• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Geez, I love the KMart lawyering and cop bashing already.

1. Cops don't have rights. They have authority.

2. A police officer has the authority to stop and detain anyone, disarm them, cuff them, pat them down, identify them, and pose a limited number of questions to them. This would include viewing and confirming the validity of one's driver's license and LTCH.
    snip.

No, they do not. You are spouting half assed crap. They have the right to do so in a limited number of circumstances. Outside those circumstances, I am free to go unless they inform me I am detained, at which point they had BETTER be able to articulate which crime they suspect I committed. What they THINK the law is doesn't matter a f****** bit. Even if the officer cannot be held liable for their violation of my civil rights, their department will be paying for my boy's college fund and my retirement.

Don't like it, tough ****. This is America, and police officers do not have the powers of Stasi.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well all in all I think it was a positive encounter for Indiana gun owners and carriers alike... I still have my weapons, my licence and my life! deputy TIM DAVIS of the the marion county sheriffs dept looks like a complete ass in front of his children... "Life was good today"

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    No, they do not. You are spouting half assed crap. They have the right to do so in a limited number of circumstances. Outside those circumstances, I am free to go unless they inform me I am detained, at which point they had BETTER be able to articulate which crime they suspect I committed. What they THINK the law is doesn't matter a f****** bit. Even if the officer cannot be held liable for their violation of my civil rights, their department will be paying for my boy's college fund and my retirement.

Don't like it, tough ****. This is America, and police officers do not have the powers of Stasi.

Well said!

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    yes, after I asked to see his identification, he asked to see mine. I was doing nothing more than being compliant and holding my ground at the same time... I have to work the graveyard shift at my hotel in a few... Thanks everyone for chiming in your 2 cents...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    "Officer Safety" :rolleyes:

It seems the off duty officer was the only one being a butt in the situation.

Officer safety is not a reason to handle a gun when it's much safer in the holster. A gun in a holster can't go BANG, a gun being handled can.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    A whole number of individuals don't believe that the law as presented here tonight, compels one to obey it.

Oh well......the Ron White theory of human behavior just has been proven once again.

Well, that is why there are normally two sets of lawyers in court. I have my opinion of who followed the law, and they have theirs. I just hope that my lawyer is better.

Reading what the OP had to say, the LEO jumped the gun and didnt have any reason to suspect that a crime was taking place.

OP shoulda kept his yap shut and not given an inch.

Definitely call a supervisor to get a spotlight shined on this penis of a cop.

If someone crawls up his rear, maybe he will start to give a crap about harassing law abiding citizens.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    The bigger question is can any of these cops read, it says right on the pink piece of paper, License to Carry Handgun, nowhere does it say concealed.

Yeah, that stymied the officer I dealt with last year. He then muttered he was sure it used to say concealed and then continued to tell me how bad my decision to OC was.

Top Bottom