• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The term "Frankengun" to me, was just different manufacturer upper/lower and or bbl.

Stuff with a bunch of sheite hanging off it..........is just sheite.............falls under the term "tacticool".

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Consider the worth of the opinion the person who's making the criticism holds with you. The reality is there is a reason why what your shooting is in your hands, embrace that reason. Long and short of it all, there are real pieces of **** home assembled AR's out there. Notice how I say assembled, don't give yourself credit for a build when all you did was assemble pieces. On the other hand there are some great home brew rigs out there too, and both the same can be said about factory built rifles. And all that is irrelevant because I'm much more impressed by skill than equipment.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Shut up and shoot. Let your scores do the talking.

Same thing for hunting.........guys crack on this and or that, or on the deer's size.

As long as it was taken in legal sport and you put the bullet or arrow on the mark, tell the A holes to kindly F off.

A big buck with an arrow in the arse is not a trophy.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Let to the party but I'm guessing it's because you were in a gun store where people love to talk.
    On the range shooting for rifleman (at 25 y or 400y), I don't believe I've ever heard someone comment on 'frankenrifles'. And all of mine are.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm a gun aficionado. It's one level higher in thinking than gun snob. A gun snob's mind closes at a certain level, where as an aficionado's begins to open at that level and embrace the Zen behind it all. A snob only knows the hardware portion and not the passion behind it all.

I'm at a higher state of being.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let to the party but I'm guessing it's because you were in a gun store where people love to talk.
    On the range shooting for rifleman (at 25 y or 400y), I don't believe I've ever heard someone comment on 'frankenrifles'. And all of mine are.

Roby.....I have seen your AR beat the steel gong at way past the distances most believe they will be accurate.
    Sams as well.
    "G" man beat the gong at 365 with a Chinese knock off SKS. Steel sights. Lots of elevation and it took him a few but bingo.
    All of those rifles ran perfectly all day at all the distances we set up at.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh boy. We're running the gamut from drooling knuckle draggers all the way up to aficionados. This thread is going places. Atleast I'm glad to see that there is a class higher than snob that can look down the bridge of their nose at them for awhile.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh boy. We're running the gamut from drooling knuckle draggers all the way up to aficionados. This thread is going places. Atleast I'm glad to see that there is a class higher than snob that can look down the bridge of their nose at them for awhile.

When I 1st joined here I was pretty much stuck on a given path. No wavering. None.
    Now, since being exposed to all levels of the passion I have softened and became open to new ideas (to me) and able to be open minded about them.
    I have actually owned several 9mm CZ's and a carbine in the last year. That never would have happened before Ingo.....never.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When I 1st joined here I was pretty much stuck on a given path. No wavering. None.
    Now, since being exposed to all levels of the passion I have softened and became open to new ideas (to me) and able to be open minded about them.
    I have actually owned several 9mm CZ's and a carbine in the last year. That never would have happened before Ingo.....never.
    I hear what you're sayin CM. I'm a believer that one should always seek to expand their horizons. That last post was meant more as a light-hearted jest poking fun at how seriously some people take this class warfare thing. We can all learn from each other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hear what you're sayin CM. I'm a believer that one should always seek to expand their horizons. That last post was meant more as a light-hearted jest poking fun at how seriously some people take this class warfare thing. We can all learn from each other.

I saw that and it brought out a smile and the thoughts I shared in my last post.

Hard headed 1911/AR guy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Leadeye and Rolex...

If either of y'all need an heir to your estate, let me know. I know a guy... A guy who longs to be an aficionado but not even on a beer budget. heh

Me? I buy what I want at a price I can swallow (sometimes). I may even buy with the PLAN of upgrading a part or two down the road; but due to constraints, it's easier to spend $100 or $200 than it is to spend $2000+

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    On my phone couldn't read all the replies.

I took it the same way as reloaded ammo, your home build is not the same as the professionals.

I don't shoot someone else reloaded ammo, because I just don't know how you did to yours.

I modify my cars, but I will not buy a modified car unless it's done by the manufacturer.

I have sold my home built AR, in separate upper and lower halves.

Top Bottom