• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I applied for a duplicate on Monday and after 20 minutes on the phone with tech support, was able to submit and pay. Got an email yesterday that I needed to call and confirm my identity, etc. Calling this morning in between meetings so we'll see how it goes.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Requested and paid online on 10-4. Got the email to call and verify on 10-8. I asked about approximate delivery times and they said 3-4 weeks.

They must have had a database corruption they can't determine when it happened. There's really no other reason to have to enter all that information online, then call to verify it. I think one of the "electronic signature" type items on the request form was to affirm all the information given was accurate.

They did the following:
    Asked for my license number
    Verified my address
    Verified my height and weight
    Asked if I had any additional scars or tattoos.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    "...they had an issue transferring information from one program to another."

Nice to see they tested their software before putting it into production!:lmfao:

I'm just glad that they called to confirm. While getting my LTCH with the Name Ersel Twang would be funny at first, the reality is that it would suck like a straw factory to wait for my new plastic Larry to show up only to have the wrong info. I'm thinking that getting it corrected would have to be stressful.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just got of the phone with them. 10:00AM Thursday 10/9
    Got right through.

They just confirmed some info and told me I'd get it about 4 weeks.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I just got of the phone with them. 10:00AM Thursday 10/9
    Got right through.

They just confirmed some info and told me I'd get it about 4 weeks.

Pretty much the same here. Called at 10, went right through. Was asked to verify name, address & license number. She said she wanted to update my current information. Asked me my build (small, medium, large) city of birth & scars or tattoos. Also time at current residence. She said it would be 3-4 weeks. Pretty simple.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    They did the following:
    Asked for my license number
    Verified my address
    Verified my height and weight
    Asked if I had any additional scars or tattoos.

Was asked to verify name, address & license number. She said she wanted to update my current information. Asked me my build (small, medium, large) city of birth & scars or tattoos. Also time at current residence.

What is up with the range in questions? All I got was name, license number, and reason.... I'm full of scars and have tattoos but didn't get asked about those, build, or residence...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What is up with the range in questions? All I got was name, license number, and reason.... I'm full of scars and have tattoos but didn't get asked about those, build, or residence...

It could be the length of time since it was issued/renewed. I've had mine for just over 20 years and got the lifetime shortly after it was available. Since I haven't had to renew it they may have just wanted to see if anything has changed. Not sure, just a thought.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    This is interesting...

My dad called because he received an email as well. They only asked him for his name, date of birth and if it was truly a request for a duplicate. (washing machine ate it)
    Based on everyone getting different questions, it makes me think that they're questioning the accuracy of what came in during their conversion and are just doing some spot checking.

Would have hoped that they'd have checked things over BEFORE going live... but it is the state :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just got off the phone with them. For me they only asked for:

LTCH #
    DOB
    Mailing Address

I asked why the questions varied from person to person and she said there was file corruption and not all the data transferred. Applications that were filled out completely showed random blanks and/or partial info. The call is to verify whatever info is missing.

Was told to expect the card in 2-3 weeks.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I must have missed it? Why is everyone doing this?

Just a nicer card?
    More official looking?
    Updated info?

For me, I just wanted a nicer plastic card that fits in my wallet better. I know it's not even required to carry it, but I do, and wanted something other than the laminated paper now that it is available.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You guys moved the discussion from the other thread, and didn't tell me??? :dunno: I was missing out.

I saw the email today, and called. Was on hold for just under 15 minutes, they asked for my license#, name and DOB. It did not sound like any of my change of address info was saved from my online session on the 1st, she reentered all of it. I asked how long, and was told 4-6 weeks.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    After a 10 minute wait I was simply asked my name and birthdate. She stated they just wanted to confirm I was the person who applied online. Funny that they are asking different callers different questions. :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Funny that they are asking different callers different questions. :dunno:
    Yep.
    I asked why the questions varied from person to person and she said there was file corruption and not all the data transferred. Applications that were filled out completely showed random blanks and/or partial info. The call is to verify whatever info is missing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doesn't sound like they're real consistent. I assume you folks are paying with a card? Seems like it should be as simple as "My info is the same. My LTCH # is _______. My payment card # is _______. I appreciate your promptness, thank you."

Top Bottom