• Status
    Not open for further replies.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have long fingers and know quite a few long fingered XD shooters that like the grip as much as I do. You made a sweeping assumption that you couldn't possibility know if it was absolutely true. The XD grip is superior to the glocks because it is proportionate to the human hand. I wish I had a dollar for every time, on this very forum, that I've read a comment similar to "I used to hate the grip but I eventually got used to it." I would have enough to buy another XD.

So we've ascertained from all of this blather you like the grip on your XD. That's nice.

I'm ecstatic when I can buy a better gone and save eighty dollars. When we're talking about all the top tier guns on the market comparing price between the is quite valid.

If you're going use an $80.00 difference in price, as a basis of selection of a defensive pistol to bet your life on, I rest my case. I'll save money elsewhere. Thanks.

I've seen - heck, we've all seen guns of all different types go for warranty work and have reliability problems. Guns are machines and no one's QC is 100%. Unless you are willing to claim that no glocks have had cracked frames, ftf, stovepiping or the chambers needing honed. Is that your claim?

Again you have missed the point. (What else is new?) Springfield will not sell parts to the public, (Didn't I say this before?) I can get any part for any Glock, within a 10 minute drive from my home. If you shoot an XD, you're not afforded that luxury. If your gun goes down at practice, the day before a big match, you won't be shooting your XD. Guys with Glocks won't have that problem, will they? I guess guys with XD's can buy 2. One to run, one for parts. That isn't so far fetched. I know two shooters at my club who have done just that. They had no choice. They enjoy shooting, not waiting weeks for their guns to come back from warranty work done by God knows who, God knows where.

For what it is worth I currently own 6 Glocks. I have yet to need a part for any of them in tens of thousands of rounds. When I do they are 10 minutes away, not weeks on a slow boat from Croatia.

False because you say so? Interesting. One of the things that first drew me to the XD was this article. It's all your typical torture tests after 20,000 rounds through the pipe.

There is no gun in history that has been torture tested anywhere near the extent of the Glock. Other manufacturers have tried but have never come close. I don't know where you fish for your information, but it doesn't seem to be biting. At least nothing worth keeping, let alone reading.

Bottom line is that the XD, M&P, Sig, most 1911s are just every bit as reliable and durable as glocks are. I'm interested to see the test data you have that brought you to this conclusion.

Here we go with the "prove it to me" attitude. That always gets em' when you run out of information and rely on smart ass comments to get you through. I'm interested to see anything that proves (you appear to be big on proof), XD's, or any other gun for that matter, comes anywhere close to Glock in field proven results by militaries and law enforcement world wide. There is none because they have never, and will never match Glocks track record, performance, let alone sales figures and total reliability.

Here is where the the XD (and M&P) start to pull ahead.

"Pull ahead" in the problem department perhaps. Now you're completely off the rails. you're getting in so deep a shovel isn't going to help!

The slide height and muzzle flip argument is an illusion.

Stop believing in your own nonsense. Use a scale and measure it. The muzzle flip of an XD compared to a Glock is unbelievably noticeable. The reason is a higher bore axis. (Didn't I say this before?) The fact you don't believe it changes nothing except the fantasies you love to entertain.

If glock wanted safe pistol they would have put a safety on it.

SHOOTERS MAKE SAFE PISTOLS, NOT SAFETYS! I'm sure as hell glad I don't shoot with you!

Are telling me I will have to do routine maintenance on my pistols? Oh, the horror!

No, I'm telling you if you have to replace broken parts on your XD, you'll have to send it back to Springfield to get them. They don't sell parts to the public. (Didn't I say this before?)

Oh, and it is quite acceptable for a service pistol to have a nice trigger.

Then explain to me why the XD doesn't have one??

There is no proper way.

Again you have once again missed the point. (This is getting to be nothing new). I'll explain it AGAIN. It is a far more controlled manner to release the slide with 2 hands rather than hitting the lock with your thumb. And that includes your precious XD, as well as a Glock. 2 hands can control a handgun better than one. Or do you want to argue that point in vein as well?

The current XD (2006 and later)melonite is exactly the same as glock's tenifer. exactly the same. Different trade names for the same process. It is a metal treatment rather rather than a finish. Is spreading misinformation fun or are you just that ignorant? Also, I've carried my XD a lot in a cold climate with a regularly oiled slide. I can't find the slide rust you promised would be there.

As I said, you shouldn't have to oil the slide or anything else for that matter on a modern defensive carry pistol TO KEEP IT FROM RUSTING. (Didn't I say this before?) I've never oiled any part of any Glock I've EVER owned to "keep it from rusting". I've yet to have any rust appear anywhere. I'll loan you a quart of Mobil 1 to soak your XD in. As far as the ignorance, with a dash of smart ass thrown in for good measure, you've got the franchise in that department my friend. A little pissed are we?? If they are the same, as you seem to claim, why do XD's rust and Glocks do not? They are not the same or the Tenifer process would be done here. It cannot be. Check the MSDS for both processes. They contain different chemicals, regardless of what you've read in your gun magazines. I have looked up both processes in detail. They are not the same, and both contain different chemicals. I don't like repeating myself, but with you it seems to be a total necessity.

Safeties make guns safer.

Again, (God this is getting old). No they don't. Your not even close. Intelligent shooters and good safe gun handling make guns safer, NOT SAFETYS! I take it you're the kind of guy who like to depend on his guns safety. That is where you and I part company. I depend on the person who is handling the weapon to make it safer. I'm certainly glad I don't shoot with you. Now it is apparently obvious you are just making noise. Sometimes common sense isn't so common. You've proven that. I've been muzzle swept too many times by guys that "had their safety on". Trust me when I tell you I wasn't any less pissed off! I think, no I KNOW you need to take some basic safety courses! Perhaps mature a bit as well.

The XD and M&P are both superior designs. Don't you think it is interesting that the Gen4 adopted some of the features of the XD and M&P? They're trying to keep up. Mark my words. Without serious design changes in a another twenty years glock will be left in the dust.

Now you've proven you're just making noise. S&W as well as Springfield have never, and will never equal, or even come close to Glocks sales figures, or user base, be it commercial, law enforcement, or military with their polymer based pistols. How could they? They keep changing designs every fifteen minutes. Comparing Marco Vukovic to Gaston Glock is like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari. The performance level of their guns is just about as comparable as well.

I'm done with this with you. Frankly, it's not worth the time and effort. I won't change your mind, nor you mine. If you want the last word, I'm sure you'll take it. I'm glad you like your XD. I really do. I don't hate the gun, and as I stated, all that keeps me from owning either an XD or an M&P is everywhere they sell them, they sell Glocks. Why should I settle for less? As I stated before, the lousy $80.00 isn't worth thinking about. I'll save money on something that means less. And NO, I don't mean an XD! Bill T.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    So we've ascertained from all of this blather you like the grip on your XD. That's nice.

If you're going use an $80.00 difference in price, as a basis of selection of a defensive pistol to bet your life on, I rest my case. I'll save money elsewhere. Thanks.

Again you have missed the point. (What else is new?) Springfield will not sell parts to the public, (Didn't I say this before?) I can get any part for any Glock, within a 10 minute drive from my home. If you shoot an XD, you're not afforded that luxury. If your gun goes down at practice, the day before a big match, you won't be shooting your XD. Guys with Glocks won't have that problem, will they? I guess guys with XD's can buy 2. One to run, one for parts. That isn't so far fetched. I know two shooters at my club who have done just that. They had no choice. They enjoy shooting, not waiting weeks for their guns to come back from warranty work done by God knows who, God knows where.

For what it is worth I currently own 6 Glocks. I have yet to need a part for any of them in tens of thousands of rounds. When I do they are 10 minutes away, not weeks on a slow boat from Croatia.

There is no gun in history that has been torture tested anywhere near the extent of the Glock. Other manufacturers have tried but have never come close. I don't know where you fish for your information, but it doesn't seem to be biting. At least nothing worth keeping, let alone reading.

Here we go with the "prove it to me" attitude. That always gets em' when you run out of information and rely on smart ass comments to get you through. I'm interested to see anything that proves (you appear to be big on proof), XD's, or any other gun for that matter, comes anywhere close to Glock in field proven results by militaries and law enforcement world wide. There is none because they have never, and will never match Glocks track record, performance, let alone sales figures and total reliability.

"Pull ahead" in the problem department perhaps. Now you're completely off the rails. you're getting in so deep a shovel isn't going to help!

Stop believing in your own nonsense. Use a scale and measure it. The muzzle flip of an XD compared to a Glock is unbelievably noticeable. The reason is a higher bore axis. (Didn't I say this before?) The fact you don't believe it changes nothing except the fantasies you love to entertain.

SHOOTERS MAKE SAFE PISTOLS, NOT SAFETYS! I'm sure as hell glad I don't shoot with you!

