• jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well......
    I agree 100% with you on this.
    Now I'll go visit the farmer down the road and watch his flying pigs.....
    BTW
    Maybe you shouldn't point out the errors of his posts.
    You're likely to confuse him and since he seems terribly confused already the additional input of logic may be too much for his combat addled brain.
    :dunno:

:laugh:

That must have been painful for you to type.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    And you still don't get it. But you are correct about the English language. Pretty simple really. They are stating the eighth bullet (not eighth shot) killed the hostage. I still haven't read where it states the eighth shot taken killed the hostage.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 holes in BG. 1 hole in friendly, that's 8. Can I make it any simpler for you? It may have been the 8th bullet accounted for, but doesn't mean it was the 8th shot.

Let it go. This is all unfortunate, we do not have the facts, and stop blaming the cop until you can get facts to substantiate your reasoning. We were not there, I hope to never be in the situation....

Never mind, some people aren't open to the possibility of being wrong.

Actually you are one that still doesn't get it:

It is also quite clear from the surviving hostage that the last 2 shots, rounds 7 & 8, fired at the BG hit the BG & the now deceased hostage.

BTW-Do you realize this all started because of a BG? A hostage taker?

Ahh, the so & so made us do it, therefore we are absolved of ANY recklessness, misconduct, etc.,

Let see*** where have I Read that before?

Oh yeah here it is:

Just How Many Bystanders Did New York Police Shoot? - Adam Martin - The Atlantic Wire

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    WOW the pic about stupid posts in this thread is SO accurate. Meezer get over yourself, period. Why is the discussion focused on a difficult decision that NONE of you were there to make, and not on the OBVIOUS!

This asshat, scumbag, oxygen thief had no business breathing among the "civilized" folk at all. From the initial reports this guy had way too many third chances. It certainly appears that in the past where this guy was concerned, the police did their job, the witnesses did their civic duty and testified, the jurors did their civic duty and convicted the guy, but still he was walking among us. The breakdown in the system lies somewhere beyond the stated, but no way should the guy have been free.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

It is also quite clear from the surviving hostage that the last 2 shots, rounds 7 & 8, fired at the BG hit the BG & the now deceased hostage.

Ahh, the so & so made us do it, therefore we are absolved of ANY recklessness, misconduct, etc.,

Oh yeah here it is:

Just How Many Bystanders Did New York Police Shoot? - Adam Martin - The Atlantic Wire

:rolleyes: Apparently English and logic are hard for you. What you're saying is quite clear isn't quite clear at all.

Firing two more shots at Smith, calling to the hostage and getting no answer does NOT mean the very last shot fired hit the hostage.

'I run out and I run toward where they are.'

He then saw officers fire twice more at Smith.

He screamed for Andrea. She did not answer.

Where does that say the last shot hit the hostage? Please point it out. All that says is that after ALL the shooting, the hostage wasn't answering.

You're going to have to do better than this if you want to be taken seriously around here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Too much speculation going on here, based on press accounts. I keep expecting someone to bring up the grassy knoll.

I am also wondering, has anyone commented on four adults subdued by one felon. I'll throw another idea in the mix: if the students had had a gun in the house, and been trained to use it, the outcome might have been better.

Not meaning to blame the victim, but this seems like a classic illustration of the futility of relying on 911 to deal with violent criminals.

And how did Mr. Thug get his weapon? Isn't NY "SAFE" these days. The other day they arrested a dangerous felon for carrying 9 rounds in his "7 round" magazine... Whew, that was close!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I hate the fact that the hostage was killed. Still, I believe that if I AM the hostage I want one of you negligent reckless cops to TAKE THAT SHOT!

My threat assessment is this; a gun to my head is more dangerous than a gun twenty feet away from my head. The cop SHOULD have some proficiency with his sidearm, and SHOULD have enough sense to know if he can hit his target. Even getting shot myself would not normally mean being instantly killed. Unfortunately as pointed out s**t happens. A direct hit to the head is pretty tough, but what were the odds compared to what the perp could do to you at contact range?

It's a bad deal all around and looks real ugly, but if it was me as the human shield I want you to do your best to kill that SOB! I'll take my chances.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008

Oh yeah here it is:

Post where you can see that.

Here's what I see:

'Put the gun down and let her go,' officers shouted.
    Smith replied, 'I'm going to kill her.'
    'I hear POP POP, two shots,' he said.
    'I run out and I run toward where they are.'
    He then saw officers fire twice more at Smith.
    He screamed for Andrea. She did not answer.
    Nassau police said she was shot in the head. Officers fired eight times at Smith.
    He was hit by seven bullets and died at the scene. The eighth struck Andrea Rebello.

The witness accounts for 4 shots. Some time within that, he screamed for her and she did not answer. That leaves 4 shots unaccounted for, and no idea when they occurred.

Likely, the eye witness can't recall exactly what occurred. Because eye witness testimony is noted for being inaccurate.

Now... do we really need to break down that sentence?

I ate three pieces of bacon, you ate the fourth. Does that mean you ate the last one? Or does that mean that I put three on my plate and one on yours?

Again, please post where you are getting your "facts" from.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yes, as a matter of fact my opinion is based my FOF training courtesy of the US Army & having survived multiple tours in Iraq & Afghanistan "locking horns up close & personal" with the Muj for experience with life/death situations.

Btw, the Muj love to use human shields especially women & children. Doing the Death Blossom in these type of situations won't help.

Sounds like it's time to put down the Game Boy.
    Why don't you yell upstairs and see what your moms making for dinner.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Indy625shooter,

Let's stick to the facts in this case:

The BG points a gun at the cop

The cop immediately opens fire on the BG.

The first 7 rounds hit & kill the BG

The 8th & final round fired by the cop hits the hostage in the head & killing her.

It's absolutely reckless.

Oh yeah here it is:

Meezer, you state that we should stick with the facts but the only fact is "no one here (even you) knows any of the facts period". Yes there is an article about it but until the after action investigation is done no one knows for sure. Just as you label it as "reckless" or 'misconduct" Until the investigation is really complete. No one knows which round for sure was the one that hit the hostage. As for the eyewitness's the after action will sort it out. What some say they saw at the time of a tramatic event and what the same people say they saw when things calm down often change.

And you continue to label it as "Reckless or Misconduct" again until the after action investigation is complete no one (again even you) can say the officer was reckless.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If ever there was a thread that screamed "Bring back Neg Reps" it's this one.
    So much logic wasted on an individual who will not comprehend..:n00b:

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I can't help but wonder. If this had been a civilian that happened onto the scene and not a cop, would he be in legal jeopardy?

I'd say likely not, at least in Indiana. Pointing the gun at you is more than enough to fire in self-defense. And in Florida, they most likely would pin the murder on the hostage taker.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Maybe someone can explain to me why it matters what bullet caught her? Whether it be 3rd 6th or 8th she still got hit. The bullet could of flown across the grass knoll and it still wouldn't of changed anything. There are 3 possible outcomes the cop could of had: hero, dead or villain. All very different outcomes, separated by a razors edge. What happened is unfortunate but second guessing his decision is stupid. What would you of said had he not pulled the trigger and the bg killed him?

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Prayers go out to everyone in this situation. What I can't understand is how people are constantly change their opinions on cops. First, they should not be considered above the rest of us and all that good hoop-lah. Then in a situation like this, they expect him to be perfect, be able to talk the suspect down, not fire until the right moment, ect, and be willing to take the bullet when the gun is pointed at him. You can't have it either way folks. How many of you who think the cop did wrong in a situation like that and had a gun pointed at you, wouldn't think about making it home to your wife and kids that night? I'm willing to bet the cop didnt unleash a barrage of bullets everywhere, but tried his best under a high stress situation to deliver a kill shot so both him and the hostage would go home safely. Sadly, it didnt work out like it always does in the movies. If anything, this officer should be shielded from charges unless the investigation proves he was highly negligent in his actions, which i also doubt. Also, how many people would be outraged if the gunman would have shot the hostage with the cop right there? Then we would have the well he should have taken the shot when he could have thread instead of this sad thread.

Top Bottom