• ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    004329_24.jpg

You shouldn't touch me lady. My mother touched me like that once...ONCE.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What I find funny about these kinds of people is they are terrified of guns and they are too stupid to realize they are starting an argument with a person carrying a gun.

It shows just how wrong in the head they are.

Remember the answer to the question “Are you a cop?” is “I’m not with the police department.”

I’ve never been approached by someone in this manner, yet, but I feel that completely ignoring them would be much more powerful.

Some people you just cannot educate, especially ones with viewpoints so strong they would try to argue with a complete stranger.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    "What are you afraid of?"

"Nothing, I use this on rude ignorant women who ask stupid questions. Guess who is next."

:D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    She acknowledged that cops exist and they carry guns.

She asked what you were afraid of and what do you need protection from.

By her logic cops should not exist since there is nothing to be afraid of or need protection from.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    What I find funny about these kinds of people is they are terrified of guns and they are too stupid to realize they are starting an argument with a person carrying a gun.

I was just thinking this same thing earlier today.

"There is a crazy, scared lunatic with a gun at the meat counter and I think he might just lose it and start killing people! I'm going to go tell him I think he's stoooopid." :dunno:

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    What are you afraid of?

Lady:What are you afraid of?
    You:Simple assault.
    Lady: Huh?
    Me: and you are looking pretty scary.
    Lady: Excuse me?
    You: (yelling at the top of your lungs) I"M in fear of my life this lady just assaulted me.
    Lady: (greatly confused) uhh?
    You: You look like your from Illinois do you have one of those rape whistles the police over there give you?
    You: No, don't touch me again. Stop touching me there.
    You: RAPE RAPE RAPE
    You: Keep blowing the whistle until help arrives. Take her to court as sue her for the stupid that got transferred from the spit on the whistle.

Open and shut case

(Oh wait, stupid isn't a transmitted disease.... it should be because it can be spread orally. Oh wait {I can't find the purple})

Edited to add: I found the purple. See following
    Purple

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I believe she had one... and if im not mistaken AZ doesnt require you to have a license if you OC.

A firearm wont help you if you dont carry it, even to dem rallies.

AZ Does not require a license or permit at all, so long as you lawfully possess the gun.

There have been many answers suggested, but none, I think, better than the OP's actual response. Well done. "Have a good day" and walking away left her nothing on which to hang her hat, so to speak. A smart-ass remark, a "crazy" ("the lettuce can HEAR us!") response, or a loud vocal one such as "STOP TOUCHING ME" would only add fuel to her mistaken impression of us. Imagine the post she'd have made over on Daily Kos or Huffington Post about confronting the big, bad gun owner. With this as described, she can spin it to say that he just had no answer at all or she can lie and say he "sputtered off" or even that he loudly berated her (hey, I said she was lying...), but she could not escape the fact that he proved himself a level-headed individual. She just failed to admit to herself that she already knew that, else she'd never have confronted him.

@IamaClone45: "I'm not with the police department": Might I suggest, "I'm not with the local police, no Ma'am." with a little smile. If you need to elaborate for some reason, "I'm responsible for the safety of someone very important." Of course, that person is yourself. I think that tends to legitimize her apparent belief that only those employed to provide protection should be armed.

I also like the response, "You are welcome to your opinion", but that is in no way better than just "Have a good day." Again, OP: Well done.

Blessings,
    Bill

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Ask Gabriell Gifford if she wishes a LCTH was carrying that day in Arizona....

There was a gun near by that day, but by the time he arrived from around the corner, they had already subdued the shooter. He never cleared his holster.

On topic, OP did the right thing. Keep it classy when people ask. You are a representative of gun owners, and the last thing you want to do is leave a bad impression.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    I certainly am not the type to start a scene or get angry, but I just can't imagine being polite to people such as this. I probably would have told her I don't really give a F*** about her opinion and walked away. I know, not clever or original, but I am rarely clever or original until about 60 seconds after it is too late.

(No, I don't OC…not because I object to it, because I am not comfortable with it)

Top Bottom