• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a sad thing. I don't pretend to be able to understand the stresses imposed by that vocation. It's a terrible shame that ten years can be thrown away so quickly. I hope he gets the help he needs and somehow lands on his feet.

I dom as well. There has to be a deeper issue for him to do something as blatant as this. Career suicide.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The PR nightmare in the post-Bisard world and the law suit that would result if he relapses and crashes taken individually means he's a liability and his ten years aren't worth squat now, even if you ignore the reasons I listed earlier in this thread of why there's no way I'd give him a second chance for many, many years.

In the post-Bisard world, most central indiana officers know it's 1 and done. Any hope of a second chance due to an officers poor decision ended that day. The tolerance officers have for other's who drink and drive is gone as well. Instead of coverup's, the focus is on making sure it's done by the book...t's crossed, i's dotted, #2 pencils, nobody wants to be the cop who missed a step and jacked up the case. No matter how honest the mistake, the public will cry coverup.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the post-Bisard world, most central indiana officers know it's 1 and done. Any hope of a second chance due to an officers poor decision ended that day. The tolerance officers have for other's who drink and drive is gone as well. Instead of coverup's, the focus is on making sure it's done by the book...t's crossed, i's dotted, #2 pencils, nobody wants to be the cop who missed a step and jacked up the case. No matter how honest the mistake, the public will cry coverup.

That is my point of deeper issues. This officer had to be aware of the costs involved not only for his career and family but for the dept.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Sounds like the proper action is already being done. Stripped of police powers, equipment, and suspended without pay... If that isn't an indication of the end of his career as a Leo awaiting investigation then I don't know what is.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like the proper action is already being done. Stripped of police powers, equipment, and suspended without pay... If that isn't an indication of the end of his career as a Leo awaiting investigation then I don't know what is.
    I think some are wanting a public lynching.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I want to thank all of our LEO responses, I am encouraged to know that he is not being paid nor have police powers while waiting on being fired.

I thank you for your service, you all take a lot of crap from this board.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I haven't read through all the responses, but I'd vote for a rehab program. They don't always work but the work often enough that a 10 year employee ought to be given the opportunity to correct a behavior that is slow suicide. Aren't we far enough along into the 21st century to stop employing 19th century morality to a problem that has been labeled a disease by medical professionals? If he had cancer, there'd be treatment.

Top Bottom