LightVsDark.jpg

I choose Dark Side :D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Must....Spread....More....Rep........ Someone hit him for me!

"What are you afraid of?"

1. Tyranny
    2. Penises. Actually, naked men in general.
    3. Running out of bourbon.
    4. Fat women in minivans talking on their cellphones.
    5. The general lack of reverence in my country for natural rights.
    6. Busybodies in grocery stores.

I would probably have rephrased this to "The general lack of reverence in our country today for our constitutional rights".... but semantics aside, well said sir... well said..

"Why do you carry a gun?"

1. Because, as I go about my day there may come a moment when I need to shoot someone. If I don't have a gun, it will be very difficult to do so.
    2. Because the World is just a little bit safer when I'm armed.

The first made me chuckle because it's humorous... the second made me chuckle because it's true.

Just think of how much safer our country would be if all good men stood up to the job of being good citizens.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Lady: "EXCUSE ME...WHY do you have a gun at your hip?"

Me: "Because it chafes anywhere else."

Lady: "Why do you have a gun? You are not a cop."

Me: "Because I've taken the burden of responsibility to be lawfully-equipped for the protection of both you & I, on the rare chance we're assaulted by thugs."

Me: "I don't hear a 'Thank you'..."

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Ignorance can be corrected, you can't fix stupid. The lady was ignorant, as are most anti-gun folks. Good response to her ignorance. Being rude or vulgar only confirms what she ignorantly already believes about gun owners. If there is a next time, consider pointing out that holders of the LCTH must pass a background check to confirm no criminal history. It's the people that don't carry you need to worry about.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mean while in Bizzarro World, there's a pious, self righteous, intellectually superior woman typing an entry into INGunHaters.com that could go something like this.............

"Well! There I was minding my own business and I saw this, this, Barney Fife wanna be at the grocery store today. He was standing there with his finger up his nose digging for his lunch--I thought I was going to be sick-- and if that weren't bad enough I then noticed he had a dangerous looking firearm strapped to his side. So I just marched myself over there and gave him a piece of my mind! I must have used too many big words though, because I don't think he understood me. He just stood there with the biggest, dooffiest look on his face while I was trying to educate him on the dangers of firearms. Then he just mumbled something incoherent and slouched away. What a moron!"

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    *whispered tone* I need protection from the lettuce. *looks around, continue whispered tone* It can hear us.

Run, run, the lettuce can hear us! *run down the aisle*

Now that's just stupid, lettuce can't hear you. CORN can hear you 'cause its got "ears" :laugh: (Been listening to too many jokes from my kids, sorry!).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, no, the corn is just at the listening post. The true threat is the lettuce.

Listen, you can hear them, plotting, squatting in the garden growing stronger, waiting for its day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Sorry, ma'am, but I just came from the Walgreens next door. You wouldn't BELIEVE the crazy (stuff) over there!"

:)

But seriously - taking the high road is the best bet. Although, something humorous like the "cop too heavy" line might work, too. ;)

Top Bottom