• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm still confused. Can we get a license that's simialr to our drivers license? Its not that cheap pink paper?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm still confused. Can we get a license that's simialr to our drivers license? Its not that cheap pink paper?

Yes.

gncssxsrsrsshylmnrvd.jpg

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I don't get the point of paying for a duplicate. The state doesn't require you to carry your license. So just leave the paper in your file cabinet.

I know it is not required but the law also says that the burden of proof is on you for proving you are exempt from the no carry law in Indiana. It also says that if you are arrested you are to be freed and all records of your arrest wiped once you produce a LTCH. That leads me to believe that you should carry your LTCH.

I agree that while you are not required to carry it, it is a good idea IMO.

Why would you not carry it except to prove you don't have to? I see no down side to carrying it, but I see lots downside to not having it on you.

The only reason I may get the plastic is for when I am in another state. I have always thought that some trooper in (insert name) state would look at this home laminated piece of paper and think it was a joke.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Both the new card and the nice compact pink paper it's replacing are much better than the pink half sheet they used to be. The one that said 'lamination is not recommended' and was something like 5x6".

I'll be happy with the plastic card and my multiple copies of the small laminated paper as backups.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I just got mine with minimal trouble. I do wish that the state would just upgrade to the plastic card without printing DUPLICATE on it. At least it is still that manly pink:)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do actually carry one in my wallet. I have the original in my file, a digital image on my computer a backup disc and multiple laminated copies in my top desk drawer. BTW all are reduced to prosper wallet size.

That cost about a buck fifty and some spare time.

When they require me to have the new plastic one they will pass proper legislation which will be taxation with representation. Even though I live in a democRAT district and my reps are pure anti gun liberals.

Besides, I can buy two boxes of ZQ1 .762X.51@ Walmart for $21.40.

Last edited:

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just got off the phone with a nice lady from the Aries place and she just wanted the know the following:

1 - Name
    2 - License Number
    3 - Reason for duplicate request

I asked her if I did something wrong and she said "No, there was just a system glitch and we're wanting to make sure people who were requesting a duplicate got one".

I forgot to ask about shipment/delivery time...

Top Bottom