• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would personally like to thank all who voted this petulant child into office.......twice.
    I am amazed that any gun owner could ever think he was a friend of the people and for the 2A.
    What were you people thinking......or were you.....?????

I know an Obama supporter that claims the President is not against guns because there have been no national anti-gun laws by said President.

So, I guess failure is now a positive thing.
    Cause he sure seems to spew anti-gun crap every other time I hear him.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

I know an Obama supporter that claims the President is not against guns because there have been no national anti-gun laws by said President.

So, I guess failure is now a positive thing.
    Cause he sure seems to spew anti-gun crap every other time I hear him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would personally like to thank all who voted this petulant child into office.......twice.
    I am amazed that any gun owner could ever think he was a friend of the people and for the 2A.
    What were you people thinking......or were you.....?????

We could take this from the top...

1. Given that the Kenyan's grandmother claimed to have witnessed his birth in Kenya, and that he suggested as much himself prior to considering the run for president and the higher standards of eligibility, and the money and effort he has put into concealing any and all evidence on the subject, I simply cannot believe that this is eligible for office and have an extremely difficult time believing that people would vote for someone whose eligibility is suspect.

2. Just as Hitler gave way too much information for his own good in Mein Kampf, Obama did likewise in his two books. Unfortunately, in both cases, they were ignored. In both cases, there were more than enough good reasons clearly stated why neither man should have been elected dog catcher let along national leader.

3. Obama made it clear from the beginning that he intended to pursue a clearly anticonstitutional agenda.

4. Obama made it clear from the beginning that his basic position was to the left of the left wall, that he had no shame about it, and had no regard for traditional American values.

5. The 'Joe the Plumber' incident before his first election made it clear that he would tolerate no dissent as he opposed traditional American values and that, as with political enemies past, he would use proxies to make life unbearable miserable even for a humble plumber's assistant who dared to question him.

6. If there were any doubt, his 'Bitter Clingers' speech and his 'Punish our Enemies' speech should have made it abundantly clear that this man has no business in any position of authority. The office of President does NOT exist for the purpose of attacking citizens and/or punishing people for the audacity of having differing political views.

7. Obama has made it clear from the beginning that he is a sworn enemy of the Second Amendment. Why can we not take him at his word on this when he has demonstrated it to be true repetitively?

In the end, I can conclude that anyone who would have voted for Obama is on the dole, wants to be on the dole, is a committed enemy of the republic himself, or suffers from cognitive dissonance such as to be able to believe that this sociopath could possibly offer anything good.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The time has come for anyone that has ever claimed to support the 2nd Amend to show up and FULLY support it. No making excuses. No making compromises. If you are a member of this forum there should be no reason to do otherwise. Yes it is that important. The opposition has time and time again showed us their hand and there is absolutely no denying their intentions.

True...Unfortunately most will stand and accept continual infringement....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

None of this will curb gun violence as we are now seeing it. Smoke and mirrors.

I would say that how anyone votes is their right. Use it as you will. I and many in here will stand up for your right to do so.
    Just think before you use it. If these people are so ready to strip away your constitutional rights under the guise of safety and protection (none of this really exists) how long before they start to erode away the rest of what makes this country unique in all the world.
    These are seriously scary times.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    and there are the rest of us who recognize what that continual infringement can lead to and refuse to accept the premise that the anti crowd will stop at nothing less than a completely and utterly unacceptable total disarmament. I will not stand idly by and allow them to gut the 2nd Amendment like a fish.

Ever.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Absolutely right. There is no such thing as a reasonable restriction. Shall not be infringed means exactly that. Unfortunately, half the people who are supposedly on our side slink around like they are spreading a disease. How can anyone expect that to work out?

I would say that how anyone votes is their right. Use it as you will. I and many in here will stand up for your right to do so.
    Just think before you use it. If these people are so ready to strip away your constitutional rights under the guise of safety and protection (none of this really exists) how long before they start to erode away the rest of what makes this country unique in all the world.

Absolutely. The biggest problem I see is that most people on our side are still buying into the fiction that they are actually doing this for public safety, crime prevention, and so forth. The people actually pushing this, like Bloomberg, Shannon, the assorted D politicians and their sponsors, all understand full well that it is not only a fiction but a carefully engineered lie for the consumption of sheep who have their heads up their asses. There is no intent for public safety in any way, shape, or form. It is all about control through first imposing helplessness on us. The sooner that those on our side can get this through their heads, the better.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

I'm not advocating or endorsing this article by any means, I simply just wanted to share it as information as to what to expect possibly in the coming weeks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    By my estimations this is because "most" cry for their rights like spoiled children but refuse to take responsibility for those same rights.

You have that, and then the other side of the same coin is that they want rights for themselves but not for anyone else.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Doublethink
    Doublethink*is the act of ordinary people simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct*social contexts.[1]*Doublethink is related to, but differs from,*hypocrisy*and*neutrality. Somewhat related but almost the opposite is*cognitive dissonance, where contradictory beliefs cause conflict in one's mind. Doublethink is notable due to a lack of cognitive dissonance — thus the person is completely unaware of any conflict or contradiction.

George Orwell*created the word*doublethink*in his*dystopian*novel*Nineteen Eighty-Four*(1984); doublethink is part of*newspeak. In the novel, its origin within the typical citizen is unclear; while it could be partly a product of*Big Brother's formalbrainwashing*programmes,[2]*the novel explicitly shows people learning Doublethink and*newspeak*due to*peer pressure*and a desire to "fit in", or gain status within the Party — to be seen as a loyal Party Member. In the novel, for someone to even recognize – let alone mention – any contradiction within the context of the Party line was akin to*blasphemy, and could subject that someone to possible disciplinary action and to the instant social disapproval of fellow Party Members.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

Doublethink
    Doublethink*is the act of ordinary people simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct*social contexts.[1]*Doublethink is related to, but differs from,*hypocrisy*and*neutrality. Somewhat related but almost the opposite is*cognitive dissonance, where contradictory beliefs cause conflict in one's mind. Doublethink is notable due to a lack of cognitive dissonance — thus the person is completely unaware of any conflict or contradiction.

George Orwell*created the word*doublethink*in his*dystopian*novel*Nineteen Eighty-Four*(1984); doublethink is part of*newspeak. In the novel, its origin within the typical citizen is unclear; while it could be partly a product of*Big Brother's formalbrainwashing*programmes,[2]*the novel explicitly shows people learning Doublethink and*newspeak*due to*peer pressure*and a desire to "fit in", or gain status within the Party — to be seen as a loyal Party Member. In the novel, for someone to even recognize – let alone mention – any contradiction within the context of the Party line was akin to*blasphemy, and could subject that someone to possible disciplinary action and to the instant social disapproval of fellow Party Members.

Reminds me too of my favorite Twilight Zone Episode: "The Obsolete Man"

Top Bottom