• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Like I said my personal experience. My sister married LEO sooooooo

What's your experience worth in this instance? Zero.

Had this young man not been a probationary officer he would be suspended for 30 days without pay at a minimum. Considering he was in a crash with injuries his job would likely be at stake.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Too many citizens getting drunk every night. Where do you think LEO's are hired from? People love to get drunk.

Denny,

I agree that SOME people do.

I have been truly drunk four (4) times in my life. Happily inebriated more times, but mostly I stop after one or two drinks at the most.

Every time I get drunk it reminds me about why I shouldn't drink that much. It seems my memory is good for about seven (7) years - on average.:(

Doug

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    What's your experience worth in this instance? Zero.

Had this young man not been a probationary officer he would be suspended for 30 days without pay at a minimum. Considering he was in a crash with injuries his job would likely be at stake.
    Sorry to he caused a crash. Maybe he should have stayed home. Alcohol won't help him if he can't handle his job either

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have no sympathy for him, I have no sympathy for any officer in this situation especially if they are on my agency. He was warned repeatedly.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have zero sympathy for any Officer arrested for OVWI. My offer to give a ride any time, no questions asked, stands for every officer on this agency.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He was warned?? Of what DUI???

Yes. The agency has a zero tolerance policy. Blow a .001 in a department vehicle and you're fired. Get a OVWI off duty in your own personal vehicle it's an automatic 30 day suspension without pay. It is far from a secret around here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have zero sympathy for any Officer arrested for OVWI. My offer to give a ride any time, no questions asked, stands for every officer on this agency.

I'm going to one up you. I will do the same for any officer. Hell, you could call my sup and he'd send one our guys to get you home safely.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When it comes to getting **** on, yes.

Frank I may **** on you a bit, but not for either of these former officers. One officer ****s up it happens, they were arrested and so far one was convicted. When multiple conspire to lie and hide crap, and it happens all over... Again I'm not going to **** on you, I believe from talking to you on here and almost all of the other officers on here that you wouldn't do it. But when video comes out showing multiple officers lied to cover up crap it does put a stain on the profession at large. If you want examples I can provide them. Such as the iirc 5 officers that were busted talking how to cover up shooting a home owner in the back who was holding a home invader at gun point, the wife was still on the phone with 911 and it was recorded. The I don't know how many officers that stated that a guy approached aggressively which was why he got body slammed into a wall and was declared brain dead. And then video showed he wasn't aggressive in the least bit.The case not too long ago on a traffic stop the one officer beat the crap out of a guy and then arrested him for resisting arrest and the other 2 officers backed him up. Until video came out. And many more. There is one officer on here who stated he would do everything he could short of costing his job to protect a fellow officer. Again I don't believe you are one of them, or the majority of officers on this site. But it does make me wonder about officers in general.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank I may **** on you a bit, but not for either of these former officers. One officer ****s up it happens, they were arrested and so far one was convicted. When multiple conspire to lie and hide crap, and it happens all over... Again I'm not going to **** on you, I believe from talking to you on here and almost all of the other officers on here that you wouldn't do it. But when video comes out showing multiple officers lied to cover up crap it does put a stain on the profession at large. If you want examples I can provide them. Such as the iirc 5 officers that were busted talking how to cover up shooting a home owner in the back who was holding a home invader at gun point, the wife was still on the phone with 911 and it was recorded. The I don't know how many officers that stated that a guy approached aggressively which was why he got body slammed into a wall and was declared brain dead. And then video showed he wasn't aggressive in the least bit.The case not too long ago on a traffic stop the one officer beat the crap out of a guy and then arrested him for resisting arrest and the other 2 officers backed him up. Until video came out. And many more. There is one officer on here who stated he would do everything he could short of costing his job to protect a fellow officer. Again I don't believe you are one of them, or the majority of officers on this site. But it does make me wonder about officers in general.

And I agree with you completely. No one hates a bad or dirty cop more than a good cop. I know they are out there and I know they slip through the cracks sometimes, and sometimes they are caught. What I take issue with is being lumped into the same steaming pile of **** simply because I am in the same profession. I don't treat legal gun owners any differently because some of their kind have murdered cops, so I expect the same. If that means wearing my feelings on my sleeve or being a whiny ***** (as I have been accused of in the past), fine. I'll accept that because I will never not say anything when I am compared to some ****bird because we do the same job.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And I agree with you completely. No one hates a bad or dirty cop more than a good cop. I know they are out there and I know they slip through the cracks sometimes, and sometimes they are caught. What I take issue with is being lumped into the same steaming pile of **** simply because I am in the same profession. I don't treat legal gun owners any differently because some of their kind have murdered cops, so I expect the same. If that means wearing my feelings on my sleeve or being a whiny ***** (as I have been accused of in the past), fine. I'll accept that because I will never not say anything when I am compared to some ****bird because we do the same job.

Frank unless you introduce yourself to me by your screen name if you so happen to pull me over, how am I going to know it's you? Other than being well over 6' tall with bolts sticking out of your neck. On an official interaction you pretty much expect the person to be armed and may attempt to harm you. Is that pretty much correct? And i don't have a problem with that, unless you frisk and/or disarm a person simply because of it. But can you expect any different from me?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank unless you introduce yourself to me by your screen name if you so happen to pull me over, how am I going to know it's you? Other than being well over 6' tall with bolts sticking out of your neck. On an official interaction you pretty much expect the person to be armed and may attempt to harm you. Is that pretty much correct? And i don't have a problem with that, unless you frisk and/or disarm a person simply because of it. But can you expect any different from me?

No, I don't automatically assume that every person I interact with is armed and may attempt to harm me and to do so would be ignorant. Just like it is ignorant for every non-cop to assume that every cop is bad and may attempt to harm them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No, I don't automatically assume that every person I interact with is armed and may attempt to harm me and to do so would be ignorant. Just like it is ignorant for every non-cop to assume that every cop is bad and may attempt to harm them.

I thought they taught that there is no such thing as a routine traffic stop? Perhaps I worded it wrong, not that you expect violence from every official interaction but you prepare for it. And I don't assume that every cop is bad.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I thought they taught that there is no such thing as a routine traffic stop? Perhaps I worded it wrong, not that you expect violence from every official interaction but you prepare for it. And I don't assume that every cop is bad.

I can prepare and be ready for it without being so paranoid about it that it affects my interactions with the public.

Top Bottom