Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    "Indiana Black Expo generates $38 million for the city."

Always follow the money and you'll get your answer. :rolleyes:

Hmm, isn't that about the amount of money that the bankrupt CIB agreed to give to the Pacers because the Pacers don't want to pay their own expenses????? (of course, the Pacers get to keep 100% of revenue from Conseco, even though they don't pay any expenses there!).

Of course, no matter what corrupt reason, the fact that the local government (Ballard) has sold out the citizens for profit is disgusting, and I can't wait until Ballard is gone. The fact that he'd rather put all of our lives at risk so he can fund his favorite millionaires, coupled with his anti-gun stance (so we're all easier targets) means he's got to go. I can't see how even a staunch Democrat could possibly be worse than Ballard.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    is it possible that the difference between those events is socio-economics and education rather than race?

Maybe, but if this isn't representative of blacks, but rather of socio-economically disadvantaged and uneducated, then maybe they should rename it the "Poor Ignorant Thug Expo" so as not to besmirch the otherwise stellar reputation of the black community.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    ........ the fact that the local government (Ballard) has sold out the citizens for profit is disgusting........

I would add that it isn't merely local government promoting such, as well as such the problems didn't start with Ballard or any particular party for that matter, as they have been practiced long before he took office.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    One of the strongest political parties in Indianapolis is the Black Clergy. They are the ones that control a large amount of voters in Indianapolis. If you control that, then you control the mayor and everyone down the line.

My money is on that IMPD has had a hands off stance for the minor stuff in the past. WHen that happens and you get away with stuff, it progresses to lawlessness that I have witnessed down town Indy at night during the BE.

I have lived in the city the last 15 years and observed a lot of things that make you understand why things are the way they are.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    .....My money is on that IMPD has had a hands off stance for the minor stuff in the past. WHen that happens and you get away with stuff, it progresses to lawlessness that I have witnessed down town Indy at night during the BE.

I have lived in the city the last 15 years and observed a lot of things that make you understand why things are the way they are.

Agreed. Striking the correct balance has yet to be accomplished.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    so because our politicians are afraid of them rising up then they get away with animalistic behavior. and if the police try to do their jobs and be a good police officer they get reprimanded by their bosses. ITS A BUNCH OF CRAP that we are letting happen.
    let them rise up! I have plenty of stuff that will put them down!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    How about the balance of people quit breaking the damn laws. Let the police do there job, and parents and courts punish the law breakers like they should be.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    so because our politicians are afraid of them rising up then they get away with animalistic behavior. and if the police try to do their jobs and be a good police officer they get reprimanded by their bosses. ITS A BUNCH OF CRAP that we are letting happen.
    let them rise up! I have plenty of stuff that will put them down!

Agreed. Though with your last sentence, it might have been better to have attempted to emulate Roosevelt's quote, of "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    How about the balance of people quit breaking the damn laws. Let the police do there job, and parents and courts punish the law breakers like they should be.

Don't misconstrue my statement. I'm not arguing that the law shouldn't be enforced, nor is it my argument that the police shouldn't be proactive in crime prevention.

One of the best assets is the ability for LE to turn their heads to certain acts and types of behavior. Citing each and every violation observed by the police, would alienate the city's population, and would eventually cause greater problems due to the fact that the police require the community's assistance to effectively perform their duties.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Maybe, but if this isn't representative of blacks, but rather of socio-economically disadvantaged and uneducated, then maybe they should rename it the "Poor Ignorant Thug Expo" so as not to besmirch the otherwise stellar reputation of the black community.

It is a cultural problem that is within a particular race. It certainly does not represent all of that race.

When a culture arises as a victim culture, of course, with historical roots, and blames all problems on the past, they cannot move into the future. For instance, when being successful is seen as being too white, that is a self defeating premise. When a culture elevates the criminal element as an ideal, then there will be problems. When a culture celebrates children out of wedlock, as if that has no effect, then there are consequences.

The socio-economic problems originally stemmed from institutionalized racism, codified by law. Racism still exists, but the laws have changed and there is no reason for anyone to not be able to increase their standing in the economic stratus. Many immigrants from other countries come over here with little in their pockets and make a good living by being industrious. In fact I think I remember a Spike Lee movie (I might be wrong about the filmmaker) where three black men were sitting on a corner angry at the successful Korean? store owner on the other corner. It highlighted the cultural problem.

The shootings are now linked on the Drudge Report so I expect to see it on National news. Well, just maybe.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Now I just feel old.
    Junior high, BFF & me, bowl of popcorn, fuzzy black & white TV and...
    "Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll..."

*sigh*
    I'm sure that means nothing to you.

I hear ya, well except for the BFF part. Sammy Terry on the weekend and old monster movies, Jiffy Pop and Root Beer. :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    i wish i had grown up in a simpler time. now if a TV show host called people "ladies and gentlemen" they would be lying through their teeth.

Those were some of the first words spoken on MTV when they kicked off the maiden voyage video "Video Killed the Radio Star".
    Here, greenhorn:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6xesXLIAA]YouTube - MTV LAUNCH FIRST DAY SATURDAY 12:01 am AUGUST 1st , 1981 1st hour Part 1[/ame]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom