• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    You have to admit that Glock was the first of it's kind in handguns. Now just about everyone has some kind of polymer gun. People have a lot of choices and we gun owners always want to try the latest and greatest thing.

I think that because they were the first that everyone knows the name and tries one. Then when they don't like it or get tired of it, they sell it off and try another brand.

PSST... h&k was the first plastic handgun...

Mike

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I dont understand the mentality that if you have a glock you automatically dont like other pistols. I love my glock, I love my XD, and I love 1911s. Some people are too much about absolutes. But on the other hand I think some people get a kick out of the Glock Vs. The world stuff!

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    wow it looks like i hit a soft spot. I dont mind glocks, in fact Ive been thinking about buyin a refurb'd G22 with night sights and 3 mags for $399. I was just askin cause there are an awful lot of them for sale.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was just kidding. They don't throw any better than an XD.

Get the G22 and let us know how you like it:)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I dont understand the mentality that if you have a glock you automatically dont like other pistols. I love my glock, I love my XD, and I love 1911s. Some people are too much about absolutes. But on the other hand I think some people get a kick out of the Glock Vs. The world stuff!

I have Glocks and I still like my other guns, It is Glock vs them other wannebees! :laugh: Like that gun that doesn't have a name just two letters.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    People are selling Glocks because no one wants to buy XD's.....

haha.....

Joking aside..... I bet more people own multiple Glocks than multiples of any other make. There was a time I had 4. I've sold a couple here and there but there was never a time I wanted to be rid of one.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A bunch of selling I have seen has also been reducing number of calibers owned. Just like traded for 22 to 17 or 23 to 19. Trading to something cheaper to shoot.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I believe it is 2 things

1. Saturation of the market with these. SOOOOO many have been bought. If you have 3 glocks and 1 of this and that, then sell the glock.

2. The purchase and shooting of other pistols. I have 3 glocks and they all feel/shoot the same. While this has some "tactical" application, it doesn't have any fun application. Just my .02 though.

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Funny. I am thinking of selling a couple of handguns to buy a 5th Glock. If anyone has one of those aweful 10mm G20's, I'll make sure it's disposed of properly. I entertained the idea of an STI in 10, but I can't seem to save up that kind of money...

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Funny. I am thinking of selling a couple of handguns to buy a 5th Glock. If anyone has one of those aweful 10mm G20's, I'll make sure it's disposed of properly. I entertained the idea of an STI in 10, but I can't seem to save up that kind of money...

I own a 10mm Glock 20 and love it. I have no real reason to own it except I wanted a 10mm to call my own!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Pami,
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/135444-post1.html

Is that yours? If it were removable, I'd do Reb's 1911. Problem is I want to shoot it sometimes and I am not man (or in touch with my feminine side) enough to take a pink pistol to the USPSA match... BTW, my 5yr old daughter thinks it's the coolest pistol she's ever seen.
    Cheers,
    Mark.

Nope, it's a showcase piece for Hoosier Gun Coat: Flash Intro Page

I think one of the guys from there lurks here from time to time, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it is (sorry). :):

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If I was going to sell my Glock (and I'm not), it would be because I know I can always go out and buy another one just like it.

I can't say that about my other carry guns. I have a S & W pre-lock Model 60. If I needed to generate some cash and sold the Model 60, I'd likely need to replace it with one with S & W's stupid lock.

Then there is my series I Kimber Compact. If I sold it to replace later, I would have to buy a new Kimber with the ridiculous swartz safety.

But, if I needed to turn cash and sold my Glock, I know that when able I can buy another Glock that looks like my last Glock, is reliable as my last Glock, and is as accurate as my last Glock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom