• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    My dad picked up a like new Howa 1500 .223 bolt action with rubber coated stock and a Bushnell Mil-Dot Varm scope for 369.00.

I found a Sog Seal pup elite black Tini coated knife for 60.00. I wanted a RAT RC-4 but only saw one and she wanted 110.00

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Is there anyone there this time with 10/22 aftermarket goodies? I'm just starting a build and I have a list...

Yes. There are a few barrels and stocks around, but there is one dedicated vendor (sorry, don't remember their name) located roughly in the center of the main hall. They carry all kinds of barrels, stocks, volquartsen internals, etc. I didn't get anything there this round, but have dealt with them before. Good husband/wife team to deal with. :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Which is against Visa and Mastercard's merchant agreement. Amex "discourages" the practice.

and you know what they'll say if you tell them that? go somewhere else.

I worked for a Credit Card processor. If the vendor gets enough complaints they will be fined by Mastercard and/or Visa. A convenience store in Michigan was charging $2 per transaction for bills under $10. They got hit with a $1000 fine PER complaint. They couldnt pay, and lost their contract, and therefore, could not accept CCs any more. NOT a good situation.

/Threadjack

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Bought a Glock 26

It was great. There was a lot of guns there. More rifles than some small countries own. Lots of WW II era ones and lots of AK-47 types and lots of AR-15 rifles, parts, and pieces. Most I would say seemed impractical. I saw an Uzi and a compact Uzi (?). There was not nearly the camouflage outfits as I figured there would be. I went looking to buy a new Glock 26. The first table I stopped at had Glocks galore. I found a G26 for $539, but didn’t want to buy the first thing I saw. I looked all over and looked at a lot of guns. I saw another G26 with a new label on it for $500. I examined it with the slide back. Under the barrel was some wear. It was obvious a number of shots had been fired through it. When he saw me noticing the wear, he said, “That’s probably from the two shots that were fired at the factory.” I could smell the BS. I asked where his business was located, he answered, “Southern Indiana.” I asked if he had a business card, and he said no. He only had 3 Glocks (26, 27, and a 22). I just handed it back and walked on. What a punk, trying to sell a used gun for new. I saw some guy selling reload hollow point ammo, and was trying to tell a customer that it was ok to use reload ammo for defense. Maybe it is, but I am not going to trust my life to a reload. After checking out 80% of the booths, I ended up back at the first table I went to when I started, and bought the first Glock 26 I had seen. I then went to a different booth and bought the magazine extension for the pinky (not the +2 mag extension, just the finger hold). The guy I bought them from has a business selling Glock accessories, called “The Glock Doctor”. He put them on for me. I would go back to the Indy 1500. My wife had a good time. She even held a pistol every now and again. She said she was glad I got what I wanted….me too. Now I have to get that Crossbreed Super Tuck holster and I will be set.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I worked for a Credit Card processor. If the vendor gets enough complaints they will be fined by Mastercard and/or Visa. A convenience store in Michigan was charging $2 per transaction for bills under $10. They got hit with a $1000 fine PER complaint. They couldnt pay, and lost their contract, and therefore, could not accept CCs any more. NOT a good situation.

/Threadjack
    Don't some shops set their prices to include the 3%, and consider cash sales discounted to avoid this problem?

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    It was great. There was a lot of guns there. More rifles than some small countries own. Lots of WW II era ones and lots of AK-47 types and lots of AR-15 rifles, parts, and pieces. Most I would say seemed impractical. I saw an Uzi and a compact Uzi (?). There was not nearly the camouflage outfits as I figured there would be. I went looking to buy a new Glock 26. The first table I stopped at had Glocks galore. I found a G26 for $539, but didn’t want to buy the first thing I saw. I looked all over and looked at a lot of guns. I saw another G26 with a new label on it for $500. I examined it with the slide back. Under the barrel was some wear. It was obvious a number of shots had been fired through it. When he saw me noticing the wear, he said, “That’s probably from the two shots that were fired at the factory.” I could smell the BS. I asked where his business was located, he answered, “Southern Indiana.” I asked if he had a business card, and he said no. He only had 3 Glocks (26, 27, and a 22). I just handed it back and walked on. What a punk, trying to sell a used gun for new. I saw some guy selling reload hollow point ammo, and was trying to tell a customer that it was ok to use reload ammo for defense. Maybe it is, but I am not going to trust my life to a reload. After checking out 80% of the booths, I ended up back at the first table I went to when I started, and bought the first Glock 26 I had seen. I then went to a different booth and bought the magazine extension for the pinky (not the +2 mag extension, just the finger hold). The guy I bought them from has a business selling Glock accessories, called “The Glock Doctor”. He put them on for me. I would go back to the Indy 1500. My wife had a good time. She even held a pistol every now and again. She said she was glad I got what I wanted….me too. Now I have to get that Crossbreed Super Tuck holster and I will be set.

21st century firearms in the main hall had them new for 499

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up an SA stamped Finn Mosin for $159. Other than that, it was mostly supplies like 9mm fmj bullets, 45 acp 50 rd ammo boxes, pocket knives for my boys and such. Not a bad show. I got a 3 day pass, so will make another trip or two over the weekend to see what else is there.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    yea you have to unload your gun before you go in and when you go in you hadn the unloaded fire arm with slide/bolt locked back and they inspect it and run a zip tie threw the barrel or action in some way to prevent the firearm from being re-loaded whilst at the show

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Maybe I don't mean table, then? I saw someone mention zip-ties or something and unloading in another thread?

You have to unload any firearms before you walk in the doors. There is a specific spot right next to the door if you need it. When you go in, they will ask to see your gun and will put a zip tie through it so that you can't use the gun while you are there. You can cut it off when you leave.

Top Bottom