Harriet Tubman is your potential replacement for Jackson on the $20 bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    She was incredibly courageous and, through great personal daring and sacrifice, she supported freedom though action, not just words. I applaud her selection for this honor.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just read some really good tasteless jokes regarding the bill change. I'd even share them if we didn't have so many SJWs around here.

Yeah, you should probably keep those to yourself, but don't let me hinder your First Amendment rights. :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just read some really good tasteless jokes regarding the bill change. I'd even share them if we didn't have so many SJWs around here.

SJWs?
    So what do Single Jewish Whites have to do with anything and how did we get so many around here? :dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Why? I mean, I'm all for tasteless jokes, but not so much about real people.

I wouldn't make jokes at the expense of Harriet Tubman because I look up to and respect her. While Andrew Jackson was a tough guy with some good qualities, the whole slaver/Indiana killer/SC invader thing makes me more that willing to have some fun at his expense and I have no problem with him being replaced.

Plus, I have a lot more respect for HT's use of firearms to defend and free the poor and oppressed than I do for AJ's famous duels.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I want Crazy Horse or Sitting Bull on the bills. Or Crispus Attucks. Most any heroic American man will do, really. Wolves, bears or eagles would be OK. Maybe even an angry turkey or a badger?

Ultimately, I want no dames on my money. And yes, I'm chauvinist. PENILE PRIDE, BROTHERS!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If I owned a studio in Hollywood, now is the time to do an Andy Jackson movie. Regardless of the type of person he was, he most certainly had an interesting life.

He hated Davy Crockett...Crockett was against the removal of the natives east of the Mississippi (and Jackson wasn't at all)..He felt that most of the tribes had assimilated into our society quite well. Once when he was bad sick he was found in the woods and nursed back to health by a Chickasaw family at their cabin...He felt they were no different than the other frontier families trying to make a living and should be treated the same..Jackson backed Crockett's opponent and helped paint Crockett as an "Injun lover" and he lost his reelection bid to congress...Crockett then famously said in response to a question from a reporter asking "What about your constituents?' Crockett replied, "My constituency can all go to Hell...I'm going to Texas.."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think she is a good choice.
    I'm just worried they'll decide to reface all the bill, and ruin it like they've done with some recent navy ships.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I want Crazy Horse or Sitting Bull on the bills. Or Crispus Attucks. Most any heroic American man will do, really. Wolves, bears or eagles would be OK. Maybe even an angry turkey or a badger?

Ultimately, I want no dames on my money. And yes, I'm chauvinist. PENILE PRIDE, BROTHERS!!!

How about Chief Running Antelope? This is the bill that first got me started on collecting old money years ago.

View attachment 46816

It's not that deep. People have been replaced regularly on U.S. currency.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

Thanks for the link. I think people don't realize just how often currency used to change since it has remained the same for so long, and that fuels some of the angst that we are seeing now. A few years back I saw a presentation on money that a teacher's father did as the 5th graders began discussing the topic. I remember learning that Washington used to be on the $20, then learned about his wife Martha being on the $1. I was hooked when I saw the Indian chief noted above and began collecting paper money myself. My favorite is the "educational" series of bills, the $1 has George AND Martha on the reverse side. The entire series of bills are works of art, just google "1896 education notes".

View attachment 46817View attachment 46818

Obviously, I'm pretty excited about all of the changes!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How about Sammy Davis? This is just a move to appease people.

I'm in....

Sammy_zps5d0df86d.jpg

1766694a41d8e595e62dc82bba670f4e.jpg

img_0989.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Sammy left this Colt to famous quick draw artist Bob Munden....

Top Bottom