Indiana Cuisine: Cultural Wasteland or Hidden Gem?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Real Chicago-style pizza:
    2s7xw8o.jpg

Not a Chicago-style pizza. This is what they all claim is Chicago-style, but they're wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

Uno or Union Jack both serve real Chicago style 'za ...

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Where can I find real New York style pizza on the southside? Don't get me wrong, I like Chicago as well but I've loved New York style since I was eighteen when I went to Times Square for the big ball drop. I go back at least once a year for some sightseeing and a slice.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Hmmm... that pizza from Nancy's gives me an idea. My church small group is starting our own "Biggest Loser" tomorrow night with the first weigh in. Maybe I'll skip the meeting, but order them one of those pizzas for delivery.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Where can I find real New York style pizza on the southside? Don't get me wrong, I like Chicago as well but I've loved New York style since I was eighteen when I went to Times Square for the big ball drop. I go back at least once a year for some sightseeing and a slice.

Bronzinis on Emerson...apparently the owner is from Brooklyn...

Brozinni Home

Coupons here:

Welcome to Coupons4Indy.com

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You will enjoy it I'm sure. They become habit forming. I'm thinking of forming a support group for the addicted to Nancy's folks. They are easy to spot. Grease stain on their shirt, a little sauce in the corner of their mouth, huge friggin smile on their face.......

One thing to note is that Nancy's dumped their liquor license, (told me it was too much $$) so no beer or wine. :n00b: I get it for take out now. How do you eat pizza without beer?!

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Indianapolis has some awesome Indian food choices. A restaurant we frequented when we lived in Cincinnati opened up one in the Broad Ripple area. I can't think of the name of the restaurant. We moved (back) to Columbus (Indiana) and a group of people opened up an Indian restaurant there... then expanded to Fishers. The one in Columbus is great.. Customer service is a bit lacking but they are the only game in town and for probably 30 miles in each direction.

Do you like curry take away, Kirk? If so, where do you frequent in your part of Indy?

We have an Indian Restaurant? What the f............ Where is it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just BBQ? A thread is started about "no good deals at gun shows" er, um, I mean "no restaurants that I drive by" and all I get are questions about BBQ? Really?

No one wants anything else other than Southern Pig over flame? No best sushi? Best Middle Eastern? Best Korean? Best place to take a girl for a date? Best lunch? Nothing at all?

All we get is kvetching about chains and yet no one asks for anything in particular? Maybe this is why the chains are downtown because people sat there and shrugged their shoulders instead of patronizing independents?

What is this NUVO? NUVO whines about all the chain restaurants downtown but does not even bother to look around to see what is available.

Anywho enough of my kvetching about the kvetching.:D

If you want the latest restaurant news get Indianapolis Monthly (sponsored by the CoC). It always has the new joints.

Indianapolis Monthly Magazine - Indianapolis Restaurants, Shopping, Concerts, Events and more.

I know, I know, you may have to actually go shopping for the magazine and that can be a bother. Look at it this way--you now have something else to kvetch about!:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just BBQ? A thread is started about "no good deals at gun shows" er, um, I mean "no restaurants that I drive by" and all I get are questions about BBQ? Really?

I neither live nor work downtown and so I rarely eat there. I make a habit of trying to find one new non-chain restaurant per week to try. I'm sorry if my thread has offended you and I will do my best to avoid it in the future.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some chains are really good. Some are awesome. Some are really successful because they provide a really good, really consistent product. Some chains suck

Here are some non-chain places I like. Snobs and people who demand something "ethnic" may be disappointed, so don't go if that's you.

Crawfordsville: the Forum (it's good again); Creekside Lodge
    Greencastle: the Monon; the Double Decker (aka Jackson Family Restaurant)
    Thorntown: Stookey's
    Brookston: Top Notch Bar
    Lafayette: Lafayette Brewing Company (BISON BURGERS!)
    Covington: the Beef House (AWESOME ROLLS!); Maple Corner
    Eugene: Covered Bridge Restaurant
    Sellersburg: Fireside Lodge (Diefenbach's is gone, I think)
    Speedway: Union Jack (yeah, I think there's another somewhere, but that's not a "chain")

The LA Cafe in Whitestown used to be awesome, but it's my understanding that they moved the business to somewhere in Hamilton Co. They had the best lasagna I've ever had. If an LA Cafe is still in Whitestown, I don't know if it's still good or not.

There's a place in Brownsburg north of I-74 that was good, but I can't remember the name.

Top Bottom