• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I wasn't nice in my reactions to him. I know this isn't equal to breaking his thumb or a spinning drop-kick with a 360 flip heel to the temple or something.... but I'm sure he noticed my sudden change in dimeanor and attitude.

i26967_BarbozaEtimKOallangles.gif

Edit: I'm a well-trimmed and professional-looking person. I'm right there with you - How the hell could he assume that I'm NOT an off-duty LEO or something?

:popcorn:

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    An immediate pistol whippin' was probably in order here. :cool:

Next time you go in, carry a rolled up newspaper and a squirt bottle to keep him at bay. :D

Yes sir ! Mr. Paranoid would have been put into a rather painful wrist lock and introduced the ground. I am shocked he had the nerve to touch your firearm.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This thread is odd.

1. I find all the ... chest thumping predictable. "I would have done this, and this, and this...with a flying kick to the groin after saying something witty and including the word huckleberry". Where the OP has shown how people truly react, in a very non-chuck norris type of way.

2. OCing never causes issues that CC would prevent. Never.

3. I think this thread is going to turn out, where the OP will say it never happened, and he was just trying to bait CC proponents into an anti OC argument. It has all the marks. A: Walmart B: Midgets C: Gun grabs Just a feeling.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This thread is odd.

1. I find all the ... chest thumping predictable. "I would have done this, and this, and this...with a flying kick to the groin after saying something witty and including the word huckleberry". Where the OP has shown how people truly react, in a very non-chuck norris type of way.

2. OCing never causes issues that CC would prevent. Never.

3. I think this thread is going to turn out, where the OP will say it never happened, and he was just trying to bait CC proponents into an anti OC argument. It has all the marks. A: Walmart B: Midgets C: Gun grabs Just a feeling.

This, but add: The OP stated that he knows the guy is 'handicapped', and what I read into that is 'mental capacity', not just vertically challenged. Maybe I'm an old softie, but I cut the *clinically* mentally 'handicapped' a LOT of slack. *Clinically*, vs. everyone else at WalMart, for clarification. I shudder to think of the articles that would have been written if one of us had issued the beatdown some are calling for on this guy. "Gun nut beats mentally challenged man for pointing out that his gun was showing, more on page 12."

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Whether OC or CC it is a win for a person to carry. Regardless of mental capacity, if the guy is really MRDD he has no business being in the position he is in.

He very easily put the OP, himself, and potentially others in danger. The OP was well within his rights to carry there, and this guy tried to touch his sidearm. That is a no no whether OC or CC.

I'm glad you had the wherewithal to not put the guy in a wrist lock, but I can honestly say that is the first thing I would've done.

Chuck Norris aside, you need to go have the manager pull the films and explain that this can be construed as battery and you would like for it NOT to happen again. If the manager is flippant request a copy and press charges.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes sir ! Mr. Paranoid would have been put into a rather painful wrist lock and introduced the ground. I am shocked he had the nerve to touch your firearm.

I agree.
    This guy he's lucky he's still alive.How can someone that stupid survive in this world? :dunno:

A wrist/arm lock and a take down would have been the bare minimal response from me.
    You dont let anyone grab your gun even if it's not a "real threat".
    If he fights back then a edge weapon comes into play to make sure he stays on the ground or the gun comes out of the holster.

I dont know what are the legalities of someone grabbing your gun but I would have no problem hurting that person pretty bad if he did that, including the use of edge weapons for weapon retention.

I mean try doing that to a cop in the street.
    You would most likely have your wrist broken, maybe stabed, tased, shot.
    I think the average citizen has the same rights to self defense and that you should not respond lightly to someone grabbing your gun, no matter what's the reason behind them doing it.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Does he also pull up the pants of teenagers? I would have said something to the manager, he has no right to lay hands on you or your property. A less friendly person would have hurt him. Good choice on self control.

People arent allowed to touch other people, It would end up with a smack up side the head, or even a boot in your backside. That man was way out of control. He should be reported.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    If someone grabs at my firearm, they are going to get leg whipped and knocked to the ground at the very least.

I'm thinking joint locks and much twisting of the offending hand and arm.
    He'll remember not to grab for someones gun while trying to tie his shoes for the next month.

My first reaction is to defend myself from some psycho attempting to do who knows what.

Assessing the person for defense, my first reaction would have been a knee to whatever happened to be closest (head, chest, groin) and attempting to step back enough to draw down on them. Granted this is a reactionary statement to what I believe I would do. Luckily I've never had to deploy this tactic.

I second that, I think I am a nice person but I would have flat dropped the guy for even grabbing at my side (weapon).

Spinning back fist followed up quickly by a big boot to the chest. Draw down on him and yell Dont touch my weapon! :D

Wow! No way in hell I would have left with this guy still having a job and his teeth and without a new set of bracelets!

This is one of the better reactions here. Personally, I'm going to drop my right elbow onto the butt of the gun to lock it in its holster, tuck my right hand tight into my body, turn in to the threat and grapple or strike with my left hand.

This is from the point of view of someone who has been there, done that, and if I ever have to do it again I want to bring more friends.

A spontaneous Bruce Lee elbow whack would have been appropriate yet may have complicated your day.

I agree.
    A wrist/arm lock and a take down would have been the bare minimal response from me.
    You dont let anyone grab your gun even if it's not a "real threat".
    If he fights back then a edge weapon comes into play to make sure he stays on the ground or the gun comes out of the holster.

I dont know what are the legalities of someone grabbing your gun but I would have no problem hurting that person pretty bad if he did that, including the use of edge weapons for weapon retention.

This is like listening to kids talk after they come out of their first lesson at "Karate" class. Thinking they are all bad to the BONE.

"I would do this, and then this, and this this, and then whip out my nunchucks..."

This is possibly the best thread ever.

Adult men sharing fictional stories of how they would handle a midget touching their gun in a walmart, as violently as possible.

The only common denominator? They are all awesome in their own imaginations.

I LOVE THIS.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This is like listening to kids talk after they come out of their first lesson at "Karate" class. Thinking they are all bad to the BONE.

"I would do this, and then this, and this this, and then whip out my nunchucks..."

Adult men sharing fictional stories of how they would handle a KNOWN HANDICAPPED midget touching their gun in a walmart, as violently as possible.

I LOVE THIS.

FTFY. IANAL, but as I recall and understand, there's this requirement for REASON involved. I'm all for gently grabbing his hand/wrist, explaining that what he was doing was not only completely inappropriate, but dangerous to him and others, and taking the whole issue to the store manager, but WOW.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    This, but add: The OP stated that he knows the guy is 'handicapped', and what I read into that is 'mental capacity', not just vertically challenged. Maybe I'm an old softie, but I cut the *clinically* mentally 'handicapped' a LOT of slack. *Clinically*, vs. everyone else at WalMart, for clarification. I shudder to think of the articles that would have been written if one of us had issued the beatdown some are calling for on this guy. "Gun nut beats mentally challenged man for pointing out that his gun was showing, more on page 12."

^^^THIS^^^

If this happened just as the OP stated, a simple, firm but controlled arm's length shove should be all that would be required to keep this fella from further touching his sidearm. That should be immediately followed up by a respectful, but stern conversation with the store manager. Billy Bad@$$ attitudes need to be checked when dealing with the mentally challenged because all that will do is escalate the situation.

Hopefully the store manager would make the necessary changes/coaching of his/her employers to see to it that it is a learning moment. I imagine this store employee was only trying to do what his mind comprehended as protecting the patrons around him and there was probably no malicious intent. :twocents:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wait? he was a handicapped guy? I missed that somehow.

So wait.

A Downs-syndrome midget, grabs a Open Carriers 1911, and his shirt, with BOTH hands. IN A WALMART.

And INGO starts to group fantasize about how the knives would come out, if he resisted being thrown to the floor in a arm lock.

"I WILL CUT YOU MIDGET!" " STOP RESISTING MIDGET!" "STOP RESISTING"

You cant make this stuff up.

If I let a mentally handicapped, 3 foot tall midget get his hands on my gun, I would be too ashamed to even admit my lack of knowing what the **** was going on around me.

This guy IS the proverbial 5 year old girl.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Wait? he was a handicapped guy? I missed that somehow.

So wait.

A Downs-syndrome midget, grabs a Open Carriers 1911, and his shirt, with BOTH hands. IN A WALMART.

And INGO starts to group fantasize about how the knives would come out, if he resisted being thrown to the floor in a arm lock.

"I WILL CUT YOU MIDGET!" " STOP RESISTING MIDGET!" "STOP RESISTING"

You cant make this stuff up.

Summed it up nicely, despite the coffee on my keyboard.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Nobody would EVER get his hands on MY gun. Well, except the mentally-challenged smurf at walmart, but I'd kick his @$$ for it, no doubt about it. That's how I roll.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Let me throw one more wrench into this scenario. Like in other threads, be the guy two deep at the checkout counter when that happens. If I'm that guy, don't really catch the initial exchange, and see some guy with a gun starting to hand a beating to an obviously handicapped store employee, let alone see an edged weapon come out, chances are that situation is going to escalate VERY quickly.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I predict this thread is about to get ugly. Sad really. Im for one appreciate the OP sharing his experience. (Im not hip on the lingo man, I assume "OP" is what you call the guy who started the thread)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

Adult men sharing fictional stories of how they would handle a midget touching their gun in a walmart, as violently as possible.

I LOVE THIS.

Not a midget. Anyone.

The gun is not my only means of defense. Just a last resort. ;)

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Let me throw one more wrench into this scenario. Like in other threads, be the guy two deep at the checkout counter when that happens. If I'm that guy, don't really catch the initial exchange, and see some guy with a gun starting to hand a beating to an obviously handicapped store employee, let alone see an edged weapon come out, chances are that situation is going to escalate VERY quickly.

^^^^^:yesway::yesway::yesway:

This was handled well. But we may all be better off if you were to go back and speak to the manager about the employees actions.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    ^As much temptation as I would have to speak to the GM after the incident,
    It is liable to create that much more conflict if you happen to be greeted by a GM that doesn't particularly care for guns and happens to side with the midgemployee...

To avoid conflict or cause a scene, I'd rather write a letter TO the store with the GM's name on it.
    With that, you can also include the legality of what was wrong that the employee did (battery).

Top Bottom