No, I'm telling you if you have to replace broken parts on your XD, you'll have to send it back to Springfield to get them. They don't sell parts to the public. (Didn't I say this before?)

Then explain to me why the XD doesn't have one??

Again you have once again missed the point. (This is getting to be nothing new). I'll explain it AGAIN. It is a far more controlled manner to release the slide with 2 hands rather than hitting the lock with your thumb. And that includes your precious XD, as well as a Glock. 2 hands can control a handgun better than one. Or do you want to argue that point in vein as well?

As I said, you shouldn't have to oil the slide or anything else for that matter on a modern defensive carry pistol TO KEEP IT FROM RUSTING. (Didn't I say this before?) I've never oiled any part of any Glock I've EVER owned to "keep it from rusting". I've yet to have any rust appear anywhere. I'll loan you a quart of Mobil 1 to soak your XD in. As far as the ignorance, with a dash of smart ass thrown in for good measure, you've got the franchise in that department my friend. A little pissed are we?? If they are the same, as you seem to claim, why do XD's rust and Glocks do not? They are not the same or the Tenifer process would be done here. It cannot be. Check the MSDS for both processes. They contain different chemicals, regardless of what you've read in your gun magazines. I have looked up both processes in detail. They are not the same, and both contain different chemicals. I don't like repeating myself, but with you it seems to be a total necessity.

Again, (God this is getting old). No they don't. Your not even close. Intelligent shooters and good safe gun handling make guns safer, NOT SAFETYS! I take it you're the kind of guy who like to depend on his guns safety. That is where you and I part company. I depend on the person who is handling the weapon to make it safer. I'm certainly glad I don't shoot with you. Now it is apparently obvious you are just making noise. Sometimes common sense isn't so common. You've proven that. I've been muzzle swept too many times by guys that "had their safety on". Trust me when I tell you I wasn't any less pissed off! I think, no I KNOW you need to take some basic safety courses! Perhaps mature a bit as well.

Now you've proven you're just making noise. S&W as well as Springfield have never, and will never equal, or even come close to Glocks sales figures, or user base, be it commercial, law enforcement, or military with their polymer based pistols. How could they? They keep changing designs every fifteen minutes. Comparing Marco Vukovic to Gaston Glock is like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari. The performance level of their guns is just about as comparable as well.

I'm done with this with you. Frankly, it's not worth the time and effort. I won't change your mind, nor you mine. If you want the last word, I'm sure you'll take it. I'm glad you like your XD. I really do. I don't hate the gun, and as I stated, all that keeps me from owning either an XD or an M&P is everywhere they sell them, they sell Glocks. Why should I settle for less? As I stated before, the lousy $80.00 isn't worth thinking about. I'll save money on something that means less. And NO, I don't mean an XD! Bill T.

Real men( and women (JG) carry a 1911, everything else is just a paperweight :D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    For a gun cobbled together from the ideas and designs of other guns and pretty much devoid of anything original, the Glock works ok. Sometimes. Of course, half the Glocks I've owned have been jammamatics, and a number of police departments have had such horrible experiences with unreliable guns that they've ditched their new guns and gone to other designs, which kind of trashes the whole "works every time" theory, but they aren't bad.

Until they blow up.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    For a gun cobbled together from the ideas and designs of other guns and pretty much devoid of anything original, the Glock works ok. Sometimes. Of course, half the Glocks I've owned have been jammamatics, and a number of police departments have had such horrible experiences with unreliable guns that they've ditched their new guns and gone to other designs, which kind of trashes the whole "works every time" theory, but they aren't bad.

Until they blow up.

Joe, don't you know that the " Kabooms" are the fault of the bullet not the glock. Glock perfection and all:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Until they blow up.

LIMPWRISTER!!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    are you saying only Glocks kaboom?

And the Perfection remains, Team Glock swept the competition at Nationals in Production...yet again.

Very true but I think they could have done just as well with hi-points. It's the shooter not the gun when you are at that level.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Until they blow up.

LIMPWRISTER!!

I doubt that's that only thing that's limp :):

I keed, I keed :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Very true but I think they could have done just as well with hi-points. It's the shooter not the gun when you are at that level.

I keep hearing that, but even Jessie didn't pick up an M&P and win.

Nor did Julie G, who loves keeping track of S&W wins all season long.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I am not sure why no one like a glock ...what problems are you glock haters having that you need 2....Give me you defective one and I will take it the range and run 5000 thru it with no issues....They are so reliable that they are boring...If I have to trust my life to one handgun then I pick a Glock

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom