• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My first vehicle was a '97 GMC Sierra standard cab long bed. I loved that thing. My aunt hooked me up with a good deal on an '04 Sierra standard cab long bed so I got rid of the '97. Then while going to college it was a pain not being able to haul people and my backpack and crap, so I went looking for an extended cab Chevy Colorado. Got distracted at the Chevy dealer by something shiny and bought an '08 HHR Panel. I like that little thing, but it's not a truck. I keep thinking about trading it in on one, but I got a new Harley instead. Priorities.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why buy a product from a company well-known for quality issues...that STILL remain today? Especially considering said new ownership has also been well-known for quality issues since - well, since forever.

Consumer Reports calls out Fiat Chrysler - Business Insider

Let the buyer beware when buying anything from FCA. That includes Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

My wife wants a truck, too. Like a $50k Silverado or something. HAHAHAHAAH. Shy of the lottery, fat chance of that happening.

Hasn't been my experience. My MIL is on her 2nd Chrysler minivan with over 200k on them. My 2002 Ram was a great truck other than being underpowered, my 12 Ram has been great thus far and my 05 Wranger Rubicon has been excellent since we bought it in 09. The reliability of the 4.0 I6 is pretty tough to beat, sucks they were forced to stop producing it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why buy a product from a company well-known for quality issues...that STILL remain today? Especially considering said new ownership has also been well-known for quality issues since - well, since forever.

Consumer Reports calls out Fiat Chrysler - Business Insider

Let the buyer beware when buying anything from FCA. That includes Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

My wife wants a truck, too. Like a $50k Silverado or something. HAHAHAHAAH. Shy of the lottery, fat chance of that happening.

Consumer Reports should stick to toasters. I'm far from impressed with their vehicle ratings.

I've had no trouble out of my '12 Ram, but if I do I have a Chrysler lifetime bumper to bumper.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Hasn't been my experience. My MIL is on her 2nd Chrysler minivan with over 200k on them. My 2002 Ram was a great truck other than being underpowered, my 12 Ram has been great thus far and my 05 Wranger Rubicon has been excellent since we bought it in 09. The reliability of the 4.0 I6 is pretty tough to beat, sucks they were forced to stop producing it.

spending 13 years in dealerships only reinforced my belief that mopars should be bought new and traded every 3 years. Buying a used dodge is not for the weak, poor or mechanically challenged. Transmissions that were made of papermachete and candy glass, engines designed to self destruct in 60k miles, electronics that make a british car look reliable and bodies made of pre-rusted panels? No thank you.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Bought my 02 Ram with 24K on it and my step son rolled it when it had around 120k. Never gave me any trouble at all other than a clock spring which wouldn't let the cruise control work and a leaking front axle seal.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    There is so much bias surrounding "the big three," threads like this almost always prove to be lively discussions.

I know people who have had no problems out of GM, Ford, and Chrysler products. I also know people who have had nothing but problems out GM, Ford, and Chrysler products. Sometimes it's the same person. They all have their own weaknesses, every brand does.

Buy whatever you want. Just make sure whatever you choose is something you can afford that fits your implicit needs. Aside from that, it's all personal preference. :twocents:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There is so much bias surrounding "the big three," threads like this almost always prove to be lively discussions.

I know people who have had no problems out of GM, Ford, and Chrysler products. I also know people who have had nothing but problems out GM, Ford, and Chrysler products. Sometimes it's the same person. They all have their own weaknesses, every brand does.

Buy whatever you want. Just make sure whatever you choose is something you can afford that fits your implicit needs. Aside from that, it's all personal preference. :twocents:

LOGIC?

LOGIC? ON INGO? YOU SIR ARE OBVIOUSLY OBLIVIOUSLY IGNORANT OF WHAT WE DO HERE SIR!!!!!:xmad:
    :nailbite::runaway:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

[STRIKE]Glocks[/STRIKE] Fords are dumb. [STRIKE]M&P's[/STRIKE] Chevy's are way better!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

The worst brand? Bentley.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    This format holds true for life. Brand debates are always great to watch/participate in. Apple/Android, Snap-On/Matco, Goodyear/Firestone, the list goes on.

Yes that is indeed true. Which is why it is often fun just to throw the wrench, especially when you have no real loyalty in the matters. I have had lots of issues with Fords personally, two buddies have had all kinds of issues with GM and Dodge. Sometimes you'll get a good one, sometimes you won't. It just seems that for what these things cost nowadays they should be having less issues.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From my company's website. Since it paints a relatively positive picture of them, I'm going to take a chance that they won't mind me cutting and pasting here.

GM Delivers Most Segment Awards in Dependability Study
    February 24, 2016 Print

For the second consecutive year, General Motors’ brands deliver the most segment awards in the J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study.

“GM’s customer-centric focus on quality and dependability is yielding results for our customers,” said Jeff Wrona, General Motors executive director, Global Quality. “These awards reflect our ongoing commitment to delivering the industry’s best ownership experience.”

The 2016 study tracks 2013 model year vehicles in their third year of ownership.

All GM brands ranked above industry average with Buick, GMC and Chevrolet ranking third, fifth and sixth respectively.

Chevrolet delivered the most segment leaders of any industry brand, led by Malibu as the segment leader for the second year in a row in the highly competitive Midsize Car segment. Camaro ranks highest in the Midsize Sporty Car segment for the fourth consecutive year and Silverado HD ranks first in the Large Heavy Duty Pickup Segment for the second year. Equinox ranks first in the popular Compact SUV segment.

Buick Verano becomes the industry’s most dependable vehicle and segment award recipient in Compact Car. Encore leads the Small SUV segment, adding to the popular SUV’s 2013 JD Power Initial Quality Study and Automotive Performance Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study segment awards. LaCrosse also receives an award for the second year in the Large Car segment.

The GMC Yukon ranked first in the Large SUV segment for the third year in a row.

Model Highlights by Brand

Chevrolet

Malibu – Segment Award, Midsize Car (2nd Year in a Row)
    Camaro – Segment Award, Midsize Sporty Car (4th Year in a Row)
    Equinox – Segment Award, Compact SUV
    Silverado HD – Segment Award, Large Heavy Duty Pickup (2nd Year in Row)
    Tahoe – Ranks Second, Large SUV
    Silverado – Ranks Third, Large Light Duty Pickup

Buick

Verano – Segment Award, Compact Car
    Encore – Segment Award, Small SUV
    LaCrosse – Segment Award, Large Car (2nd Year in a Row)
    GMC

Yukon – Segment Award, Large SUV (3rd Year in a Row)
    Sierra – Ranks Second, Large Light Duty Pickup

The Sierra and the Silverado are exactly the same thing...I guess you can't have ties?

Top Bottom