• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For the officer? I don't know, I've only done this in training (and pray I never have to do it for real) and was not there. Course of action should have happened long before the incident and that is training and more training. The more they train, the less they shoot.

If you have to shoot, be magnificient. Hero and goat is a matter of centimeters.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Make up your mind rather than just spewing BS. Which is it?

Wow, I must have really riled you up to go through the effort of collecting all my posts. There was nothing contradictory in what I wrote. If this was a non-leo that defended himself against the BG and shot the hostage, in the end he would probably be okay as are most non-leo involved self-defense shootings. I'm just saying the media spin and reaction would have been different i'm sure.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyDave1776
    The officer went home safe, so it's all good!

[quote Originally Posted by Meezer
    The cop needs to be fired & charged.......
    [/quote]

This was a sad situation for EVERYONE involved. My prayers are sent to both the family of the hostage as well as the Officer because he will live with a heavey burden of grief despite what some here type about LEO's..

For the critics here^^ and others to come. Are you that good that you know if and when you are ever involved in a self defense scenerio where you discharge your firearm that You would NEVER hit a bystander?

I notice that some have said the cop was reckless and/or should have left. The BG AIMED HIS GUN at the cop while holding his hostage as a shield. The cop has no way of knowing if/when the BG will pull the trigger. But if one is in the cops place, you MUST assume that since he is using a hostage as a shield and aims his gun at you he intends to shoot and you MUST respond. Or likely die. Many here follow the logic that "if your gun clears leather you better be prepared to use it". It logically follows that one subscribing to that philosophy MUST ASSUME that if a BG that pulls and aims a gun he INTENDS TO FIRE. You likely have only one choice.

For those that say that he could have just left, you weren't there. You have no idea if the BG trained the gun on him 2 minutes after the cop arrived or 10 seconds. Don't know if the BG blocked the point of egress or not. You weren't there, don't know.

And I wonder if not only will this guy have a heavy load to carry for the rest of his life, but one can only hope that he gets past it enough that if he faces a gun again with civilians near by that he doesn't hesitate and get shot and possibly killed. I feel sorry for all involved and prayers out to them.

Just my observations and $.02.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No, I'm waiting for you to be critical. Don't hold back, tell us how things should have gone based on your eyewitness interpretation of the incident.

I have no idea what your talking about and apparently neither do you :dunno: I have barely posted in this thread and when I have I was supportive of the officer (see post #64 and #178) and what may have happened. When did I ever give the impression that I was there and knew what happened? I don't know if you have me confused with somebody else or what, I don't know what to tell you.

Top Bottom