting shown up by girls, but keep telling myself "Think about 6 months or a year from now", I'll be a sexy beast! J/K on sexy beast part, just want to be healthy & not a lard butt.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just finished my 7th crossfit workout, really liking it so far! Lots of scaling, but covered in sweat & sore every day. Diet is much cleaner, still needs work, but much better. Tough getting shown up by girls, but keep telling myself "Think about 6 months or a year from now", I'll be a sexy beast! J/K on sexy beast part, just want to be healthy & not a lard butt.

Yeah, they really mean you have to check your ego at the door! I just hit my 100th workout and I can hang with some of the girls and beat a couple occasionally but that's about it.

I remind myself that;
    A. I compete with myself.
    B. Most of those "girls" are younger than my kids. and C. I'll get stronger.

I have not "drunk the Kool-aid" at this point as I still have some issues with the sheer volume of some of the workouts but I'm seeing improvement in my fitness. I tend to be the kind of person that doesn't "drink Kool-aid" anyway. I think people should do what they want. Just because I do something, doesn't mean I'm going to run around telling everyone else they should be doing it to.

And that goes for material possessions too. Car brand, gun choice, etc. Most of it is good. The decisions are subjective most of the time.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    We just started meal prepping. It has helped me to have a predetermined portion and something to heat up quickly.

Do you have a treadmill? Walking for thirty minutes during a TV show is a good way to sneak in some cardio

No treadmill at home, but my workplace has a nice gym with just about any piece of equipment you can think of. How do you meal prep, just do a week at a time and freeze it?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Meal prep was a big deal for me. Having healthy food I can throw in a lunch box on the way out the door made not eating at restaurants much easier.

Just did 17.1 RX, but just missed time cap. I'm not terribly disappointed since I'm a rookie at this.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No treadmill at home, but my workplace has a nice gym with just about any piece of equipment you can think of. How do you meal prep, just do a week at a time and freeze it?

Honestly this is week one for meal prep stuff. My wife and I each found a few recipes and we're trying them out. What we like we'll keep for the rotation and throw out the recipes we didn't like.

I did breakfast:
    Zucchini/banana oatmeal muffins. They are a bit bland but heated up with some strawberry jelly they are worth eating
    Omelete wraps: friend an egg thinly in canola oil, then added some cheese. Then added some guacamole and ham and wrapped it all up. Wrapped in saran wrap and tossed those in the freezer. Defrost 45s then high for one minute is working well.

I eat one of each for breakfast and I'm usually not hungry until about 1p, but I drink a protein shake after working out too.

lunch/Dinner was two different kinds of chicken/veggies/rice. Those we put in containers and just microwave when time to eat. Costco has some containers that are decent, made in Canada. A lot of the Amazon ones break and fall apart from the reviews I've seen. May be worth going glass in the long run but we'll see what happens.

Meal prep was a big deal for me. Having healthy food I can throw in a lunch box on the way out the door made not eating at restaurants much easier.

Just did 17.1 RX, but just missed time cap. I'm not terribly disappointed since I'm a rookie at this.

Good job! I did it scaled with 35# DB snatches and 20" box step overs. I changed hands on the way down which worked well for me. But I hate burpees. A lot. I paused after number six in the first set :D
    I completed 182 reps in 20 minutes.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Anyone in the avon area? This time of year is tough to stay motivated, esp when I cannot ride(work/other necessary workouts) in this amazing weather. Wondering if anyone wants a running swimming or lifting partner.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Congrats to everyone who tried something outside of their comfort zone in an effort to live healthier. In July I was at my heaviest weight at 255lbs. By October I was down to 230lbs. Mostly just taking sugar out of my diet and reigning in my carbs. Now I'm at 229ish and I'm competing in the International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Spring Open In Chicago April 1st and need to be about 219lbs and will put me pretty close to single digit body fat so I'm pushing it. I'm going back to intermittent fasting to help shed the extra lbs. I really like doing this and I find it pretty easy. You might give it a try.

What Makes You Happy - Health Coaching by Rita Avellar

The Beginner's Guide to Intermittent Fasting

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    That workout was no joke. Made it through the first 4 rounds and then finished 17 of the dumbbell snatches in the last round before I hit the 20 minute time limit. Probably could have finished if I had another 5 minutes. I might have been able to finish in the 20 minutes if I had tried the scaled version instead of RX.

I am pretty happy with my 2017 thus far. I have done 38,000 push-ups (plus whatever was in my workouts for the day) and have worked out 53/55 days.

My goal is to cut another 6% points off my body fat.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If this chest congestion gets better by tomorrow am I may go to the gym and do the workout. I'm not in the Open, but I'll see what I can do.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That workout was no joke. Made it through the first 4 rounds and then finished 17 of the dumbbell snatches in the last round before I hit the 20 minute time limit. Probably could have finished if I had another 5 minutes. I might have been able to finish in the 20 minutes if I had tried the scaled version instead of RX.

I am pretty happy with my 2017 thus far. I have done 38,000 push-ups (plus whatever was in my workouts for the day) and have worked out 53/55 days.

My goal is to cut another 6% points off my body fat.

How do you know exactly your body fat percentage?

I've just seen pictures to estimate your percentage based on what you look like.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have one of the scales that does the electrical current thing to measure the percentage.

it was like $40 on Amazon. Probably not the most accurate thing in the world but should be good enough for what I need it to do.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was wondering too. Some gyms have a pod you can get in. Also some scales use an electrical current to estimate it. I'm curious.

I have seen it done with calipers and charts.
    You pinch the skin in a few different places and do some math.

468476_orig.jpg

You can compare with pictures to have a rough estimate.

fats.jpg

Also I'm not sure it's really needed to know your exact body fat percentage unless you're some kind of professional athlete.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think I'm somewhere between 3-32% body fat then

my wife made a bunch of taco bowls with turkey tonight for meal prep. They look awesome...

I decided if I feel good enough I'll try 17.1 again this evening

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Did 17.1 on Saturday, that was a one-and-done workout for sure for me. Had 15+ people in our gym doing it Saturday morning, pretty cool atmosphere to be in. I completed the RX'd version in 17:28, and my back and shoulders have been feeling it ever since. Took a nice little tumble off the box on my 3rd-to-last rep on the burpee box jumps, so my shin has an extra souvenir too. :n00b:

I need to get my meal prep more consistent. It makes a huge difference in how I feel during the week. Dinner is usually my weakest meal, I'm not home till 7-8 most nights and I'm terrible about taking the time to eat well if I don't have something pre-made. I do pretty good for breakfast and lunch most of the time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom