• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Indygunworks, I pay 57% of what I make in taxes, they work for me and those are my roads.... Just saying...

Whats right, and whats reality here are two totally different things. Show me in the constitution of either the state, OR the country where driving a on public roadways is a RIGHT.

I agree with what you are implying here whole heartedly, but that's just not the reality of the situation.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    So it is a travel advisory that has penalty by weight of law? Doesn't sound like much of an advisory to me. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to drive, I thought that I shouldn't drive... big difference. Glad I didn't.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    klb, he's saved then...

Landon, the warning delivered to a Radio Station in the region read that the sheriff's office strongly suggested for everyone to stay home...

The Officer is suppose to operating in a manner to produce a safe condition in an-otherwise dangerous conditions.... I would think he should have been in a position to keep vehicles from entering the road that was closed and not in a position to further endanger motorists who were attempting to travel... Maybe I'm wrong but at the top of the ramp is a bad idea I would think...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    All I can say is WOW!

If I don't go to work, I could get fired. If I try to go to work, I could get a ticket. If I get a ticket, I can ***** about it on INGO. If I ***** about getting a ticket on INGO, somebodies gonna get banned.

Seriously?

Addendum:
    If we banned people for "*****ing", wouldn't you have already been banned a few posts ago? Food for thought..

Last edited:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    How do you prove someone driving knowingly, intentionally or recklessly violated the warning?

I suppose the person could self incriminate, but short of that?

My guess is it goes something like this. The officer shows up in court and says three quarters of the state was under a emergency warning. In accordance with Indiana code this mean only emergency travel is permitted. He encountered the accused out on the roads during an emergency warning and after a discussion he determined the accused travel was not an emergency and therefore was recklessly violating the IC.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Show me in the constitution of either the state, OR the country where driving a on public roadways is a RIGHT.

It is my understanding that the argument goes something like this. I believe it is a component of the "free man" ideology.

As far as paying for it, the State owns the roads. Drivers do not 'pay for them'.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    klb, he's saved then...

Landon, the warning delivered to a Radio Station in the region read that the sheriff's office strongly suggested for everyone to stay home...

The Officer is suppose to operating in a manner to produce a safe condition in an-otherwise dangerous conditions.... I would think he should have been in a position to keep vehicles from entering the road that was closed and not in a position to further endanger motorists who were attempting to travel... Maybe I'm wrong but at the top of the ramp is a bad idea I would think...

I am not arguing that. The bottom of the ramp does make more sense, but I wasn't there and maybe there was reason he was further up the ramp.

It doesn't much matter whats reported by media. The Indiana Code is the law and its each persons responsibility to be informed and know the laws. By no means am I saying I have read it and know all the laws, but as I said earlier ignorance is not a justifiable excuse in the eyes of the law.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Dirtebiker, was that post to my post or Scutter01's ?

Indygunworks you pay 57% too, just figure up your payroll taxes you pay out of your check and multiply it by 2 because your employer can't employ you without matching the tax he takes out for you and then lets not even think about the state excise, road, gas taxes and sales tax and property tax and if you smoke or buy ammo there are additional taxes plus county income tax... It's 57 % or more....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So it is a travel advisory that has penalty by weight of law? Doesn't sound like much of an advisory to me. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to drive, I thought that I shouldn't drive... big difference. Glad I didn't.

Lake County was (is, as I write this) under a declared "State of Emergency" restricting travel to emergency only and I-65 (and I-94, for that matter) was officially closed. Travel advisories have nothing to do with it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I didn't read all these posts but I did see the cops that the OP was talking about. We have been out and working the last 40 hours up and down 465 from 56th to Michigan. One thing the OP didn't mention was all the billboard warnings as I was heading north on 465 was flashing I- 65 CLOSED at Mile Marker 25 or something like that........now I don't recall the signs saying NO ENTRY or I 65 EXIT CLOSED.

I would have run from him if in 4x4......them cruisers stand no chance in weather like this ;) Since you didnt I would fight it. The sign didn't say to not enter....it said it was closed at a particular mile marker.....which the OP may or may not have known where that mile marker was.

And how about these road conditions. Gas tax, wheel tax, property tax, gubberment subsidy and we are still driving on ice because the tightwads won't spend money for salt.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Dirtebiker, was that post to my post or Scutter01's ?

Indygunworks you pay 57% too, just figure up your payroll taxes you pay out of your check and multiply it by 2 because your employer can't employ you without matching the tax he takes out for you and then lets not even think about the state excise, road, gas taxes and sales tax and property tax and if you smoke or buy ammo there are additional taxes plus county income tax... It's 57 % or more....

:rolleyes:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I didn't read all these posts but I did see the cops that the OP was talking about. We have been out and working the last 40 hours up and down 465 from 56th to Michigan. One thing the OP didn't mention was all the billboard warnings as I was heading north on 465 was flashing I- 65 CLOSED at Mile Marker 25 or something like that........now I don't recall the signs saying NO ENTRY or I 65 EXIT CLOSED.

I would have run from him if in 4x4......them cruisers stand no chance in weather like this ;) Since you didnt I would fight it. The sign didn't say to not enter....it said it was closed at a particular mile marker.....which the OP may or may not have known where that mile marker was.

And how about these road conditions. Gas tax, wheel tax, property tax, gubberment subsidy and we are still driving on ice because the tightwads won't spend money for salt.

Salt wouldn't have made a lick of difference on this one.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

Pretty sure salt does absolutely nothing when we experience the temperature we are.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Whats right, and whats reality here are two totally different things. Show me in the constitution of either the state, OR the country where driving a on public roadways is a RIGHT.

I agree with what you are implying here whole heartedly, but that's just not the reality of the situation.

Give this a read and research the cases. Then let me know what you find.
    Right to Drive

Top Bottom