• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you believe is the biggest factor in poor health?

• Food intake

Votes: 48 52.7%
    • Water pollution

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Environment (excluding food, water, meds, or illegal drugs)

Votes: 4 4.4%
    • Genetics

Votes: 12 13.2%
    • I don't really know

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Inactivity

Votes: 23 25.3%
    • just bacon

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's nothing wrong with a meat-only diet. If one were forced to choose, a meat-only diet would be in every way superior to a vegetable-only diet (much less, the modern "vegan" diet that is often full of highly processed starches/grains, rather than non-starchy vegetables).
    "Meat only" was essentially what the plains Indians ate before they were forced onto reservations.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    This is why eating "multigrain" or "whole grain" largely makes no difference whatsoever, if those grains are processed.

As much as possible, I focus on eating whole foods - mostly meat, but also a large variety of vegetables. I also don't consider grain to be a vegetable. (Perhaps the biggest issue with the Standard American Diet is that the top two "vegetables" by consumption are potatoes and corn - and those, almost entirely in processed forms.)
    how do you feel about bread made with sprouted grains? I've done KETO and low carb, but sometimes i just want a cheeseburger on a bun, a taco, or a pizza. I try to stay as "clean" as possible most of the time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never been a vegetarian in my life, brother! People might say what I eat is similar to what a vegan might eat (that is, if it ain't grown from God's good earth, then I don't want it), but the difference is it's not a religion for me, but pragmatics (health and self-sustainability), taste, and lifestyle.
    And yet here you are, getting an account on a gun forum to proselytize.

Sounds like pushing religion to me…

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    ya’ll are getting trolled. Op said this in their intro thread, “But some things I prefer to DO rather than talk about. Like guns, hunting, fishing, and sports I prefer to do, and listen from others who are more experienced, but I don't really have a passion for talking about them.” They have zero interest in discussing the main topic of this forum. Op doesn’t want a conversation about healthy eating, every comment is backhanded. This entire thread reads like a Jehovah Witness interaction.
    That's the great thing about a forum: the rest of us can still have a conversation.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    how do you feel about bread made with sprouted grains? I've done KETO and low carb, but sometimes i just want a cheeseburger on a bun, a taco, or a pizza. I try to stay as "clean" as possible most of the time.
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I choose simply to eschew bread as a general rule. I suspect that there must be less-unhealthy ways to make bread, given the historical societies that lived/thrived on bread (e.g. biblical-era cultures, "daily bread", etc.). But, I've not looked into it much/at all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I do chaffles as a bread replacement. A lot of variations and a ton of YouTubes on them. Basically cheese, eggs, almond flour, etc.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still can't figure out why I'm wanting to live longer if I can't eat the Glorious BBQ or grill me up a ribeye.

Meat over fire is where it's at.
    The only reason the caveman ate leaves and berries was to hold him over until he could get his spear sharpened.

A guy asks a doctor how long he will live​

renderTimingPixel.png

So the doctor, looking at his clipboard and taking notes, begins to ask him a series of questions.
    Doc: Do you eat red meat?
    Patient: No
    Doc: Do you smoke cigarettes, cigars, or a pipe?
    Doc: Do you use any illicit drugs?
    Doc: Do you drink beer or hard liquor?
    Patient: Nope
    Doc: Do you have any hobbies or do any activities that are risky like bungee jumping or sky diving?
    Patient: No, that stuff scares me.
    Doc: Do you have multiple sexual partners?
    Patient: Nope, currently single and not looking.
    Doc: Do you drive a fast car like a Porsche or Corvette?
    Patient: Nope, a Toyota Camry.
    Doc: Okay
    Patient: So doctor, how long will I live?
    Doc: {Looking up from clipboard} Why does it ****ing matter? Your life is boring!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Our digestive system is nothing at all like the primate digestive system.

But, do, please, wash your hands!
    Which primate? And what are you? Humans belong to the order primates.
    They sell keto buns and tortillas. That's what my wife uses. They also sell keto/low carb pizza and dough, but they generally list the carbs for a serving which is pretty dang small. I've been thinking of trying this stuff it's only 1 gram net carbs per serving, but a serving is 1/8 of a 12" pizza... My wife usually uses a couple of keto tortillas and tops them like a pizza.
    Amazon product ASIN B0B3YG1RSV

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Which primate? And what are you? Humans belong to the order primates.

They sell keto buns and tortillas. That's what my wife uses. They also sell keto/low carb pizza and dough, but they generally list the carbs for a serving which is pretty dang small. I've been thinking of trying this stuff it's only 1 gram net carbs per serving, but a serving is 1/8 of a 12" pizza... My wife usually uses a couple of keto tortillas and tops them like a pizza.
    Amazon product ASIN B0B3YG1RSV
    i've tried some, but didn't care for them. Some of the ingredients aren't always so "clean". I do like almond flour for certain things.

Top Bottom