• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I didn't read all these posts but I did see the cops that the OP was talking about. We have been out and working the last 40 hours up and down 465 from 56th to Michigan. One thing the OP didn't mention was all the billboard warnings as I was heading north on 465 was flashing I- 65 CLOSED at Mile Marker 25 or something like that........now I don't recall the signs saying NO ENTRY or I 65 EXIT CLOSED.

I would have run from him if in 4x4......them cruisers stand no chance in weather like this ;) Since you didnt I would fight it. The sign didn't say to not enter....it said it was closed at a particular mile marker.....which the OP may or may not have known where that mile marker was.

And how about these road conditions. Gas tax, wheel tax, property tax, gubberment subsidy and we are still driving on ice because the tightwads won't spend money for salt.

You didn't see those signs because the officer was at Route 30 and I-65, that's not in or around Indianapolis.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    we are still driving on ice because the tightwads won't spend money for salt.
    for salt to be effective, it has to be a bit warmer than it is right now. If they spread it now, it is WASTING our money
    You didn't see those signs because the officer was at Route 30 and I-65, that's not in or around Indianapolis.

You are so right, I live in Indianapolis though and even I KNEW 65 was closed around NWI.

Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    Lets not even worry about that.
    Lets go back to
    What law did the OP break. Even emergencies have code written.
    i am not being smart. I am asking, to be given a ticket or taken to jail, you must be accused of an infraction.
    the emergency codes im finding, do not cover tickets to people.
    only cover the fact they may be on their own. That their stranded vehicle may be removed, without regard to gentleness.
    That that person may be charged for said removal.

They declared the state emergency due to the weather. I know as of 4pm the local sheriff here posted that they would issue citations for anyone on the road.

Apparently in a state of emergency due to weather (level 1) they can fine you for being out. It's really for safety reasons. How they go about this and what law allows them to do this I don't know. Maybe further along someone already answered.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    WOW... I give on the terminology, but still stand behind the other comments made. Thanks for the link.

I just noticed it the other day but haven't found the time to research the cases. That is why I asked you to tell me what you find haha:cool: I thought it was a priviledge as well from the statements around here, but it seems it may not be. Just food for thought.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I just noticed it the other day but haven't found the time to research the cases. That is why I asked you to tell me what you find haha:cool: I thought it was a priviledge as well from the statements around here, but it seems it may not be. Just food for thought.

I posted it a page before you did. It is all out-of-context quotes and other assorted "I am a man on land" gibberish of the sort that has been repeatedly crushed in courts.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

No more a privilege than carrying around a handgun with an LTCH

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Dirtebiker, probably the ipad... although I've had fights with my windows tablet's auto correct on here before too...

Top Bottom