Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The description of the first shooter is a black guy in a white shirt.... now watch the earlier video and see if you can "where's waldo" that. If you can find the one black guy in the white shirt, then we have our shooter and IMPD will thank you immensely

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    The description of the first shooter is a black guy in a white shirt.... now watch the earlier video and see if you can "where's waldo" that. If you can find the one black guy in the white shirt, then we have our shooter and IMPD will thank you immensely

See if you can spot him in this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvFDjDLxwGg]YouTube - Dem Franchize Boys - In my white tee[/ame]

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It was a bit difficult, considering it was a Friday night, with the INDYGOV offices closed.

Though, the stated argument was based upon rational correlation of event attendance, and not upon an irrational view that the Black Expo consumed more governmental resources due to crime.

This is true if you ignore one aspect of it all:

For how many Fever or Indians games is the Mobile Command Center set up, DPW fencing off all the sidewalks, and every available LEO from central Indiana is walking the sidewalks (including park rangers)? How many Pacers games have Homeland Security and National Guard presence?

If each event required LEO and public service presence that was directly proportional to the number of attendees, and no other consideration, then your point would be valid. I doubt that you can show that a Colts game (60,000 attendees) requires 20% of the public safety budget that the entire BE (300,000 attendees) requires. I also doubt that any Colts games results in 20% of the deaths of a BE.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Nobody on INGO has anything to say of the "bad" police now?

It appears that some hate the IBE more than they hate LE.

i dont hate "the Police". Only ones who wish to stomp on constitutional rights. the ones who dont, i fully support.

I do very much dislike black expo, because its segregative in its motives. plus it attracts all of the scum from miles around to our city center. theres expenssive things down there and a lot of the people walking on the streets for IBE have no consideration for other peoples property or life, laws, etc. basicly it reminds me of the salmon runs in rivers. they instinctivly flock to that spot and are mindlessly swimming there and dont even care about or understand the purpose of being there, except their instinct tells them to be there.

If marshall law is ever declared i hope its during black expo. it will give the rest of us a chance to tie down our TV's and padlock everything before the looters get out.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    also consider that the indy 500, which is the largest one day sporting event at 500,000 people only requires 1 event squad to handle it and no one gets shot. IBE has only 50,000 in attendance and there is multiple shootings every year and every police officer even if they're off has to work it. They bring NOTHING to the city and take everything...the event itself is nice with the job fair and heath services and what not but go to any hotel/restaurant manager and ask him/her what he thinks of the expo. One manager of pf changs videotapes the entire day as he has to explain to corporate why he LOSES money that day as everyone wants their food for free for any number of reasons and they have to order all new silverware as they no longer have any.

+1 to Ballard as when he took office the IBE people came to him asking for their "payment" for having the event in indy. Apparently the previous mayor would give them a couple million every year. Ballard told them to have their event somewhere else next year if they don't like it, but they keep coming back anyways

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    +1 to Ballard as when he took office the IBE people came to him asking for their "payment" for having the event in indy. Apparently the previous mayor would give them a couple million every year. Ballard told them to have their event somewhere else next year if they don't like it, but they keep coming back anyways

"pay them" to leave by handing out so many tickets they wont wanna come back. who listens to what the black clergy B*****s about anyways? i dont. just like i can shut out my wife when i need to.

like you said, its a group who takes and gives nothing back .... unless your black.

let them start taking from what they put in. NOTHING

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Saints,
    Start praying. I met with Sgt. Miller of IMPD this morning July 18, 2010 on the third floor of the city county building. I filed a formal complaint about the shooting I witnessed on Market Street between Illinois and Capitol streets. I let it be know that I thought that I had witnessed a police action shooting. After the interview Sgt. Miller shared with me the official police report which is pasted below. This report raises all kinds of questions such as:

• At approximately 11:30PM when this shooting took place there were at least thirty (30) officers in my eye sight. At the moment of the shooting it seemed to me that very few of these officers were interested in getting to the exact location of the shooting. That location was at most twenty (20) yards from where most of the officers were congregating.
    • Within minutes of the shooting there had to be 50-75 officers on the scene.

Does this seem at least a little contradictory to anyone else besides me?

have shot him? Why weren’t the officers questioning the youth? The officers weren’t even trying to comfort the youth nor get any information from him. Is it possible they already knew what happened before it happened?

Oh brother.

• The same supervisor, SGT SHAUGHNESSY that allowed Brandon Johnson to get beat up by Officer Piland and Carney is the same supervisor that let DeJuan get shot on Market Street with fifty officers in the immediate vicinity

So, IF the police didn't shoot DeJuan themselves, then they LET him be shot?

Are the police being set up? Perhaps by this "minister," who just happened to be there to witness the "police action shooting?"

The "minister" complains that every black person was not searched at the chokepoints. I would guess that this same "minister" would have complained more loudly had every black person been searched.

Why does this "minister" want a race war?

