• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you believe is the biggest factor in poor health?

• Food intake

Votes: 48 52.7%
    • Water pollution

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Environment (excluding food, water, meds, or illegal drugs)

Votes: 4 4.4%
    • Genetics

Votes: 12 13.2%
    • I don't really know

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Inactivity

Votes: 23 25.3%
    • just bacon

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's amazing, sir! I hope your health continues strong, and that no cancerous cells or inflammation result.
    That diet appears to be highly anti-inflammatory (unless it includes ingestion of a bunch of undisclosed seed oils and highly processed starches and sugars), and there is no evidence that such a diet causes cancer.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There's a lot of info out there that this isn't really correct. People who don't eat meat often have protein deficiencies and the plant based proteins rarely bridge the gap sufficiently. Look at our teeth and it'll tell you what God designed us to eat.

Also, it's recently come to light that all that "science" for the last few decades that talked about how bad red meat is for us humans is nothing but Left wing propaganda. We were designed for a balanced diet of meat, fish, veggies, fruits, legumes, nuts and such, not eating just one side or the other. A plant based diet is no more correct than the carnivore diet.
    I can all but guarantee that all such studies:

a) are purely epidemiological, which can do nothing more than suggest a relationship (correlation) and cannot establish that relationship as causal
    b) always conflate "red meat" and "processed meats"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can all but guarantee that all such studies:

a) are purely epidemiological, which can do nothing more than suggest a relationship (correlation) and cannot establish that relationship as causal
    b) always conflate "red meat" and "processed meats"

Don't know and don't care. All I know is that we've been told over and over how red meat is bad for us and it's all lies. Like anything, too much is bad for us, but that goes for everything, not just red meat in particular.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I wish I could break my desire for the processed sugars and foods in general, eat cleaner. I don’t eat a whole lot of meat compared to some I’m sure, but I’m sure not going to eat hardly any vegetables either, unless it’s corn, which has basically no redeemable value whatsoever. And I raise it!

The processed sugars are like nicotine.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good questions! It's actually BECAUSE of these same things that I learned 1) keep animals and unwashed human hands the hell away from your vegetables and 2) that we are omnivores, but primate omnivores (primates and omnivores in general rarely eat meat, yet we eat it daily, now, and have quite a bit to show for it, since we're not made to do that).
    Our digestive system is nothing at all like the primate digestive system.

But, do, please, wash your hands!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Don't know and don't care. All I know is that we've been told over and over how red meat is bad for us and it's all lies. Like anything, too much is bad for us, but that goes for everything, not just red meat in particular.
    I think what he’s trying topoint out is that the “red meat” they’ve told us about has been mixed with overproccesed stuff in the studies, to get their studies to come out the way they want them to.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Nobody is advocating a "meat only" diet. The point is, we are made to eat it.
    There's nothing wrong with a meat-only diet. If one were forced to choose, a meat-only diet would be in every way superior to a vegetable-only diet (much less, the modern "vegan" diet that is often full of highly processed starches/grains, rather than non-starchy vegetables).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think what he’s trying topoint out is that the “red meat” they’ve told us about has been mixed with overproccesed stuff in the studies, to get their studies to come out the way they want them to.

I get that. My comment is that regardless of how they got their outcome, it was BS. I don't need to know nor do I worry about the mechanics involved... ;)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yup, why can't the insulin enter the cell receptors? It's the fats, the lipids that block them, not sugars that make them too sticky . Get that fat outta your veins first, then you'll see the difference.
    It's not that the insulin can't access the cell receptors; rather, it's that the cells are already overstuffed with glucose. The serum triglycerides are an effect, not a cause, if insulin resistance.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If you were actually learning anything, you'd be posting about the main premise of this gun forum.

Instead you come on to our forum to promote your meatless monday sort of agenda. One that obviously goes over rather poorly here, as you knew when you started this.
    I often do meatless Sundays (and Tuesdays and Thursdays) - but only because those are routine fasting days on which I don't eat anything.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes, exactly. They are "studies" designed to produce a predetermined, desired end result.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep, my understanding is that carbs are treated the same in the body as sugar and therefore less bread is good. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this is also a lie... :rolleyes:
    Grains are starches. Starches are simply long chains of connected sugars. The body breaks down the long chains into their constituent sugars. So: yes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Drat. Now I'm sad... :crying:
    This is why eating "multigrain" or "whole grain" largely makes no difference whatsoever, if those grains are processed.

As much as possible, I focus on eating whole foods - mostly meat, but also a large variety of vegetables. I also don't consider grain to be a vegetable. (Perhaps the biggest issue with the Standard American Diet is that the top two "vegetables" by consumption are potatoes and corn - and those, almost entirely in processed forms.)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been trying to eat more salads as a side, or as a meal if I have meat to dice up and toss in. I don't use iceberg lettuce, but usually eat either just baby spinach or a mix of that and field greens. Top with diced peppers and carrots and cheese and try to be sparing with the dressing. I need to do that more than just once or twice a week. I also need to do that as a side with pasta dishes instead of garlic bread, which is my norm.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    ya’ll are getting trolled. Op said this in their intro thread, “But some things I prefer to DO rather than talk about. Like guns, hunting, fishing, and sports I prefer to do, and listen from others who are more experienced, but I don't really have a passion for talking about them.” They have zero interest in discussing the main topic of this forum. Op doesn’t want a conversation about healthy eating, every comment is backhanded. This entire thread reads like a Jehovah Witness interaction.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    ya’ll are getting trolled. Op said this in their intro thread, “But some things I prefer to DO rather than talk about. Like guns, hunting, fishing, and sports I prefer to do, and listen from others who are more experienced, but I don't really have a passion for talking about them.” They have zero interest in discussing the main topic of this forum. Op doesn’t want a conversation about healthy eating, every comment is backhanded. This entire thread reads like a Jehovah Witness interaction.
    That's the feeling I got from the beginning. Trolling.

Top Bottom