• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm glad to see no one on here thinks a Ridgeline is a truck

There is a new model coming out later this year.
    If I didn't already have one already (09) I would get it.... Does everything I need a truck for and rides like a car.
    No, you can't haul a 5th wheel or 39,000 lbs. of unstrapped rocks with it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To bad BMW doesn't make a pickup .:)

Holy Cow, that would be expensive! Let's see, the cooling system would need to be rebuilt every 10 years or 100k miles due to plastic embrittlement. The nav system would cost $200 a year for map updates. There would be a steady failure rate of small electronic items in the interior like door locks and seat motors. The window regulators would start failing at 7 years and fail again every 2 years after. The truck would have a self leveling hydraulic suspension that required the use of a 3000 psi power steering pump that needs Pentosil. There would be no dipstick. The diffs would not have drain ports, only fill ports and, they'd built am M version that would do Nurburgring in under 8 minutes... with mulch.

I do remember seeing a 5 series pickup truck for sale about 10 years ago. It was built by a shop in Ohio and used for a parts runner until it was more or less, one big pile of rust. I think it was based on an E28 chassis.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    That's where I'm at. Moving and renovating has reminded me how much I'd like to have a truck agai.

I want a full size with an 8' bed. I don't care for the current trend of crew cabs with stubby beds.
    Much like what KJQ said, parking an 8' is a pain. Single cabs aren't too bad. However, if you want to fit more than three people, that's another story. Haha

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    ^^^THIS! Especially if you want the extra room via crew cab or extended cab. Those full beds are a pain to swing around places
    I've had two F350 crew cabs with 8' beds. You have to back them in to a parking spot, or find a pull through. Getting it aligned can be a challenge also. The wheel base is longer than most alignment racks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    truck_wheels_006.jpg

Bought this 06 GMC back in 06. 4.8L, 2wd with 3.23's. Sits at 80mph turnong 2k rpms. Knocks down 22-24mpg highway on non ethanol gas. It's towed more than a few race cars, tractors and all sorts of building supplies. Honestly, if something happens to this one I don't know what we'll do. WE love everythign about it.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    There is a new model coming out later this year.
    If I didn't already have one already (09) I would get it.... Does everything I need a truck for and rides like a car.
    No, you can't haul a 5th wheel or 39,000 lbs. of unstrapped rocks with it.

You sir are a super genius. :lmfao:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I went with the Silverado LTZ. It rides like a car, and hauls most everything I need to move.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Big fan of the Toyota pro!

If that FACTORY jeep truck thing happens, I'll have that. The humvee is a PITA for standard truck work even though I can drag a skyscraper with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went with the Silverado LTZ. It rides like a car, and hauls most everything I need to move.

It does ride very well. Spent a long day in it.

My 04 Sierra Z-71 extended cab is still running strong. I have worked it pretty hard. It has towed well past it's rating and never skipped a beat. Showing its age but It is a keeper.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I planned to buy an F-150 right up until I test drove a Ram 1500. F-150 was a close second, Tundra was a relatively distant 3rd.

My senior year of high school, I bought a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport. I drove that thing everywhere, until I drove my first Jeep Wrangler. I traded it in for my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. Haven't had a truck since then.

I loved that Dodge, and I like the new Ram's. But I'm not sure if I like it as well as the new Silverado's and F150's. When the time comes, if it ever does, I'll just have to test drive ALL of them :)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Why buy a product from a company well-known for quality issues...that STILL remain today? Especially considering said new ownership has also been well-known for quality issues since - well, since forever.

Consumer Reports calls out Fiat Chrysler - Business Insider

Let the buyer beware when buying anything from FCA. That includes Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

My wife wants a truck, too. Like a $50k Silverado or something. HAHAHAHAAH. Shy of the lottery, fat chance of that happening.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    On the topic of trucks, I really like my 2009 GMC Sierra 2500. Super comfy, great on trips, truck beds are indispensable, and it can tow anything I care to with breaking a sweat. Not cheap, though. I'll have this one for QUITE a few more years.
    DSC_0103_small.jpg

For those of you who like the original Broncos, a friend of mine has one. It is pretty awesome.
    73ed1ea3-7405-449c-b716-15f2f13b4b34.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    On the topic of trucks, I really like my 2009 GMC Sierra 2500. Super comfy, great on trips, truck beds are indispensable, and it can tow anything I care to with breaking a sweat. Not cheap, though. I'll have this one for QUITE a few more years.
    DSC_0103_small.jpg

For those of you who like the original Broncos, a friend of mine has one. It is pretty awesome.
    73ed1ea3-7405-449c-b716-15f2f13b4b34.jpg

There's a guy here in town that restores the old original Broncos, and sells them.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why buy a product from a company well-known for quality issues...that STILL remain today? Especially considering said new ownership has also been well-known for quality issues since - well, since forever.

Consumer Reports calls out Fiat Chrysler - Business Insider

Let the buyer beware when buying anything from FCA. That includes Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

My wife wants a truck, too. Like a $50k Silverado or something. HAHAHAHAAH. Shy of the lottery, fat chance of that happening.

Good point. Jeeps are overrated.

Top Bottom