Harriet Tubman is your potential replacement for Jackson on the $20 bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The bill formerly known as the $20...

5o9YK_GZ.jpg

Would that be a $19.99 bill?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We could return to images of Lady Liberty for coins and currency, but sadly most do not give a damn about Liberty any longer.

Dead mortals are much more popular than Liberty.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    But of course...
    WASHINGTON — Harriet Tubman — former slave, abolitionist, “conductor” on the Underground Railroad — will not become the face of the $20 bill until after President Trump leaves office, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/us/harriet-tubman-bill.html

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. This is a carefully-constructed Fake News story by the NY Times. The revised twenty was always a long time in coming. It certainly was never going to be available before 2024. But you know, Trump is racist/sexist and Orange Man Bad!

Source: Money Magazine, April 21, 2016: It Could Be a Decade Before You Hold a Harriet Tubman $20 Bill In Your Hand
    It could be a decade or more before the bill is actually in circulation.

The problem is the slow pace at which the U.S. government typically moves to adopt change, according to Wired. In a letter posted on Medium, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will unveil new looks for the $5, $10 and $20 bills in 2020 in honor of the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage.

The new bills won’t go into circulation then, however; they’ll merely be shown to the public. It could take many more years to pass before the average American has a wallet full of Harriet Tubman $20s.

The hold-up is in part due to security concerns: The blue anti-counterfeit strip on the $100 bill took 15 years to develop. The Treasury is also committed to making the new bills more accessible for the visually impaired, meaning that they may have to develop new texture details.

Here is what the NY Times said about the updated bills when Obama was in office:
    The final redesigns will be unveiled in 2020, the centennial of the 19th Amendment establishing women’s suffrage, and will not go into wide circulation until later in the decade, starting with the new $10 note. The unexpectedly ambitious proposals reflect Mr. Lew’s tortuous attempt to expedite the process and win over critics who have lodged conflicting demands

The NY Times article that Kutnupe14 points to has a false title that should be retracted: Harriet Tubman $20 Bill Is Delayed Until Trump Leaves Office, Mnuchin Says. There is no delay and the process is still moving forward. It is a good thing that that the Times didn't use quotes because Mnuchin didn't use the words "Until Trump Leaves Office". But stating it that way implies that Trump is delaying it, rather than it would never have been out before he left office.

Do not believe the NY Times. It is a Fake News outlet that is regularly debunked using actual quotes, used in context and with cited non-anonymous sources. Their article is quite short of all three.

Edit: Want to know where this false narrative started? Here is an analysis that identifies it: Is it any wonder no one trusts the media?. Note again, the citations, non-anonymous sources and quotes used in context. If only the NY Times would learn such features of journalism.

Want to see what Mnuchin actually said? Here is a short video of his testimony:
    [video=youtube;MSDj3iW529I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSDj3iW529I[/video]

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. This is a carefully-constructed Fake News story by the NY Times. The revised twenty was always a long time in coming. It certainly was never going to be available before 2024. But you know, Trump is racist/sexist and Orange Man Bad!

Source: Money Magazine, April 21, 2016: It Could Be a Decade Before You Hold a Harriet Tubman $20 Bill In Your Hand

Here is what the NY Times said about the updated bills when Obama was in office:

The NY Times article that Kutnupe14 points to has a false title that should be retracted: Harriet Tubman $20 Bill Is Delayed Until Trump Leaves Office, Mnuchin Says. There is no delay and the process is still moving forward. It is a good thing that that the Times didn't use quotes because Mnuchin didn't use the words "Until Trump Leaves Office". But stating it that way implies that Trump is delaying it, rather than it would never have been out before he left office.

Do not believe the NY Times. It is a Fake News outlet that is regularly debunked using actual quotes, used in context and with cited non-anonymous sources. Their article is quite short of all three.

Edit: Want to know where this false narrative started? Here is an analysis that identifies it: Is it any wonder no one trusts the media?. Note again, the citations, non-anonymous sources and quotes used in context. If only the NY Times would learn such features of journalism.

Don't be killing the racist's joy.

Agrv8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    It spends all the same, no matter who’s face is on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You know, we've had wemans on bills before but none of us are old enough to remember.

Right ChurchMouse?

yApyeNc.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump administration has made it sound like this won't happen until 2028. Which strikes me as odd, because Harriet Tubman was a Republican...

I wondered when someone would bring that up... and Jackson was a Democrat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can't we take "In God We Trust" off the currency? It's really about time isn't it!? Separation of church and state.

ALSO: Why do we still have "The United States of America" on there?
    I mean REALLY this nation was founded on genocide of one type or another.
    WHY are we memorializing it?
    Also, the $20 has "THE WHITE HOUSE" on the back... and we KNOW who lives there. All of my $20's have an nasty orange hue as a result. They need to be redesigned & reprinted IMMEDIATELY.

In God We Trust didn't appear on money until 1957. Just an FYI.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Just making sure I heard it right, but does he say, in reference to the 20 Dollar Bill, that the "Ten" and the "Fifty," which are both redesigns will come out "beforehand?" So it certainly begs the question "why?". One should also note that the bill was originally scheduled to be unveiled in 2020, to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the 19th amendment, and that the president called the replacing of Jackson with Tubman was "pure political correctness." To me, and noting Trumps apparent aversion to political correctness, there would seem to be a tad bit of opposition to the change from the president. And if something was originally scheduled to be out one year 2020, and then it is pushed back, I'd call that "delayed."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In God We Trust didn't appear on money until 1957. Just an FYI.

Yes I know.
    BUT we all know what God was being referenced here. It's not very inclusive to other cultures.

I notice you didn't reference the rest of my comment... We must be in agreement. :yesway:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just making sure I heard it right, but does he say, in reference to the 20 Dollar Bill, that the "Ten" and the "Fifty," which are both redesigns will come out "beforehand?" So it certainly begs the question "why?".

He clearly states that he is focused on security issues. I would suggest that if you actually want to know the answer to your question then you should start researching what the security issues are with the current designs and the potential fixes. The 20 dollar bill has long been a favorite of counterfeiters, so I would guess the answer lies in an ongoing problem, or the success, or failures, of previous redesigns.
    If you just want to bash Trump, then stick with the crap from the msm.

Top Bottom