• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Too many citizens getting drunk every night. Where do you think LEO's are hired from? People love to get drunk.

Should be some people love to get drunk. I don't, and I expect my co-workers, or another profession to be sober at work or find another profession. I think we can agree on that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Should be some people love to get drunk. I don't, and I expect my co-workers, or another profession to be sober at work or find another profession. I think we can agree on that.
    I don't drink at all. However, with $184.6 Billion in lost productivity nationwide every year due to alcohol, you kick one alcoholic out only to replace him/her with another. It's like digging a hole in a sand pile.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Blazing-Saddles-Mongo.png

Light bar goes across horns?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Having trouble using the Reply With Quote feature tonight, so: dirtybird said in post #145:" I agree, but I think a veteran should be punished MORE than a new recruit if anything. He's been on the force and should know better, not to mention the hundreds over that period of time he's probably arrested for the same thing. If any breaks should be given (which they shouldn't IMO) it should be to a new guy. " JettaKnight said in post #147: "So, because of ten years it's allowable? I fail to see the logic. After ten years, you should be a lot smarter than a rookie. You should have a lot more experiences to draw upon to know that drunk driving is really, really, stupid." Have either of you ever heard that stress is cumulative? Take a person in a job which has a lot of stress, where just about every decision he has to make has to be the RIGHT decision, then work him 12 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week for a few years, add in limited ability to relieve the stresses of the job and add to that a "traditional" de-stresser: alcohol. I'm speaking of Air Traffic Controllers, obviously. I make no excuses for anyone operating a vehicle - ANY VEHICLE - while intoxicated, but your opinions stink on ice for the reasons I've just explained.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    He will probably just get suspended with pay. Maybe a AA meeting or two.

Is that what your vast and intimate knowledge of the public safety/court system in Marion County leads you to believe? Or are you just spouting off?

Don't answer that, I already know the answer....

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    I will answer for myself. From personal experience he won't get what a everyday average person will get. If you believe that, well I guess your entitled to your own opinion. I like Leo's and an real happy they are out doing their job. I know a Leo charged with domestic violence. Now , if happened to most of us we would lose right to carry and some of our freedom. But not him" paid leave and marriage counseling. So not just spouting off.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I will answer for myself. From personal experience he won't get what a everyday average person will get. If you believe that, well I guess your entitled to your own opinion. I like Leo's and an real happy they are out doing their job. I know a Leo charged with domestic violence. Now , if happened to most of us we would lose right to carry and some of our freedom. But not him" paid leave and marriage counseling. So not just spouting off.

Or he could be fired (which he has been) so yeah, pretty much spouting off. Good job.

Top Bottom