• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Who are these twerps you speak of?
    And how does he know what the posters abilities are?
    gotta love the penny pinchers who try to justify their poor buying decisions. Like the people who waste their money on Chinese **** for their actualy nice rifles. And then try to claim it's just as good as a real surefire or a eotech or Aimpoint Ect, uh huh sure it is buddy. Your knuckles are dragging the ground

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    gotta love the penny pinchers who try to justify their poor buying decisions. Like the people who waste their money on Chinese **** for their actualy nice rifles. And then try to claim it's just as good as a real surefire or a eotech or Aimpoint Ect, uh huh sure it is buddy. Your knuckles are dragging the ground
    I see you've experienced the JAGA* crowd as well! I gots me this aympoynt syte for $45 shipped! No, it's not made in Sweden, it was a speshul contract for this super secret unit, and had to be stamped made in China for security reasons.

*JAGA= Just As Good As

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see you've experienced the JAGA* crowd as well! I gots me this aympoynt syte for $45 shipped! No, it's not made in Sweden, it was a speshul contract for this super secret unit, and had to be stamped made in China for security reasons.

*JAGA= Just As Good As
    :rofl:
    have you been tape recording my conversations? Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Whew.....for a second there I was afraid you were were referring to me......I just checked, knuckles are clearing the ground. Not by much but yeah, I am good.......:):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep. These types of discussions always follow the same course time and time again. Why would anyone think another one would end up any differently? As for me personally I don't try to represent anything that I own as being any less or any more than what it is and that suits me right down to the ground.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Frankenguns? I suppose all those M-1's people are coveting and buying from the CMP are Frankenguns, too, since they damn sure aren't the same matched sets of parts they were when they were new. This is why guns have been modular (built from interchangeable parts) since around the Civil War. If you're not risking anyone's life or screwing up a class by building crap, who gives a rat's ass if the other guy's gun is an ugly jam-o-matic? It's his problem, not mine. I'm glad he's got a rifle; he'll figure it all out in good time if things aren't running well.

BTW, I always thought of "Frankenguns" as AR's with lots of appendages (mounted accessories).

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Frankenguns? I suppose all those M-1's people are coveting and buying from the CMP are Frankenguns, too, since they damn sure aren't the same matched sets of parts they were when they were new. This is why guns have been modular (built from interchangeable parts) since around the Civil War. If you're not risking anyone's life or screwing up a class by building crap, who gives a rat's ass if the other guy's gun is an ugly jam-o-matic? It's his problem, not mine. I'm glad he's got a rifle; he'll figure it all out in good time if things aren't running well.

BTW, I always thought of "Frankenguns" as AR's with lots of appendages (mounted accessories).
    I really think that's what everyone has said, but you always have the just as good as crowd as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Good post. The modularity of an AR is part of it's design as well. That's not to say that one must'nt take proper care to properly assemble the best quality they can produce when considering a home built but after all is said and done that's all it is.

Home built.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just reviewed all of mine. Save for 1 they are all build up's from selected parts and pieces. Fit up with attention to detail.

I will run any of them with a factory build. No knock at all on how you do yours. Buy/build/etc.

Guys, keep buying the new ones. Support the manf. of your choosing. Free market and thank the founders for this luxury.

Knuckle draggers (me...:):) keep building and honing your skills. Sitting on the bench will do nothing for your skill sets. Support the after market.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hi churchmouse.

AR's would be more fun if they had wings and glow plug engines. ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You build your own guns and hot rod things instead of leaving them stock.....I don't believe it :shady:

I just reviewed all of mine. Save for 1 they are all build up's from selected parts and pieces. Fit up with attention to detail.

I will run any of them with a factory build. No knock at all on how you do yours. Buy/build/etc.

Guys, keep buying the new ones. Support the manf. of your choosing. Free market and thank the founders for this luxury.

Knuckle draggers (me...:):) keep building and honing your skills. Sitting on the bench will do nothing for your skill sets. Support the after market.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Right on CM. I'm in the process of completing two builds that I have every confidence they will perform up to my expectations. I changed a factory built AR with an M4 carbine barrel and carbine buffer/adjustable butt stock assembly over to an SPR type with an 18" rifle length barrel/Fixed A2 rifle length buttstock assembly. The other one is a CQB type build. That's the beauty of exploring the modularity of the AR design.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Shops sell guns. The market tends to want stuff not pieced together....proly what gets the skinny jeans AR fans miffed more than the term "Frankengun".

I don't see the term as offensive. It is what it is.

I have two Franekbuild AR's. Like 'em just fine. Gonna shoot the p*ss out of them, didn't put them together for resale or to impress somebody.
    Built mine to actually use.

Pretty rich................guy builds a rifle then whines because somebody hurt his feelings.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom