• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Dillsboro
    Is there anyone there this time with 10/22 aftermarket goodies? I'm just starting a build and I have a list... I don't have money to cover the the list, but I have a list nonetheless!:rockwoot:

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    Did anyone else see the 50+ year old guy cross dressed in a purple miniskirt??? Saw a few gang bangers and smelled a couple of non bathers. Unfortunately, the one older guy with the white haired flattop didn't have his hot models out today.

One vendor all the way on the south wall of the far south building had lots of Winchester large pistol primers for $38.95/1000, no discount for a sleeve.

Stopped and saw the guys at ACME from Seymour. Always nice to chat with them.

Also saw Lt. Jeff Duhamel, dept spokesman from IMPD, shopping in uniform.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am going tomorrow to look for a first AR, wish me luck
    You might try Midwest in the main back right. They usually have a stockpile of Rock Rivers Entry Tacticals for around $950-1000. Just sayin'.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went there looking for 9mm defense and plinker rounds. First time I've had to buy 9mm in awhile. Seeing the prices these gents were charging was almost a slap in the face. The same goes for 45acp ammo. While I was just nosing around at 45acp ammo I thought it was entirely too high of a price.

I ended up finally finding the gents selling Precision cartridge rounds for 11+ tax. I liked the price and they had a great attitude towards me so I picked up a few boxes from 'em. I really appreciated the effort from these guys as most of the vendors tended to be indifferent to outright ignoring me.

After that I found some hogues for my smith 5946 and another spare magazine for it.

All in all, I'm thinking I'll continue getting plinking rounds from the local shops around me and the 50 count defense round boxes online.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    The parking attendants are still trying to park gun show patrons as far from the building as possible. Both the west and east side attendants told me there was no parking and directed me to the far northwest corner. After walking aways, I saw spots were open. So I moved. Do not trust these people. They have to have been told to save parking for other events.
    The gun show needs to be moved somewhere other than the fairgrounds
    I act like i only speak French and go where i want. The look on there face is priceless.

Last edited:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Did anyone else see the 50+ year old guy cross dressed in a purple miniskirt??? Saw a few gang bangers and smelled a couple of non bathers. Unfortunately, the one older guy with the white haired flattop didn't have his hot models out today.
    Yes saw the "person" in the purple mini......interesting....and not in a good way.....:rolleyes:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i went looking for a Glock 29....found the only one i could find and left with it....met VUPDBlue and Shooter521 nice guys.....passed alot of dirty butt smelling people....id have to say for my first 1500 it was fun

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Most of the larger vendors accept CC. However, most places charge 3%-4% premium to do so. Cash gets tagged price. CC gets add-on price.

Which is against Visa and Mastercard's merchant agreement. Amex "discourages" the practice.

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    Quote from GSquared Did anyone else see the 50+ year old guy cross dressed in a purple miniskirt???

yeah! wasn't he she carrying a wooden stock w/o an action in it?? guess she he didn't have any action LOL

I found a K31 that went home for a GOOD price...pristine metal but interestingly painted and the paint job looked "official" anyone know anything about K31 Swiss painted stocks??

got it home and it also ended up having the troop tag in it too so that'll be fun to research

got some 7.5x55 ammo and reloading dies
    tom

Last edited:

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I got caught up in that long line at 2:15pm. It took a full half-hour to get into the show.

I found high prices and fair prices, but no screaming hot deals. Every dealer moved on price when I asked. In the end I didn't buy any firearms this time around.

I got to meet VUPDblue and curraheeguns and several other members whose handles I forget. Sadly, INGO swag wasn’t available today (something about Mike have a day job), so no INGO hat for me. It will all be available tomorrow.

I really have to consider getting into the whole 'evil black rifle' assault weapon movement, because they took up a large portion of the show.

I saw at least seven different women shopping hard for handguns, which I thought was great. From what I overheard, most of them were asking very serious questions. (apparently one of them may have been a cross dresser)

One note of interest is that I found my 'Eleanor'. When I first started hunting for deer, I used to borrow a Remington 600 in .308 from my father-in-law. The Model Seven is very close to it, and it was also brought back a few years back as the 673. He offered to trade me the .308 if I could get a hold of a 600 in .350 Remington Magnum. I started my search, and while I didn’t get nuts about it, I have always kept my eye out for one. Well, it’s been almost 30 years, but I finally happened upon one today. (Yes, I did give him a call, and no, he’s not interested in trading any more)

There were a lot of folks buying guns, so I must not have been motivated today. I did enjoy the show, and I’ll probably go a couple more times this year.

Have fun!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I ended up finally finding the gents selling Precision cartridge rounds for 11+ tax. I liked the price and they had a great attitude towards me so I picked up a few boxes from 'em. I really appreciated the effort from these guys as most of the vendors tended to be indifferent to outright ignoring me.

i bought some of that too. hell of a price (for today's scene), can't wait to give it a bang. met vupdblue in the process. he couldn't have been a more personable character.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm back home and I'm tired.

I spent most of the day with lovemywoods and Kr_Treefrog2, walking the halls and saying hi to lots and lots of fellow INGOers and Advertising Supporters.

It was a good show for me personally. I picked up several items that I've been shopping for. I *almost* dropped some money on a knife that I wanted, but didn't.

lovemywoods took lots of pictures and will post a full report soon. (yes, he was told several times by passersby that cameras weren't allowed, but he was taking pics of INGO Advertisers after he asked their permission :p)

I came home with my first Raven holster, a sling from Urban ERT, a laser engraved AR dustcover, a Magpul AFG, and some roasted almonds. :yesway:

d8pk4.jpg

2ps0izt.jpg

24giwi8.jpg

29d70q8.jpg

Also, just so we're clear, I am now a professional model. Please PM me for bookings. ;)

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I got a holster and a magazine I wanted. It was nice to get to handle a lot of guns. I might go back again Saturday and hopefully I'll find the INGO stuff.

Where are they setting up again???

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where are they setting up again???

In the same booth as Indiana Supply Depot, right next to Raven, just down from Tactical Shotgunner. They're all in the main building, in the back, on the left (if you're standing at the entrance).

Here:
    2lt3iwg.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom