• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait. No seriously, wait. Ford is lauching a 10-speed transmission in their F-series next year. Plus, there are rumors of them putting a 3.2 I5 powerstroke into the F150 next year.

I had the chance to drive a 2015 F150, and those things kill. The crew cab is seriously big. I'm 6 ft 5, and I can sit in the back AND have room move around. Fantastic trucks

If you pair that powerstroke with a 10 speed, you'll be looking at 30+ highway easy

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    All these new trucks are junk. I wouldn't own a Ford. Chryslers are cool, but the quality is junk. GM is the best of the lot, but none of them are gonna last long unless we stop salting the roads..... That stuff is killing our vehicles and it's a safety hazard. Rotting cars are not safe in an accident, I've talked to the owner of a local transmission shop, he said you wouldn't believe the amount of brake/trans lines that are rotting on 5 year old vehicles... Makes me sick.

Ok I'm done ranting.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After owning, and using daily, many different trucks, I love my Ford trucks.

GM Trucks- I have a GMC as a daily driver. While I love it and have no plans to ever sell it, it is not a work horse. GM trucks are made for picking up mulch at Home Depot and bringing home a new patio set the wife found at a garage sale. If thats what you are planning on using it for, perfect.

Ford Trucks- They are built for work. If I have anything to haul, my Fords do it, I never think about hooking anything up to the GMC.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I've had hands-on experience with all major truck brands. I know you didn't list Dodge Lovemachine, but don't get one. Just dont. Chevy is OK. We had a 2500HD Duramax as a work truck for a while, and I loved it. It rode well, but man was that thing always breaking down. Three new sets of injectors over the course of a year, leaky fluids, etc. The only reason my boss disliked ford is because he bought a piece of crap to haul our sealcoat rig. He got an IDI F350 with an aftermarket turbo, the thing was a turd. He freely admits he might like the new ones, he just always buys Chevy/Dodge.

As for me, I'm a Ford guy. To me, the fact that they are still American owned/made speaks volumes. Plus, I grew up with people who owned the 90 F-series trucks, and those things went forever. The new F150's are also a very nice ride. I very much enjoyed my time in one.

I really can't knock Chevy, they're good, just expensive to maintain. Dodge however, don't get one. I can't stress it enough. Haha

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't get rid of my '06 3500 crew cab dually d-max for anything. It is kind of a big honking truck, which is why I bought a grand Cherokee for a daily driver.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't tell anyone what you end up with. It's been pretty well demonstrated in this thread that you're gonna catch hell regardless.

I've got a '12 Ram 1500 that I've been very happy with. I know they've got weak transmissions so I don't abuse it. Pushing 40K miles on it now, no problems, no recalls, 400HP on 35's and it still gets pretty respectable mileage unless my wife is driving it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Of course there are lots of different variables here, but I will add my opinion as to my towing/hauling experiences. Most of my towing duties have been done with gas trucks, only diesel I ever hauled with was a Cummins. Our shop truck at work is a Ford with v10 Trition, while it has never had any issue being put to work, the power leaves a lot to be desired. I was way more impressed with a 5.7 HEMI hauling the same loaded car trailer, way way more grunt. My personal '78 Chevy with 350 has more balls than that v10 ford, it just won't stop as well ;).

Bottom line, everybody likes different stuff and everybody has different experiences. I grew up with GM stuff, so when I step into a Ford or Mopar product, no matter the vintage, it doesn't feel like the quality I'm used to. Every truck no matter the make has done what it's supposed to do for me. If I need to haul something for work, I try to grab a dodge off the lot and avoid our ford at all costs. They seem to have a stronger road presence and handle the tough jobs easier, just the quality is junk.... I've not had enough experience with the newer GM stuff, I like the older ones better...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It won't be anytime soon, but I'll have a truck someday.

That's where I'm at. Moving and renovating has reminded me how much I'd like to have a truck agai.

I want a full size with an 8' bed. I don't care for the current trend of crew cabs with stubby beds.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's where I'm at. Moving and renovating has reminded me how much I'd like to have a truck agai.

I want a full size with an 8' bed. I don't care for the current trend of crew cabs with stubby beds.

I went from a crew cab with an 8' bed, and I like my little stubby bed. I can park this thing anywhere.

Top Bottom