• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you believe is the biggest factor in poor health?

• Food intake

Votes: 48 52.7%
    • Water pollution

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Environment (excluding food, water, meds, or illegal drugs)

Votes: 4 4.4%
    • Genetics

Votes: 12 13.2%
    • I don't really know

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Inactivity

Votes: 23 25.3%
    • just bacon

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

pablanu3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2023
    Bedford
    Thanks brother! This is something that I saw a lot with vegetarians, that they'd eat a ton of fast carbs and milk products. And the same with vegans. Basically, the farther away you get from normal, unprocessed foods, the more likely you are to gain weight. If I ate white rice, deep fried pastries, fritters, potato chips, candies, used oils and salts in everything, and all other manner of other vegan junkfood, I'd put on weight, too. But no one has really asked me what we eat so far. And that is whole, plant-based foods (meaning the only "processing" has been picking, peeling or shelling by hand, and cooking). No added processed stuff (meaning no added oils, salts or sugars). The produce section, the bean barrels, and our backyard is the only place we get our food.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Thanks brother! This is something that I saw a lot with vegetarians, that they'd eat a ton of fast carbs and milk products. And the same with vegans. Basically, the farther away you get from normal, unprocessed foods, the more likely you are to gain weight. If I ate white rice, deep fried pastries, fritters, potato chips, candies, used oils and salts in everything, and all other manner of other vegan junkfood, I'd put on weight, too. But no one has really asked me what we eat so far. And that is whole, plant-based foods (meaning the only "processing" has been picking, peeling or shelling by hand, and cooking). No added processed stuff (meaning no added oils, salts or sugars). The produce section, the bean barrels, and our backyard is the only place we get our food.

We switched to a vegan diet (95%) for my diabetes and heart (heart attack in 2019) and I've gone from 245 down to 175. I haven't felt this good for 40 years and I just turned 66 last September. We stay away from most everything that is not grown in our garden or locally grown. The wife eats meat now and then and I'll have baked fish every now and then too.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    what about "healthy" oils, like EVO, or pink salt, sea salt? i try to stick with minimally processed food. Once in a while i get a craving for something , more "junky". If at home that would probably be organic popcorn popped in coconut oil, with some kerrygold butter and sea salt.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Considering my twin brother died a few days after his covid booster....do not go there. I am not your brother. It is not cool or trendy to use the term to try and be friendly.
    Did you have the same mother? Marry my sister? Did you serve with me? You have zero right to call me brother.

That aside. Be vegan. No one cares. Me I will never be vegan. I have hiked thousands of miles,and during that time I have meet plenty of vegans. They all had one thing in common on the Appalachian Trail,they all quit. The reasons varied,but the most common was a quickly deteriorating physical body or the lack of the mental fortitude to continue.

Be you. Why act? You want to be vegan just say it. The playing around at the start of this thread about health was just a set up to es-pew your message. We get it,and most(like 98% of humans) really do not want to hear it. It is not a superior life style. You do nothing better for the environment compared to someone who eats meat. It is in fact not even a superior diet to being an omnivore or carnivore. Sure you can find vegan run studies about how great it is,but the actual science is against it.

...and yes I came down hard. You needed someone to. You just happened to do something you likely take for granted trying to be friendly(still not your brother)...less than 4 months after my brothers death. At least I did it with social decorum.

Be well on your journey,and not many will likely join your cult.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Considering my twin brother died a few days after his covid booster....do not go there. I am not your brother. It is not cool or trendy to use the term to try and be friendly.
    Did you have the same mother? Did you serve with me? You have zero right to call me brother.

That aside. Be vegan. No one cares. Me I will never be vegan. I have hiked thousands of miles,and during that time I have meet plenty of vegans. They all had one thing in common on the Appalachian Trail,they all quit. The reasons varied,but the most common was a quickly deteriorating physical body or the lack of the mental fortitude to continue.

Be you. Why act? You want to be vegan just say it. The playing around at the start of this thread about health was just a set up to es-pew your message. We get it,and most(like 98% of humans) really do not want to hear it. It is not a superior life style. You do nothing better for the environment compared to someone who eats meat. It is in fact not even a superior diet to being an omnivore. Sure you can find vegan run studies about how great it is,but the actual science is against it.

...and yes I came down hard. You needed someone to. You just happened to do something you likely take for granted trying to be friendly(still not your brother)...less than 4 months after my brothers death. At least I did it with social decorum.

Be well on your journey,and not many will likely join your cult.
    I already asked the bot to stop with the brother crap.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I know this seems very simple. But I believe moderation of food, alcohol and other consumable items is important. Along with staying fit/active. Now of I've known people who have done that. And still end up sick, or with some horrible illness. We can't predict what is going to happen with our bodies. Just do the best job of staying fit and healthy. And make the most of everyday.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not that I would want to do a meet up with him anyway and have to listen to the vegan evangelism speech in real life.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep, got his 50, hasn't been back since…
    Yeah. Thats not how you do it. Hasnt been back in a week. :scratch:

7bxkaz.jpg

I wonder if he spent so much time proselytizing that the shiny got sold? :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got the 50 a week ago, made the PM he wanted to, and he was out would be my take on the events. I to suspect he did not get what he wanted. LOL
    Or he got what he wanted and that was it.

Sure seemed like a lot of effort for a shiny. :dunno:

But then again, you cant get vegans or crossfitters to shut up about that stuff so it was probably entertaining for him. LOL

Top Bottom