I don't consider the fights and shootings and IBE to be "racial violence," since it is very doubtful that any of it was a result of racial differences. There were no gangs of blacks jumping other people because they were white. There were no white gangs out to shoot blacks. It was just large groups of people who, for some reason I can't understand, feel the need to fight and attempt to kill other people of their own group. I don't consider these fights to be "racial" any more than I would consider a fight between two good ol' boys at a country music bar to be "racial." HOWEVER, I DO consider the actions of this "minister" to be racially motivated, and it sure looks to me like he is trying to incite racial violence.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Part II. This guy is awesome. Adjabu is his name if i didn't say it earlier and he links to his website somewhere in the middle. It's chock full o' stupidity. Here is more on (moron?) how he witnessed the police action shooting

"I was standing with police at Market and Illinois Street at about 11:30PM. One of the officers I was standing with was Officer Gosnell who said he was out of the NW district. As we were standing there a lady with the faith patrol came and informed us that just east up Market street there several Black youth and a fight looked like it was going to go down. I and the other officer that was standing with Officer Gosnell proceeded east on Market Street where the youth were gathered. The officer turned on his flashlight and shouted in a loud voice to keep moving. He pulled his revolver and kept demanding that the youth move along. The next thing I know he disappeared into the crowd. Then I heard a loud bang. Two young black males trying to disperse almost ran over me. They actually tripped over each other and fell to the ground. I asked what happened. One of them said a person had got shot. The next thing I see a young black male laying on Market street saying he had been shot. I saw the wound to his leg. I tried to approach the youth but an officer would not let me. This officer left so I tried to approach the youth again. Several officers, who were around the youth, were very hostile to me. They said I should stand back, which I did. But something just didn't feel right. Why didn't they want me to question the youth? I was down here to help prevent any altercations. Why wouldn't they let me ask the youth who shot him? Were they covering for the other officer? Is it possible that I had just witnessed a police action shooting? Counld it be that IMPD was intentionally trying to taint Black Expo by shooting people and making it appear that it was Black on Black crime? What really happened on Market Street? Was this a get even gesture for http://www.ajabuspeaks.squarespace.com/ What really was going on in downtown Indianpolis on July 17th, 2010? If any black youth were arrested they need to be tested for recently having fired a gun. These are questions that need to be answered. Did any police officers discharge their weapons? The people have a right to know. This is not about race. It is about our rights as American citizens. The people must be given answers. This is why we marched. Stayed tuned. The struggle is not over. Could it be that another youth is shot by an out of control officer? I saw this incident with my own eyes!! We might have to march again. Don't forget to call Prosecutor Brizzi (317-327-3522). Demand that he prosecute the officers involved in Brandon Johnson's beating. God does not like ugly. Black and white must unite so we don't lose our citizenship rights. Make the call. God bless."

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Part II. This guy is awesome. Adjabu is his name if i didn't say it earlier and he links to his website somewhere in the middle. It's chock full o' stupidity. Here is more on (moron?) how he witnessed the police action shooting

"I was standing with police at Market and Illinois Street at about 11:30PM. One of the officers I was standing with was Officer Gosnell who said he was out of the NW district. As we were standing there a lady with the faith patrol came and informed us that just east up Market street there several Black youth and a fight looked like it was going to go down. I and the other officer that was standing with Officer Gosnell proceeded east on Market Street where the youth were gathered. The officer turned on his flashlight and shouted in a loud voice to keep moving. He pulled his revolver and kept demanding that the youth move along. The next thing I know he disappeared into the crowd. Then I heard a loud bang. Two young black males trying to disperse almost ran over me. They actually tripped over each other and fell to the ground. I asked what happened. One of them said a person had got shot. The next thing I see a young black male laying on Market street saying he had been shot. I saw the wound to his leg. I tried to approach the youth but an officer would not let me. This officer left so I tried to approach the youth again. Several officers, who were around the youth, were very hostile to me. They said I should stand back, which I did. But something just didn't feel right. Why didn't they want me to question the youth? I was down here to help prevent any altercations. Why wouldn't they let me ask the youth who shot him? Were they covering for the other officer? Is it possible that I had just witnessed a police action shooting? Counld it be that IMPD was intentionally trying to taint Black Expo by shooting people and making it appear that it was Black on Black crime? What really happened on Market Street? Was this a get even gesture for http://www.ajabuspeaks.squarespace.com/ What really was going on in downtown Indianpolis on July 17th, 2010? If any black youth were arrested they need to be tested for recently having fired a gun. These are questions that need to be answered. Did any police officers discharge their weapons? The people have a right to know. This is not about race. It is about our rights as American citizens. The people must be given answers. This is why we marched. Stayed tuned. The struggle is not over. Could it be that another youth is shot by an out of control officer? I saw this incident with my own eyes!! We might have to march again. Don't forget to call Prosecutor Brizzi (317-327-3522). Demand that he prosecute the officers involved in Brandon Johnson's beating. God does not like ugly. Black and white must unite so we don't lose our citizenship rights. Make the call. God bless."

facepalm_statue.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    What did I do to get ready for Black Expo, you ask?------I avoided Indy like it was a plague city. I hope the Steak and Shake was closed for repairs and annual maintenance once again this year. I know that the events where the violence occurred were not official Black Expo sponsored, but violence does seem to go hand-in-hand with that annual event.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    We would all be labelled as racist and protested by Jackson and Sharpton if we tried to have something called White anything. I read where a white college student is supposed to be able to get a scholarship from the United Negro College Fund. I would like to see just how many have actually received such an award. Things just do not seem very fair and balanced around here sometimes. Just my two cents.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Well, Saturdays events show that my view was correct. If you exclude ticket scalping there is more crime in general, and especially more violent crime, at this event than at any other major event which this city has.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Just so you know there were ten people shot from ages 10-18. IBE spokespeople said it had nothing to do with the event. One of the concerned clergy has a conspiracy theory on his facebook page that i copied and pasted for your enjoyment... to sum it up, all the upstanding youth were actually shot by the police.

snip for brevity

Ya know.. the more I read those statements from this minister, the more it occurs to me that some of those officer may have a rather easy to prove case of defamation.

Folks forget that cops have their rights, also... frankly, I hope they choose to make use of them in this case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom