• Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think your post is stupid.

You are stupid.

Both use the word stupid, one is name calling and clearly against the rules, the other is in the grey area and will probably just get you a warning.

This has been a jackwagon post.

Exactly. The line has to be drawn somewhere, and you gave a perfect example of where we draw it. Thank you.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Why? The road announcements have been all over the news and the internet, and just looking out your window is enough to see the snow. Falling back on "well, there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp" is just a lame excuse. Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

I didn't hear of it till Monday night.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have two points to ADD to this thread.

1. I sincerely think there is more to the story than what we know. If there were reports of semi's on the side of the road wouldn't a reasonable person wonder why? also, I know its not a solid argument, and I will not argue it with you, but I highly doubt an officer would issue a ticket if this was an honest mistake, hence thinking their may be more to the story.

2. I am REALLY REALLY curios as to the IC that allows for a ticket in these situations. If there is not IC supporting it, I am curios as to why its being plastered all over the place like it is law.

2a. Since the OP got a ticket, are they not required to cite the IC violation on the ticket? If so this whole thread would be a lot more clear.

and finaly a request.

OP, can you put a picture of the ticket up showing where what the violation was, was written?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are we seriously doing this? 132 posts arguing over whether I did or did not call the OP a "jackwagon" (I didn't, no matter how much you want to twist my words.)? And you have at least one person use the term "former mod" as an epithet, as though it's something I should be ashamed of, while accusing a current mod of some sort of collusion? And you wonder why I not only chose to step down as a mod but chose to exit this thread right at the beginning? 132 posts later and hours after I ended my part of the discussion and people are still *****ing about it and somehow I'm the jackwagon out of the whole thing. Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable. Frankly, I'm disgusted.
    Well, some of us are still trying to figure out what law they are using to fine people for being out.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Semi on topic.. I have a friend whose daughter was fired from her job for not coming in this morning..
    I wouldn't want to work for an employer like that anyway.

Well, some of us are still trying to figure out what law they are using to fine people for being out.
    I couldn't find anything relative unless this is... but I'm not sure what is considered a "safety zone" 9-21-8-38 A vehicle may not be driven
    in or through a safety zone. :dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am still not sold that this ticket was actually issued. And if it was, it should have the IC written on the ticket and we can know for sure exactly what the OP was cited for.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Slow time in the Indy-arctic. Can't believe I read the whole thing. OP, fight the stinking ticket. Bet it's one of those that nobody shows up in court for.

Top Bottom