• ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    how did it go? Our gym IndySouth was represented there
    It went well, I was very happy with how my team did! I did see your team down there, they did pretty good too if I remember correctly. We had 3 teams down there, placed 10 (my team :D), 11, & 12 out of 14. Our gym is not really very competitive, but we had fun and I think we all handled it better than expected. Overall, it was a fun day and a well-run competition. The top three teams were beasts! Gonna take a few years to catch up to those fools :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It went well, I was very happy with how my team did! I did see your team down there, they did pretty good too if I remember correctly. We had 3 teams down there, placed 10 (my team :D), 11, & 12 out of 14. Our gym is not really very competitive, but we had fun and I think we all handled it better than expected. Overall, it was a fun day and a well-run competition. The top three teams were beasts! Gonna take a few years to catch up to those fools :):

Good work! IMO if you go and compete, you are in a league all of your own. I helped judge at our Rookie Rumble last year and found out how crazy competitions are in CF!:)

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    As proof of my previous statement, a buddy and I did this fun little piece on Saturday. Our rest periods were definitely on the long side of 5 minutes, and those front rack lunges got nasty. Took about 45 min total. :faint:

21-15-9 reps of:
    Back Squat @ 60% 1RM
    GHD sit-ups
    5 minutes rest
    12-9-6-3 reps of:
    Unbroken touch-and-go power snatch @ 75#
    Reverse lunge w/ front-rack 35# kettlebells
    5 minutes rest
    27-21-15 reps of:
    Row calories
    Burpees

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As proof of my previous statement, a buddy and I did this fun little piece on Saturday. Our rest periods were definitely on the long side of 5 minutes, and those front rack lunges got nasty. Took about 45 min total. :faint:

21-15-9 reps of:
    Back Squat @ 60% 1RM
    GHD sit-ups
    5 minutes rest
    12-9-6-3 reps of:
    Unbroken touch-and-go power snatch @ 75#
    Reverse lunge w/ front-rack 35# kettlebells
    5 minutes rest
    27-21-15 reps of:
    Row calories
    Burpees

Good job! GHD sit-ups kill me!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    A well needed maintenance massage yesterday has left me pretty sore on this recovery/hydration day. Getting back into the swing of things after 10 months off...rough. Hopefully, in two months time, I'll be back to regular shape.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm not looking forward to 17.1 tomorrow morning. So many burpee box jump overs...

no kidding, we watched it at the gym for a pitch in. I was fine with the DB snatches

what burns me is they did it on a 20" box, Castro demonstrated on a 20" box, and we have to use a 24"

i don't get down and up as well as some people. I blame my 6'2" frame and my obesity :):

just saw my scale is a bit easier. 35# DB and step ups OK to a 20" box

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So my eyes weren't deceiving me that it was only a 20" box? It certainly looked like the short side of that box to me. I'm going for RX but I imagine I'll get the time cap before I complete it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Record the time you finish each set of burpees. That is the tie break and gonna be a LOT of ties I bet.

if you scale one workout you're immediately lumped in with anyone who has scaled a workout. Since I can't do muscle ups, chest to bar, OHS, or string double unders I'm just going to scale everything

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I had a few more skills under my belt, I would have done it. But even at the scaling option for a 55+ year old, I still fall a little short.

I imagine my gym is not happy with me for not signing up. Hopefully they will get over it.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Yea, I need this. My problem is with my diet and having the willpower to say 'no' to all the delicious things on a daily basis. I've been going to the gym the last 2 weeks and doing a full-body strength workout 3 times a week. I feel like I could squeeze in some cardio or something else on the days in between. Thoughts?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom